What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Isopropyl/water spray?????

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
cut off the buds and put them in a ziplock and put it in the freezer, I would much rather have freezer cured weed than sprayed weed
Tomorrow will give 12 minutes UVC for third time, then trim and freeze. I checked after 2nd UVC treatment and saw nothing alive. Had dropped room to 35% humidity so they were starving anyway. UVC is supposed to work best on eggs.

troutman

Seed Whore
Just check my worm bins and they're loaded with predatory mites that I dumped last year.
They wiped out the springtails that were in the bins. Need to scoop some castings that are
crawling with them to add to my new grow.

Gaeolaelaps gillespiei are ones I purchased. It is an excellent soil predator.

In side by side comparisons it is about 50% more effective at Fungus Gnat suppression than Hypoaspis miles. A predatory mite that lives in the soil and feeds on all stages of Fungus Gnats, Western Flower Thrips pupae, Shore Flies, and Root Aphids. For lack of food, it becomes a detritivore and feeds on algae and plant debris.

If you get some and have a worm bin I recommend you dump at least 1/4 of them
in there to have a backup culture later on. Now I probably have mites for life. lol

moose eater

Just check my worm bins and they're loaded with predatory mites that I dumped last year.
They wiped out the springtails that were in the bins. Need to scoop some castings that are
crawling with them to add to my new grow.

Gaeolaelaps gillespiei are ones I purchased. It is an excellent soil predator.

In side by side comparisons it is about 50% more effective at Fungus Gnat suppression than Hypoaspis miles. A predatory mite that lives in the soil and feeds on all stages of Fungus Gnats, Western Flower Thrips pupae, Shore Flies, and Root Aphids. For lack of food, it becomes a detritivore and feeds on algae and plant debris
You've seen them take out root aphids first-hand?

I battled root aphids a couple years ago in my youngest son's grapefruit tree in the living room, and they were super-bugs. Seemed indestructable. Wearing capes with large 'S's on them and stuff.<exaggeration.. a bit>

Ended up tossing the tree and pot out into -30 f and let the natural elements kill them, but before that I'd tried organics, chemicals, etc., to no avail. The TRUE borg!!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I grow indoors in coco, so no worms or dirt. In coco it is about $60 for predatory mites and all dead in 2 weeks. They miss one spider mite and another ruined crop. Will trim all bud tomorrow, crank up heat in flower room and use UVC light moving each time. Only needs 15 minute treatments. Should kill all mites and mold. Read for mold it is best used in dark room. Mold is supposed to drop UV defense when dark.

troutman

Seed Whore
I recently obtained a GermGuardian GG3000BCA Portable Tabletop UVC Air Purifier
and set it in my grow room outside my tent where the air gets vented. It has a UVC bulb
instead of a filter.

UV-C light technology works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce airborne bacteria, viruses
and mold spores in a chemical-free way. No filters to clean or replace. Modern table top
design with 2 fan speeds.

I sleep better knowing the air is being cleaned as well. :)

Three Berries

Does anyone know if 50/50 iso spray could use a little soap as an emulsifier?? Thought it might help disperse.
A couple drops of dish soap to a liter will really help reduce the surface tension of the water. This depends on what's dissolved in the water. But it will make the water spread out instead of bead up.

linde

Hang a No pest strip for 3 days and be done with it. Store in zip lock for future use. Works every time.