What's new

Its amazing to think that in 2023 most people that actually smoked imported Colombian Cannabis in the 60's, 70's never got to see an uncompressed 🌼

Lugo

Veteran
20201228_130626~2.jpg

Rembetis

I miss those days. Columbian, Panama Red, Oaxacan, Jamaican, Thai Stick. Afghani and Pakistani Hash along with Lebanese Red and Gold Hash is what mostly came thru the mid west. Never heard of Indica till I moved out west in 81 and was buying hydro weed from some bikers. It hadn't hit the mid west yet. In 83 made it to Jamaica and smoked the old Lambsbread weed. Electric rocket fuel! The hybrids were already in Negril and that crap spread fast.

Not on here much anymore but when I am its mostly in the Landrace section or the Hash section. Prefer the old lines over the poly hybrid stuff. Thats where I'd run into some of the other guys but since the site format changed they seem to have dropped off

OldCoolSativa

True. I never saw non-bricked Colombian back in the day. The very last batch of imported Colombian I saw was in 1980; I scored a QP from a friend's dorm-mate at Harvard, and this shit was crazy potent, lightly bricked Colombian sinsemilla. It still had that Colombian aroma, but the buds were smaller, more dense, and very dark brown. I had people lining up to buy what little I had back in Texas. It was stunningly potent, but also extremely harsh smoke (harshest I've ever had) with a deeply narcotic high. I think it was a very early hybrid; Crippy V1.0.

Lugo

Veteran
You making seed from your varieties too Lugo? Bud looks killer. Love to see the structure of the whole plant.
Um, ive got a couple of things going on. Ive got a good amount of original seedstock and some PR crosses made in Hawaii waiting their turn.
(PRm x JLB x Swazi)

Going for an open pollination of CPR 🔴 this year at about 3000masl and might throw some GDPs under that and see how they do for fun.

Also have some MBs being pollinated by some imported Mexican desert skunk that f'n reeks, see what it does to the MB

Attachments

• 20230304_102105.jpg
    20230304_102105.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230306_144933~2.jpg
    20230306_144933~2.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 56

Lugo

Veteran
You making seed from your varieties too Lugo? Bud looks killer. Love to see the structure of the whole plant.
Have seed and reproducing my older CPR 🔴 line every few years outside of regional seed accessions. Last reproduction was 2020. Going for another conservation seed run this year with a really nice, recent PR accession. Hopefully 🤞

Attachments

• received_150853641223423.jpeg
    received_150853641223423.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 49

IndicaFarmer

What kind of climate you growing those beauties in? Looks like tropical native environment? Is cannabis legal in Columbia? I would think the gov has better things to do than bother home grows/hobbyists. What with all the narco/cartel business going on down there. I'd love to visit though, beautiful forests, old historical buildings, and the ladies look to be about the most gorgeous of Gods creations!

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

I guerilla grew a lot of bagseed of something that came out looking like a lot like Lugo's pictures in Northern Virginia back in the 80s, I had a creek that I knew better than anyone else, knew all the spots that would get sunlight and wouldn't be visible from any trails. Those were the first pot plants I ever grew. The people I bought the bud the seeds came out of said it had been hustled up from Florida, I forget the name of the gangster who was supposedly in charge of supplying the smuggler's speed boats offshore of Florida, but I remember that it was said to have been Columbia who was supplying him, I think I read that in Howard Marks' book. The plants I grew on the creek's oxbows would get huge, I learned to top them every month to keep them out of sight, good advice I read in High Times. Presumably the oxbow plants were rooting down into the water table, the ones on hillsides out of the creek bed were reliant on rain or hand watering and never got as big. Lugo's pictures are all really familiar looking. One time the guy with the connection sold me an ounce that was just one long bud, it had to be folded a few times to fit in the bag, when I got it home & unfolded it, the bud was about as long as my arm.

Lugo

Veteran
I guerilla grew a lot of bagseed of something that came out looking like a lot like Lugo's pictures in Northern Virginia back in the 80s, I had a creek that I knew better than anyone else, knew all the spots that would get sunlight and wouldn't be visible from any trails. Those were the first pot plants I ever grew. The people I bought the bud the seeds came out of said it had been hustled up from Florida, I forget the name of the gangster who was supposedly in charge of supplying the smuggler's speed boats offshore of Florida, but I remember that it was said to have been Columbia who was supplying him, I think I read that in Howard Marks' book. The plants I grew on the creek's oxbows would get huge, I learned to top them every month to keep them out of sight, good advice I read in High Times. Presumably the oxbow plants were rooting down into the water table, the ones on hillsides out of the creek bed were reliant on rain or hand watering and never got as big. Lugo's pictures are all really familiar looking. One time the guy with the connection sold me an ounce that was just one long bud, it had to be folded a few times to fit in the bag, when I got it home & unfolded it, the bud was about as long as my arm.
Colombian cultivars did especially well in places like Georgia, Virginia, Kentucky because of exactly what you said. Its all about terroir. That silty, red clayish soil above the water table is it. Its as close as you can get to Colombias terroir up there.

This buds for you!

Wish I could get in touch with growers in those parts. Ive tried but making friends in this field is tougher than ever.

✌️💀🌺

Attachments

• received_298762872892010.jpeg
    received_298762872892010.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 62

squatty

I grew up in Hawaii and was smoking what was there in the late '70s and '80s. I had a friend from San Francisco that would come out each summer. He would often bring Colombian weed as a backup. Your Punto Rojo above reminds me very much or the stuff he would bring. Thanks for the memories!