What's new

Issue with the bubbler...

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Huh, I'm surprised nobody has suggested this. Just block one hole (The bowl most likely), blow into one hole (the part where you normally inhale I'd assume) and get the bud to pop through the carb. Since it's been sitting in water for who knows how long it's gotta be pretty saturated, which means you should be able to get it to block the carb and then pop out via air pressure. I dunno though, give it a shot if you want.

...unless the inhale hole is bigger than the carb. Good luck!

NOKUY

Veteran
story.jpg

Smokin' Chopper said:
I'm curious about these blown glass triangles. Never seen or even heard of them. If they work like I'm imagining, I'd probably prefer using those than a screen anyway since I don't like the metal taste.....

Funny, I work with metal in the shop all the time and still never really acquired the taste for it. :muahaha:

Got a pic of these triangles by chance? I can stop by Pipeline this weekend and check them out, do I just call them triangles, or do they go by a more technical name? I typically let the wife deal with salesmen since I don't seem to speak "dude" with any kind of fluency.

from: http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onl..._Gauzes&iProductCategoryID=853&iLastCatID=151
bong_accessories_glass_gauzes_star_small.jpg

bong_accessories_glass_gauzes_star_secondary.jpg

I just call them glass filters or glass screens. Very nifty lil invention.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Smokin' Chopper said:
The short answer is:

That's what gives ambidexterious people the ability to use both hands in the first place. We don't have a dominant eye. Thus accuracy isn't affected right or left. (Whichever eye aligns its target first takes precedence. Easier than it sounds if you're born this way. And happens in milliseconds.)

Its true a person can be taught ambidexterity, but that's more of a left/right brain function and there's no beating that dominant eye. But if you don't have a dominant eye to begin with, there's essentially no "gate" to swing right or left for brainwaves to pass and the brain is utilized equally.

SC

Pretty interesting considering everyone else on the planet is born with left/right dominance. Does your brain only contain one hemi-sphere? I would be more than interested to read up on articles of people that are true tested eye dominant neutral but I cant find any.

http://www.causeof.org/dominance.htm

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
A friend of mine was reading Mein Kampf (which he checked out from the school library) in school for a report he was supposed to do, when a teacher saw him. This teacher (a history teacher no less!!!) tried to get him kicked out of school for it. He got to stay.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Thats why the smart teacher always carries a copy of 'The Catcher in the Rye' in his sock for a plant.

G

Smokin' Chopper said:
LOL, hiel Hitler and pass the bong! (Just kidding folks, no need to get all bent out of shape. We're all relatively sane hominids around here.)

I'm curious about these blown glass triangles. Never seen or even heard of them. If they work like I'm imagining, I'd probably prefer using those than a screen anyway since I don't like the metal taste.....

Funny, I work with metal in the shop all the time and still never really acquired the taste for it. :muahaha:

Got a pic of these triangles by chance? I can stop by Pipeline this weekend and check them out, do I just call them triangles, or do they go by a more technical name? I typically let the wife deal with salesmen since I don't seem to speak "dude" with any kind of fluency.

Thanks again everyone.

SC

they're called glass screens. and they're not all triangles, they come in many different shapes and sizes, but if you just ask the guy at the headshop for a glass screen he'll know what you're talking about

Verite said:
Pretty interesting considering everyone else on the planet is born with left/right dominance. Does your brain only contain one hemi-sphere? I would be more than interested to read up on articles of people that are true tested eye dominant neutral but I cant find any.

http://www.causeof.org/dominance.htm

Never tried to research it myself, just followed what a doc told me and prooved true. The whole ambidexterity thing used to get me in trouble way back in grade school because I have two completely different hand writing styles. Teachers often thought I was having someone else do my work until they saw me switch hands while writing. Same sort of thing occurs with artwork, only you can use left brain techniques with either hand. Can't explain the alchemic style of shorthand writing though. But now we've strayed way off subject... if I happen across anything with the eye dominance I'll pass it your way. Thanks again.

And thanks again to all the help from everyone. Great advice, you guys rock as usual. :wave:

SC

BrainBoy

I've heard them called glass jacks too! I've only fired a coupe of handguns in my life at a shooting range sure is fun though.