What's new

ITryToGrow Tries to grow

ITryToGrow

Right on, good luck! Also, think about going a bit light on the nutes once u change the resi, seeing as they are a bit young.

Yeah, my original plan was actually to start out with an EC of about 0.5 and then gradually increase it as they grew.

However, when I mixed the nutes in the water I calculated the ratio wrong. :pointlaug

Lesson learned, this weekend I'll do it right! :)

Overgrow The WORLD!!!!

Workin' on it! :D

Cheers

:joint:

IamNug

lookin good, only reason I didn't suggest anything myself was your new growth is looking healthier and sometimes young plants shrivel up a tad when they are trying to latch on to a new hydro system. I figured with your hardware and testing equipment you will get er dialed in real soon. Maybe, like others suggested, it's just a matter of getting a feel for what the particular strain likes. Which I think you are on the right track! keep up the great work! :D

ITryToGrow

Long overdue update

Long overdue update

Hi all!

Seems like I keep apologizing for the too-far-apart-updates. But leading a regular life with both school and work and growing keeps me away from the computer. So no more apologizing! :D

Here we go:

This is day 20-ish:

picture.php

This is the same plant as in the previous posts, and I'm not sure exactly what to make of it.

The newer growth seems fine, but I get the feeling something is still wrong.

I emptied out both tanks, and replaced it with fresh RO-water and nutes.

EC is at 0.50 and pH fluctuates kinda bad. I raise it to about 5.90 - 6.00 but the next day it's below 5.00. Any ideas what to do about it, I don't like it one bit.

This is a plant that feeds from the other tank, same EC and same situation with the pH tho.

picture.php

This one show basically no signs of any problems...

Anyway, got tired of the RH fluctuating to much, lows around 40% and highs around 70% so I invested in a new humidistat:

picture.php

I'm loving it so far!

Features include:

- Different settings for night- and day-time (if you wonder why this is good, I recommend reading about VPD).

- You can set the value for when to switch it, ie if you put the value at 5% and the desired RH is 70%, it will kick on again when it's down to 65%.

- It can control both a humidifier and a de-humidifier.

- Two outlets controlled by separate timers.

- Alarm function.

And a overall progress pic to finish:

picture.php

As usual, any and all input are more than welcome! :yes:

Cheers!

ITryToGrow

Dammit!

One of table has been a little bit slower than the rest, didn't think much of it until today when I felt they were a bit droopy..

No wonder they've been slow! The pump was barely working, it was just trickling out. :wallbash:

Well, I'm like the boy-scouts, always ready - so I had a spare pump. Hopefully they will catch up, at least somewhat.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Dude, this is starting to get interesting

Great work overcoming your earlier issues

I am getting anxious for the flower show here..

ITryToGrow

Kickin' it up a notch!

Kickin' it up a notch!

Thanks to Scrogerman things are sure looking better, not 100% but I guess changes don't happen over night. :D

Support-net is mounted:

picture.php

I have two sets in case they get REALLY big.

I also mounted the two vertical hanging 400's:

picture.php

So a total of 2kW running now, hopefully the mix of horizontal and vertical will prove to be good.

Looking good ey?

picture.php

Hopefully things level out for you...the ladies are looking lovely. I would still trim up the bottom of the plants but I'm no expert.

IamNug

lookin proper itrytogrow, good work. I can't wait to see that screen get filled and flipped! Thanks again for sharing!

Hovz

Thanks! :D

Switch to GH?

Yea i think it was you that i read were thinking bout switching to GH, i had great results in bubble buckets with the lucas formula. Maybe not a good idea to switch middle of a grow but defiantly think about trying GH.

Raphael

I can also attest to the lucas formula in buckets or ebb n flow...anyways iTry those girls are getting bigger and bigger every week nice :) what's the temp of your res with the added wattage?

Keep up the good work, cheers :)

PS Check out my sig...just updated the journal with some pics of the girls 49 days into flower if you like bud pics haha. There is also a link to a grow fairly similar to this one, 8 plants dwc under 1200w and vegging them for 14 days was too long even with the screen...

PS Check out my sig...just updated the journal with some pics of the girls 49 days into flower if you like bud pics haha. There is also a link to a grow fairly similar to this one, 8 plants dwc under 1200w and vegging them for 14 days was too long even with the screen...

HOLY SHIT those girls look nice! Cheers

ITryToGrow

lookin proper itrytogrow, good work. I can't wait to see that screen get filled and flipped! Thanks again for sharing!

Yeah, me too! :D

But I feel like things are going slow tho. :( Maybe it's just me. I'm not used to using MH lamps, I've always used HPS from day 1.

Yea i think it was you that i read were thinking bout switching to GH, i had great results in bubble buckets with the lucas formula. Maybe not a good idea to switch middle of a grow but defiantly think about trying GH.

Yeah, it probably was me. :D

But it won't be until next run. I'm not 100% happy with Metrop and it seems that there's not many peeps using them. :(

I can also attest to the lucas formula in buckets or ebb n flow...anyways iTry those girls are getting bigger and bigger every week nice :) what's the temp of your res with the added wattage?

Keep up the good work, cheers :)

Yeah, but I want them bigger faster. HAHA. The plan is not to flip them until they alternate nodes or show preflowers, neither is showing yet, and they've been in veg for over a month now. :(

The res temp is about 77F, a bit high perhaps, but with all the oxygen I'm adding and that it's constantly flowing (tables AND res) should make it somewhat better.

DAMN! Looking real good Raph! I WISH mine will look like that!

About the screen, the original plan was just to use it for plant support, but perhaps I should scrog-it?

Cheers all! :thank you:

ITryToGrow

Humidifying

Humidifying

I'm not 100% satisfied with the humidity-solution.

Don't get me wrong, the humidifier is the shit! It's more the way I use/implement it that I'm not satisfied with.

I got two issues with it:

1. It feels like the extractor sucks most of the humidity out.
2. I feel like the humidity that stays is not proportionally spread out thru the tent.

As for 1, the extractor is dialed down as much as possible (I gotta watch the heat as well).

As for 2, not that it is a big surprise, but it's more humid closest to the machine, and it feels like it's NO humidity in the corners of the tent.

What I'm looking for is some advise about what I can do to spread it out more. Take a look a the pictures I've posted earlier to see where fans, extractor and humidifier are placed.

I'm aiming for 70% rh during lights on, and 60% during lights off.

Oh yeah, I have removed the T-piece since that made the vertical bulbs get showered.

Cheers,

ITTG

Latest posts

Latest posts