What's new

ITALIANO FOR BEGINNERS

spicecowboy

About 2 months ago, I started to seriously study romanic languages in general,- particularly Italian.

Today, I did an exam in order to find out how my Italian really is.

I had to face the harsh truth:

Grammatics, Vocabulary,- ho dimenticato tutto :confused:

Nonetheless the professor told me, that I should go on studying, because I had a special feeling for this language.

This study is gonna last at least 4 years.

If I really can make this, I´ll have a master´s degree in philosophy.

Jesus, I have the opportunity to take a deep look into origins and development of romanic languages.

From Dante(Durante) Allighieri to Laurenzo Jovanotti.... :chin:

So I decided to ask for a little help from my friends.

Italian native speakers are as welcome as all those folks out there who just want to learn a wee bit more.

This thread is dedicated to Romanic Languages, so all our Spain, Mexican whatsover fellas are also highly welcome.

Let´s all contribute to this.

Hey, all ya old stoners, crawl out of your holes,- let´s learn Italian..

Peace,

spice

Last edited:
ei spice nice you are studing italian language!
but for sayng : "Taday I rolled up a big spliff" you have to say :"oggi mi SONO fatto un grosso spinello , thath becouse the verb ''HO'' that belong to the verb 'To have'
its wrong , in fact you gotta use the verb 'to be'
hope i was clear!
see ya!

spicecowboy

Hello Anti-Babylon!

Nice that you stop by.

Mi SONO fatto...

Of course this was a big mistake.

But hey- I´m a bloody beginner...

So, I´ll better delete the "mister know it all" stuff from my first thread.

Come on, all- let´s learn some Italian!

spice

Last edited:

spicecowboy

I pronomi riflessivi:

farsi uno spinello

Don´t know how to explain that in English, but at least I´ll try.

Please correct me if I´m wrong.

FARSI and other "SI words" have one thing in common.

When used, the Subjet and Object(are those the right english terms?) refer to the same person.

In Englisch it´s different:

"I make".

in German too:

"Ich mache"

U yeah, and something is fishy about my signature.

I wrote it down from listening Jovanotti´s Album "1994", and of course I know what it means, but something is wrong for sure....

spice,

tired, stoned, but nonetheless ready to learn somehting...

Last edited:

spicecowboy

Hello Anti-Babylon!

Nice that you stop by.

Mi SONO fatto...

Of course this was a big mistake.

But hey- I´m a bloody beginner...

So, I´ll better delete the "mister know it all" stuff from my first thread.

Come on, all- let´s learn some Italino!

spice

Last edited:
G

anti-babylon said:
ei spice nice you are studing italian language!
but for sayng : "Taday I rolled up a big spliff" you have to say :"oggi mi SONO fatto un grosso spinello , thath becouse the verb ''HO'' that belong to the verb 'To have'
its wrong , in fact you gotta use the verb 'to be'
hope i was clear!
see ya!

hey spice what's up? i enjoy the italian language as well...

the phrase 'mi sono fatto un grosso spinello' is not correct if u want to convey 'i rolled up a big spliff'...avere is definitely used in conjunction with fatto, the past participle of fare, the verb meaning 'to make or to do', largely equivalent to faire in french...the only time essere is used to modify fatto is when u want to say ur 'fucked up' or something is 'fucked'; sono fatto means 'i'm fucked up' - ho fatto means 'i did....' or 'i made...'. i would say the phrase above translates more into something like 'today i got fucked up off a fat spliff'...Ho fatto un spinello would translate to 'i rolled a spliff'...

Last edited:
ei spacecowboy your going too far!!the only things that i now of english i have learned hearing it from my mother so i cannnt help you with grammatical sentence!

G

i tell you this much
scusa mio escribo en englese

if you want to learn the language you have to be in the country. you can read the books all you want but let me tell you from experience. it easier to learn when you are imursed in the culture in the country. its kinda like the first time i went to my zia s they only speak barese dialect. so coming from a book or class wouldnt help much, as its general italian. now people will still understand you en roma,firenze,milano, en bari nope en napoli cosi cosi.

but as an italian who lives in america.. you see the differences. after being in italy for a while..

so you wanna learn the true language go to italy for a few months.. unless your an american citizen then you can only be there 90 days.. thank fully i live in america but am an italian citizen. so i can come and go as i please...oh its also nice when you can practice speaking with someone as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts