What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Its a Bio-bucket takeover!

Rattrap

hey hydropimp,
I just used 13mm bucket mount drain that i mounted in the side rather than in the bottom as TB did. Mine were the top hat style rubber bung & a 13mm polly inline joiner. I've found them in most hydro shops.
I just used plain old clear silcone, the 24 hr cure type. as long as its suitable for aquariums it should be fine

Hydropimp

Veteran
Thanx's for the reply RAT,

If it woundn't be to much trouble can you take a pic so I can see what you used.

Rattrap

Hey hydropimp,
here it is. sorry for the fuzzy pics, my camera doesn't like close ups.
i'm using a 19mm to 13mm reducer here, 13 mm is fine for just a drain line as flow rate won't matter for just dumping out the water.

Hydropimp

Veteran
Rattrap you are the man!!!!

I was thinking about using that but was not to sure

THANXS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rattrap

Hey all,
Happy to help hydropimp, good luck with it.

Time for a quick update. Well i've run out of vertical height so its time to give em a spray of Bonza Bud. Its an aussie product with the They are comming along really well, i gave them the other 600mls of bio-juice flower 24hrs after the first lot. The ph shot up to 6.7 in the first 48hrs but then droped back to 6.1 after a further 48 hrs. Its now at 5.8 with the TDS at 1110. This is where %100 organic nutes can be a pain in the ass, they don't register on any nute strenght meters. I'll probably rely primarly on the PH to tell me when its time to do a nute topup, when it gets down to around 5.6 i figure it'll be time for a nute topup. Total branch height above the screen is 500mm or about 20"

Last edited:

Rattrap

Hey all,
just a quick pic update. The girls are 23 days into flower now & all are doing real well, had some light burn probs but i've got most of that under control now, had to do a bit more stem snapping tho. Breaks my heart!!!

The first 2 pics are of the white heaven standard its right in the back & not easy to get to these days. lol

I'm still pumping dutchmaster & bio-juice nutes into them, they're sucking up around 30L of water every 2 days now. The days are starting to warm up here a bit - finally thank the ganja god. The sunken res temp is sweet as can be & rock steady at 22c. I thought i was gonna be in for a bit of humidity problems but with the days warming up the outdoor ambient humidity is droping so my room humidity is also droping, its now in the mid 50's at the end of the days light cycle.

Heres some Celticstone,

Group shot

Rattrap

hey BG, nope, the drains are easy as to get into. I just lift the edge of the lid over the drain till i can get my hand in there then i just ease any roots out of the drain line. not that i'm getting much at all, certainally not enough to slow water flow much at all, just a few tendrills

Rattrap

Hey all
Well time for a quick pic update. Not a lot is happening. The girls are getting fatter, stinkier & smellier. Just the way i like my girls. lol.
The pics were taken today, day 41 of flower. Not long to go now!

U can see a little bit of light burn on a couple of leaves in the first pic. Thats what happens when u run out of height. :chin:
Damn i'm loven the light mover, u can see in the 3rd pic just how low u can get the lights with a mover. I've found the hard way that the bottom of the shade is about as close as u want to go. Any lower & i start to see signs of burn plus the buds stick to the shade. lol! The burn in the pic is near the far end of the lights movement, i ran into a slight problem with a cable holding back the mover motor & slowing it down a the end of its run so that the crowns at the end got a little too blasted. Doesn't seem to have effected them much, mostly just the leaves plus a little bit of the fine white hairs at the top got a little singed.:fsu: Problem has since been fixed.

Last edited:

fnok

That looks great. I love these biobuckets.

I dont think you mentioned the size of the space you are using for your setup, would you mind telling me the size?
Thanks.

Rattrap

Hey fnok, sorry mate for some reason i missed all the latest posts. My green room is around 2M square & about 1.8m high. My scrog screen is 1.5M square.

Well i'm getting close to the finish. Dumped out all nutes & replaced with plain water today. I'll givem a week on plain water then its sharp scissors & sticky fingers!

WARDONE

rattrap brother its looking great buddy im loving the greeness of your plants and niice frost as well brother ....
well hmmm ive never heard of bio buckets is it simillar to
recirc dwc

Rattrap

Hey wardone, thanks mate. bio-buckets are kind of similar to recirc DWC but kind of not. lol. Heres a link an awsome thread here on IC by Big Toke.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8182&page=1&pp=15
Mate after this grow with them i don't think i'll ever grow any other way indoors, they are just SO easy & trouble free. U can just about forget about any more PH worries & no need to do them pain in the ass water change outs either, i've done this entire grow without a single water change out yet i'm using standard Dutch Master chem nutes. Root blockage of outlets are almost a thing of the past too, all it take is to lift the corner of the lid where the outlet is & move any roots away from the outlet by hand, i do this about once a fortnight, thats it! Thats not even mentioning the shit hot growth rates u get in them either! The only concern is water temps, u gotta keep it roughly in the 21-23c range but then thats the same for any DWC type of grow. Even then they are very forgiving with high water temps.

Rattrap

Hey all, sorry for the late update.
Harvest went ahead a few days ago. All looked exellent, nice & sticky. There was a little bit of light damage but nothing to get upset about, most was on the highest leaves.
heres a few pics i took just before the chop.

hay rat a fellow auzzie here!

cool setup what yield are you expecting as i am think of doing a 6 buckets grow! I have all the gear to get started on my own 6 bucket bio stash of goodness.

Latest posts

Latest posts