What's new

It's official: Californians want marijuana legal!

J

JackTheGrower

Just in!!!!

-----------------------------------

Dear JackTheGrower:

Last week, one of the state’s most universally respected opinion research firms, Field Poll, released data indicating that 56% of registered voters in California believe marijuana should be legal and taxed.

The poll asked voters their opinion of various policies that would bring in new revenue for California. Legalizing and taxing marijuana turned out to be among the most popular of the dozen proposals, garnering more that twice the support expressed for increasing gas or sales taxes.

Please call your legislators today to let them know that public opinion favors taxing and regulating marijuana and ask them to co-sponsor A.B. 390, Assembly Member Tom Ammiano’s legislation that would do just that!

Just follow the simple directions at MPP’s online action center to find contact information for your state assembly member and senator. A sample script for each will be provided for your convenience.

Once on the phone with a capitol staffer, politely let them know that you want your representative to sign on as a co-sponsor to A.B. 390 — the Marijuana Control, Regulation, and Education Act. After your call, be sure to let us know what kind of response you receive through our online feedback form.

Thank you for supporting MPP and sensible marijuana policy in California. Please don’t forget to ask your friends, family, and co-workers in California to follow your lead by taking action in support of A.B. 390!

Sincerely,

Aaron Smith signature
F. Aaron Smith
California Policy Director
Marijuana Policy Project

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
NO MORE SCHOOLS! NO MORE ROADS!

MORE JAILS AND MORE INCARCERATION FOR A PLANT!
The Lottery already funds our schools...........OH Wait...........No......that was a scam too !!

Gas taxes (the highest in the country) already fund our roads............Oh Wait..............No..........Another scam gone bad.

We already pay but get nothing in return except billions in the hole.

Make pot legal. NO NEW TAXES !!

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Please call your legislators today to let them know that public opinion favors taxing and regulating marijuana and ask them to co-sponsor A.B. 390, Assembly Member Tom Ammiano’s legislation that would do just that!
Uh, that bill will only make mj totally legal (i.e., taxed and regulated) in CA if and when it is legalized federally. It's a good bill and it's passage would be a big step, but it will have little immediate impact beyond taking away penalties for personal use/growing.

danut

Uh, that bill will only make mj totally legal (i.e., taxed and regulated) in CA if and when it is legalized federally. It's a good bill and it's passage would be a big step, but it will have little immediate impact beyond taking away penalties for personal use/growing.
But federal law is only going to be enforced when state law is broken .. right?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it says the same thing in the mmj prop 215 law. California doesnt follow that. It is just a disclaimer to keep politicians out of jail.

TrainMan

Come on...America has been high jacked...the 'best' country in the world which i truly believe it could be....is being run by the worst, and the least among us....

PIRATE, ITS TIME TO TAKE THE POWER BACK!!! bam

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
The Lottery already funds our schools...........OH Wait...........No......that was a scam too !!

Gas taxes (the highest in the country) already fund our roads............Oh Wait..............No..........Another scam gone bad.

We already pay but get nothing in return except billions in the hole.

Make pot legal. NO NEW TAXES !!

I could not have said it better! K+

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
When pig fly-- (Swine Flu doesn't count):nanana:

FYI bro they do fly....

Police_chopper_rear_view_static.jpg

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
FYI bro they do fly....

Police_chopper_rear_view_static.jpg

Good one!!:abduct:
Haha...J/P...I am medicated, and having fun...my shit may or may not make sense tonight-- So are the seats wide enough for the pigs?? And where do they put their donuts...gotta weigh more than the fuel-- Haha-- (Told ya!! lol)

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
Tried to rep ya FF !!
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later
When pigs fly. LMFAO. That is a good one with the copter !!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think all out door calli gowers should secure fiber optic cable nets over their grow plots so when the choppers try to land they cant see it and get tangled up in it. It wont be strong eough to crash them, but it will fuck up their helicoptors. which will put their pot busting choppers out of commision, over and over, making it impossible to enforce pot growing laws by air. Fuck their chopers.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Fuck taxing shit cause we already pay enough as it is. Where does all of our taxes go as it is? Why allow a budget to go beyond what you make on taxes? Stupidity and excess is what we need to be able to vote against. We all should be able to grow weed and sell it without paying more then an income tax. Then again income tax is a whole other beast of an argument to get involved in here.

A

alpinestar

I think all out door calli gowers should secure fiber optic cable nets over their grow plots so when the choppers try to land they cant see it and get tangled up in it. It wont be strong eough to crash them, but it will fuck up their helicoptors. which will put their pot busting choppers out of commision, over and over, making it impossible to enforce pot growing laws by air. Fuck their chopers.

i like that kind of thinking

perhaps you could dig a pit at what looks like an obvious choice for a landing site, then cover it with something just strong enough to barely hold the weight for a few seconds...

Koroz

sounding like a broken record, but the day they introduce a bill that will pass with out taxes ill vote on it.

Until then I will back anything that lets me smoke, keep my kids, and not be fined when smoking for personal use. Welcome to running a business, or having a job where you have to pay taxes. Selling Cannabis should be treated as selling any other commodity in our country.

Don't want to pay taxes? Don't sell, or grow over 10 plants in California. Or.. Get a med card =)