What's new

It's that time again...White Widow

hashit

Day10 from sprout
Temps: 72.3 Day, 68 Night
Humidity: 65%
Watering: Tap, every 3 days

Great growth...they love their environment! The White Widows are a bit larger than the KB's...that is expected since the KB is a short and stocky plant.

Here is a group shot:
picture.php

The White Widow (WW1) that I am loving:
picture.php

This Kushberry (KB1) is looking nice:
picture.php

I will update again once they are transplanted

hashit

Day 16 since sprouting
Humidity: 65%
Watering: Distilled water and 1/4 tsp Big Bloom @ 6.5 pH

They were transferred to 1/2 gallon square pots 3 days ago. They are still doing great. I expect rapid vegetative growth in about 5 days.

picture.php

hashit

Day 18 since sprouting
Watering: Distilled and 1/4 tsp Grow Big and 1 tsp Big Bloom

Cotyledon leaves started to show faint signs of yellow, which means that they are starting to get hungry! Used 1/4 tsp Grow Big and 1 tsp Big Bloom @ 6.5 pH

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hashit

Day 20 since sprouting
Temps: 70 Day, 65 Night
Watering: None since last update

They have now entered rapid vegetative growth! They seem to get bigger each time I look at them.

picture.php

It's looks as they liked the 1/4 tsp dosage of Grow Big (6-4-4-). I plan on watering them in the next two days w/distilled water and 2 tsp Big Bloom (.01-0.3-0.7) and will gradually increase the dosage. I feed them Big Bloom every watering since it's organic and gives them a good dose of bacteria (soil conditioner). The low dosage of Grow Big has ensured that I do not over fertilize and is keeping the ladies nice and healthy. I am going to keep the 1/4 tsp Grow Big dosage until next feeding which will be in approx 6 days. I feed them with every other watering. I also make sure that the soil is dry before I water to inhibit root growth...keeping the soil moist all the time is a big no-no.

So far I think I have selected the keepers...the last three WW's in the front row, and the last three KB's in the second row. Two of the WW's seem to have an identical phenotype so far, and the third one is a bit shorter. The KB's that we want to keep have a low profile and are very healthy. The KB on the left is going to be donated to a fellow grower.

Now what about the other WW's? I went ahead and made the decision to up pot those to 2 gallon pots and keep them on the side to experiment with different topping techniques. Better than tossing them out!

Now as for how long I am vegging...I will not go by "weeks", I am going to determine the flip once they are sexually mature. Once I start seeing alternating nodes or presex, then I will flip. This should put me at approximately 6 - 7 weeks veg.

hashit

Blend of earthworm castings, bat guano, and Pacific Northwest sea-going fish and crab meal. Composted forest humus, sandy loam, sphagnum peat moss, and perlite. Thanks for the comment!

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
DNA Kushberry is one of my favorites. Look for the smallest yielding SUPER dense pheno that glows haha. Here's a pic of mine hope you don't mind..
picture.php

:eggnog:

hashit

Day 23 since sprouting
Temps: 71 Day, 65 Night
Watering: 1tsp Big Bloom w/Distilled @ 6.5 pH

Well, I decided to go ahead and transplant them in their final containers(3 gallon square pots). I was going to wait until next week sometime, but I said screw it and did it yesterday. I want them to have any transplant 'shock' early on, that way I do not have to worry about it later in the grow.

Transplant 101
picture.php

We fill the larger pot with soil then place the smaller one inside. Next, we fill around the smaller pot with soil then remove the pot and transplant. This makes it very easy.

White Widow
picture.php

Group Shot
picture.php

It looks like they did not suffer any shock this morning...they were nice and perky and noticed some growth. The WW's are much larger than the KB's!

hashit

Day 25 since sprouting
Temps: 70 Day, 62 Night
Watering: None

The ladies are looking very healthy and the fan leaves on the WW's are starting to get big

picture.php

picture.php

I am watering them in a couple of days with 1/4 tsp Grow Big and 2tsp Big Bloom.

Happy New Years!

nnep

Is that like a DIY controller? i wish i knew my electrical work i could save a ton of money =/

Looking very healthy and happy. how much longer do you plan to veg?

hashit

Is that like a DIY controller? i wish i knew my electrical work i could save a ton of money =/

Looking very healthy and happy. how much longer do you plan to veg?

Yea I got the fan controller for $12 and I had the rest of the items on hand...pretty simple to make! I plan on vegging until I see alternating nodes or sex...so about 3 or so more weeks, which will be around 6 - 7 weeks veg. I am trying to squeeze out as much yield as I can without doing any type of training.
:tree:

hashit

Day 28 since sprouting
Temps: 71 Day, 68 Night
Watering: 1/2tsp Grow Big & 1tsp Big Bloom @ 6.5pH

Its been one month since they have sprouted. So far, so good. They have been growing pretty fast. The WW fan leaves are so huge compared to the KB's. Pics below:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The fan leaf is 6 inches x 5 inches.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The tallest plant is 7.5 inches, the smallest is 5 inches tall. They have been staying nice and short for the most part.

hashit

Day 32 since sprouting
Temps: 73 Day, 67 Night
Watering: 1tsp Big Bloom @ 6.5pH

Impressive growth...the WW's have very dense foliage, but are staying relatively short. The KB's are short and stocky, except for one of them..I might have to FIM her in a few days as she is getting taller than the WW's!

I experienced some leaf "canoeing" on the WW's...no over watering but I am suspecting that it's a reaction to the low humidity (cupping to conserve moisture), so I am going to raise the humidity a bit with my humidifier. I had the same problem when I previously grew out these ladies, so I am not too worried...I will let them do their thing!

Here is a pic of the KB's inter node growth...once again very short!
picture.php

The WW's are on the bottom
picture.php

Here are the height measurements I took this morning:

WW4: 9''
WW5: 9''
WW2: 8.5''

KB1: 9''
KB3: 7''
KB4: 6.5''

On another note, my light did not turn on this morning...the MH bulb went bad. I put in the HPS and waited until 7AM to pick up a brand new MH...they are happy once again. Till next time!

OPT

I too think I'm having a humidity problem with the cupping of a couple leaves. It's funny though, I have a freak of a Pure Power plant that is as big as your 28 day old plants from seed, and it's only 14 days old! I'll try to get some pics up soon, you should see this.

OPT

hashit

I too think I'm having a humidity problem with the cupping of a couple leaves. It's funny though, I have a freak of a Pure Power plant that is as big as your 28 day old plants from seed, and it's only 14 days old! I'll try to get some pics up soon, you should see this.

OPT

Pics please! I would love to see your PP's

OPT

maybe a little later today, I had some hiccups on the lime department and i think that's why my other little ones seem a little reluctant to start growing besides "the monster". Hopefully they will kick into full gear in the next 2 weeks!

OPT

Latest posts

Latest posts