What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's my first time... be gentle ;)

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I didn't want to turn the plant, because I am afraid to disturb it.

This plant will fucking amaze you. The beating cannabis can take is extraordinary. I try to stop messing (cutting/pruning/tiedown) with them after day 30, but if I can get everything pruned right by day 21, then so be it, but sometimes I'm a little late. It's no big problem.

That being said, the smoother the transplanting and changes the better, but she's no delicate flower. But she does perform when everything is just right. And always wait a week or so from last transplant till flip, otherwise she'll be getting over the stress and trying to form new roots, while she should be growing.

Last edited:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Ugh. I have a feeling I know what this is. My CD4 girlie has decided she wanted to be a shemale, right? Bleh.
Well, you caught it, that's better than some 'professional' warehouse growers. :)
Could this be from my fucking cat munching on some of her leaves? You can see the nub of a munched petiole below the bud.
Stress/genetics, combination. The cat would have to have teared it apart IMO to cause it to stress hard, it's a weed.
Light leaks are a big contributor for some of the hermie prone. Some people even report power strip lights helping their stuff herm.
Each plant is different, some hardier than others. Weed out the weak, build your team.

This is a lower, really small bud, but when I was inspecting this morning, I saw this. Grrr. I combed the rest of them and didn't see any more, but now I am going to inspect the hell out of her every day.
They usually sprout on the lower-inner branches that aren't exposed to the light as much, don't know why, but first place to look if in a hurry.

I used a tweezer to pluck the bunch off.
Tweezers, scissors, fingers...All good.
Usually takes a few weeks from formation till they are ready to skeet skeet skeet all over the place.

Start taking that $$$ you save on smoke and put it aside for some goodies to make your life easier. a 4x6x8 is a good bit of space to get a personal rocking. If you can find/make a chest/box for your clones/veg than properly vented you could be running a 1,000w HPS in that space and fill it with a scrog and 3 plants in 7+ gal pots
Just keep using the search tools and seeing how others have dealt with problems.

Carbon filter would be my first one in the city. Just because it's legal, you don't want every Meth addict knowing you grow. But I hear you, they're probably confused on who to rob.
Just because they don't smell now, doesn't mean they won't really start stinking when you hone your craft and you don't want to need one and be strapped for cash unable to get one.

...and we can't forget the slightly more masculine (hehehe... though I haven't found any more nanners since that first bunch last week) CD4!

(I hate when I post pics of the two and they get spread across two pages. If you missed the Lemon Pie photos, they are on the previous page!)

plato

Lookin nice.
You say those are 5 weeks in?
They should fill out nicely.
I hate to say it, but since its under flouros you will probably have some pretty airy buds.
The ones close to the light will be dense. You saw my little girl, under the same setup, basically.
I hope you do get some seeds off that hermie.
Those'll be female, with a potential of carrying on that hermie trait, you'll have to watch that.
I have seen pics of pollen sacs developing in the buds, you aren't clear yet. Hopefully you won't get to many seeds.
I am really feeling that cd4, hang some cfls in there, you need more light.
You said you already had t12s hanging in between, right? That will help prevent that airy bud problem.
Sorry, if I sound lecturing, but you sound like you are just a couple steps behind me in the learning curve, that makes me a good teacher for you( to an extent, these vets are gonna have the best advice-i can relate better though.

Lookin nice.
You say those are 5 weeks in?
They should fill out nicely.
I hate to say it, but since its under flouros you will probably have some pretty airy buds.
The ones close to the light will be dense. You saw my little girl, under the same setup, basically.
I hope you do get some seeds off that hermie.
Those'll be female, with a potential of carrying on that hermie trait, you'll have to watch that.
I have seen pics of pollen sacs developing in the buds, you aren't clear yet. Hopefully you won't get to many seeds.
I am really feeling that cd4, hang some cfls in there, you need more light.
You said you already had t12s hanging in between, right? That will help prevent that airy bud problem.
Sorry, if I sound lecturing, but you sound like you are just a couple steps behind me in the learning curve, that makes me a good teacher for you( to an extent, these vets are gonna have the best advice-i can relate better though.

I move the lights for the pictures, but they have four t8s right above them (like an inch above the top bud), two t12s in between them, and they each have two (for a total of 4) 23w CFLs on the sides :) These plants are TINY, so it's okay for what they are. If I get an ounce BETWEEN the two, I'd be thrilled out of my MIND, but I doubt it'll be that much. Even though I smoke every night, a gram lasts me like 2 weeks :D

plato

I misread your initial post, I thought you said you had 3000 lumens, that was kelvins. Nvm
You should be able to get that. How big are they? Looks like about 2 ft

I misread your initial post, I thought you said you had 3000 lumens, that was kelvins. Nvm
You should be able to get that. How big are they? Looks like about 2 ft

Oh, I calculated lumens, it was like 24k total lumens :D Yeah, the lighting is between 2700 and 3000 kelvin :)

How big are the lights, or the plants? The tubes are all 48". Lemon Pie is 13" tall, and Chemdawg 4 is about 18".

Last edited:

plato

24000 lumens is quite substantial, that's almost half a 400 watt HPS...recommended minimum 5000 per sq. ft. to bloom, and you probably have like 4 sq. ft. ?
I was asking about the plants size, they will probably not get much bigger, this far along
But, they should be covered in buds by the time they finish.
I really think you should hit your target, no problem

the ringmasta

:yeahthats

I agree Plato...they won't get any taller but they'll definitely put on some more weight in these weeks to come. I don't think it's completely out of the question for you to finish closer to 2oz than 1oz between the both of them LTTG. Having grown many plants around that size due to space constraints early in my career...i'll take a wild guess and say you'll end up somewhere between 35-45 grams.

That Lemon Pie is a great looking plant by the way. The abundance of those yellow/lime-y colored pistils give it a pretty exotic look. Nice frost coverage on those sugar leaves too.

Okay, so I heard from the friend that gave me the clones (he's really hard to pin down...) and he said the guy who gave him the LP cut said it's a 9 week flower. So I am in this for the next 4-5 weeks :) I hope everything stays as smooth as it has so far!

Thanks for your input, guys! :thank you:

Fungus Gnats...

Fungus Gnats...

Okay, so I am now 5.5 weeks in to 9 and 10 week strains, so I still have around 4 weeks to go, and I have noticed freakin' fungus gnats. There aren't hundreds or anything, but I don't want them to multiply to where I have a problem, and I don't particularly want to spray nasty crap on my halfway-there flowers.

Will one (or a few) of those hanging flying insect traps work? *Not* the kind with any chemicals, just a sticky-trap, the kind you tack up, and they are a coil of paper coated with super-sticky stuff? I know they are fungus gnats -- I have caught one and checked it out under 30x magnification. They are not winged root aphids.

tube dude

Those should work to kill the flying ones but they are still coming from your soil. I would suggest you get a small bag of diatomaceous earth. Just sprinkle a thin layer on top of your soil. It contains no chemicals and doesn't cost much.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Mosquito dunks supposedly work well for fungus gnats. I have no personal experience with the beasties.

I hung up one of those sticky coils. We won't talk about the one that accidentally got a bunch of strands of my HAIR caught in it, and I had to CUT IT OUT ::sigh:: (my hair is really long, and the fan blew it just right... right onto the strip.) Last I looked, there were four of the little buggers stuck to it :) Yay! Hopefully it got those four before they laid eggs.

I will look into diatomaceous earth tomorrow. I need it for an earwig problem anyway... (not in that room -- outside).

Latest posts

Latest posts