What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's all snake oil except for your base nutes and micos

p0opstlnksal0t

if the environment is proper with fresh air and healthy plants transpiring, additional co2 doesn't do anything

there's a video of a grow workshop from what looks like the mid 90's or something with Arjan and Simon talking about it, where they had tried adding co2 and saw no difference in their rooms

found the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sicXMHhGoEU

That's not exactly what he said. He said adding CO2 means extra light, nutrients and HVAC needs for cooling the extra light and the plant grows much faster consuming more resources. This is exactly why many indoor ops supplement the cO2. He said he's happy in his personal grows with typical atmospheric conditions and lots of ventilation since he doesn't have to worry about added HVAC needs

mexweed

Veteran
"never worked for me I don't believe in it anymore, I think the co2 in the outside air is good enough you have to ventilate well"

it might look like it works at first because of the accelerated growth but the end result is what matters, I realized this about bloom boosters, they might initiate more aggressive flowering so at first it's like wow this is working, but all said and done the buds might be a bit more dense but there isn't any actual increase in weight or quality

and not a lot of growers have the patience to see these kinds of things, they see what they think is it working and they never look back

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
"never worked for me I don't believe in it anymore, I think the co2 in the outside air is good enough you have to ventilate well"

it might look like it works at first because of the accelerated growth but the end result is what matters, I realized this about bloom boosters, they might initiate more aggressive flowering so at first it's like wow this is working, but all said and done the buds might be a bit more dense but there isn't any actual increase in weight or quality

and not a lot of growers have the patience to see these kinds of things, they see what they think is it working and they never look back
:tiphat: Hit it right on the head that time. Very clearly put, thank you. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts