What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ISO a new strain to grow

Tentme

I'm getting back in the game after 4 years off. Helping a friend get set up and such while I get my location figured out.

Had some seeds saved - BOG sourbubble, th seeds a-train and soma nycd but when my house was broken into they got stolen along with 7k worth of personal items, tv, coins,money, etc.

Now there are new strains but I don't know what's real. Wanted GSC by cali connection but was told not real, want gg4 but no clue where to buy but their website which isn't selling yet, wanted BOG sourbubble again but SB is out. I really am planning on a scrog again so something that would work (sourbubble was tough). I was running a selected pheno from Rez sourD x pre98bubblegum x og kush fire clone which was great, but lost that when we moved 1500 miles.

Love the kushes, CC also has Tahoe og but I'm worried it's real. Right now we are going off 3 bag seed Tahoe and an 'og' which is 4" tall and flowering lol. I'm starting the process of reverting it back.

Help! And my mentor I can't seem to find on any forums anymore. I'm a lost sheep lol

Tentme

The biker kush looks good. Have you grown any of them? Any you recommend?

The dominator x biker kush sounds good. I like the stretch to fill the screen.

Happy Times

Heard good things about Deadhead OG from Cali Connection

And how about Rare Dankness also if you dig da Kush?

Tentme

I was checking out some of theirs but haven't heard from anyone who's grown it though.

I found BOGs seed info on his instagram.

We love the kush here lol.

Robney

If you love OG kush, not just regular kush (like bubba, purple, afghani), I would highly recommend Rare Dankness. Seems like you can't really go wrong with any of their offerings, especially their OGs. I'm also gonna second gorilla bubble though I haven't smoked on it, but all the pics in the thread look fire. People love Karma, so I think that's a solid choice too. I'd buy some Karma if I were gonna grab anything right now. Though I am gonna say, you might wanna stay away from GSC and the crosses. While the GSC is some really nice smoke, I wouldn't say the high translates in all the crosses and tends to bring down yields considerably. Best of luck!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GG#4 is the most passed cut on earth. If it's not then it's gotta be in second place. Hang out & you'll eventually get it in your hands as long as ya want it.

Glad you found BOG.
As for OGs, I'll throw Relentless name in the mix.
There are a few breeders making GSC S1s. CSG comes to mind but I don't think the pj is complete yet.

Happy Times

If you love OG kush, not just regular kush (like bubba, purple, afghani), I would highly recommend Rare Dankness. Seems like you can't really go wrong with any of their offerings, especially their OGs. I'm also gonna second gorilla bubble though I haven't smoked on it, but all the pics in the thread look fire. People love Karma, so I think that's a solid choice too. I'd buy some Karma if I were gonna grab anything right now. Though I am gonna say, you might wanna stay away from GSC and the crosses. While the GSC is some really nice smoke, I wouldn't say the high translates in all the crosses and tends to bring down yields considerably. Best of luck!

Re: Karma, I enjoyed this thread lately

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=297896&page=26

Tentme

I love the links and great info. Lots of reading for me which is great!

Hopefully I find the gg4 at some point but that gorilla bubble looks interiguing.

On a side note. That little kush that was flowering and changing colors at 4" is repotted in some roots organic soil and is being revenges. I've never revegged but 2 weeks in it has 6 veg leaves on top of the bud it was growing. Do we just ignore the old part or trim it off somehow?

Robney

Personally I just ignore it in a reveg, unless you have high humidity, then I'd chop the remaining bud off. Best of luck in your search for gg4! Also if you're dead set on GSC, Chimera has a S1 that is supposed to be the closest you can get to the cut, some say it yields more than the original cut too. Though I'll say if you're looking for OG/sour diesel flavors you can't go wrong with Rare Dankness's Rugburn or Reserva Privada Sour Kush

Happy Times - that thread certainly tempts me, and I'd run the Karma OG in a second, but I don't think I'll have any packs in my hands any time soon. Plus I've got some ogs from Rare Dankness to sort through, and from what I've seen so far, it's gonna be a good time sorting!

Happy Times

Happy Times - that thread certainly tempts me, and I'd run the Karma OG in a second, but I don't think I'll have any packs in my hands any time soon. Plus I've got some ogs from Rare Dankness to sort through, and from what I've seen so far, it's gonna be a good time sorting!

I bet you will have a blast evaluating and comparing! I'm pretty curious about the Scott's OG, being that it's the namesake strain coming from a company/breeder that has quite the OG-related collection.

Not OG, but I got lucky enough to run a cut of moonshine haze last summer outside. I was way far from dialed with this lady and probably let her go way too long but she had a lovely aroma of spice that lingered a long time after a bud touch. Had a little vape last night and it left a nice minty aftertaste.

Robney

I bet you will have a blast evaluating and comparing! I'm pretty curious about the Scott's OG, being that it's the namesake strain coming from a company/breeder that has quite the OG-related collection.

Not OG, but I got lucky enough to run a cut of moonshine haze last summer outside. I was way far from dialed with this lady and probably let her go way too long but she had a lovely aroma of spice that lingered a long time after a bud touch. Had a little vape last night and it left a nice minty aftertaste.

I am having a blast! The starkiller and rugburn are top notch! Popped some more rugburn as I'm looking for a particular pheno I smoked on last year, very excellent sour flavor. I smoked on the cornbread, tangerine kush, and commerce city kush this week, they are all really nice with good highs (well I wasn't a huge fan of the tangerine kush but others seemed to like it), but the grower didn't dry it proper so flavor was lacking. I wish I grabbed a pack of scott's, I bet it's fire, but I heard she doesn't clone well so I avoided it. Though to be honest, if I find the pheno of rugurn I'm looking for, and it's as strong as the past couple rugburn I've pulled, I probably won't be looking for anything for a while.

I mean if it's haze can you really leave it too long??? just kidding, I bet it was fire though! I've heard really good things and the photos I've seen show pretty particular calyx structure, and I'd love to run it sometime!

Robney

wish we had a place to trade/buy seeds from old genetics....like all the stuff from late 90's early 2000's

I think if you really look around you can find what you're looking for. Lots of companies work with old stock, or have been doing so, shit Brother's Grimm just came out again with mostly old strains of theirs. Though I wish I could get some federation gear! What are you looking for?

Happy Times

I am having a blast! The starkiller and rugburn are top notch! Popped some more rugburn as I'm looking for a particular pheno I smoked on last year, very excellent sour flavor. I smoked on the cornbread, tangerine kush, and commerce city kush this week, they are all really nice with good highs (well I wasn't a huge fan of the tangerine kush but others seemed to like it), but the grower didn't dry it proper so flavor was lacking. I wish I grabbed a pack of scott's, I bet it's fire, but I heard she doesn't clone well so I avoided it. Though to be honest, if I find the pheno of rugurn I'm looking for, and it's as strong as the past couple rugburn I've pulled, I probably won't be looking for anything for a while.

I mean if it's haze can you really leave it too long??? just kidding, I bet it was fire though! I've heard really good things and the photos I've seen show pretty particular calyx structure, and I'd love to run it sometime!

Good to know about the Scott's being tough to clone, I hadn't heard that. It sure makes life easier when a strain is easy to clone. Good luck with finding that rugburn you are looking for, sounds like a nice one. Have you found the other strains you mentioned clone reasonably well? (Rugburn, star killer, etc...)

Lol on the haze- right!?! I kept checking the trichs under a scope waiting to get about half amber and they never got there even by mid December, although leaves were browning up and falling off like crazy and she looked like she was drying up all on her own. I even started taking her into the garage at night so she wouldn't freeze but eventually she looked shriveled up enough that I just ended up chopping her with a little encouragement from a buddy that she had probably gone far enough. I think terps were probably a bit faded from letting her go this far and she might have been a bit more pungent if I took her a few weeks earlier. She was a little tricky, wish I could get a few more runs to dial her in, some nice genetics in that moonshine haze.

Robney

Good to know about the Scott's being tough to clone, I hadn't heard that. It sure makes life easier when a strain is easy to clone. Good luck with finding that rugburn you are looking for, sounds like a nice one. Have you found the other strains you mentioned clone reasonably well? (Rugburn, star killer, etc...)

Lol on the haze- right!?! I kept checking the trichs under a scope waiting to get about half amber and they never got there even by mid December, although leaves were browning up and falling off like crazy and she looked like she was drying up all on her own. I even started taking her into the garage at night so she wouldn't freeze but eventually she looked shriveled up enough that I just ended up chopping her with a little encouragement from a buddy that she had probably gone far enough. I think terps were probably a bit faded from letting her go this far and she might have been a bit more pungent if I took her a few weeks earlier. She was a little tricky, wish I could get a few more runs to dial her in, some nice genetics in that moonshine haze.

Hahahha sometimes plants just want to die, I had a haze do that on me too.I'm very impressed by all the rare dankness gear I've seen. Would love to try the moonshine haze as I've been lucky enough to smoke a few of the ogs. Rugburn and starkiller both clone easily, no problems with either! But for the record, I haven't grown scott's, that was what I read on a forum, and it sounds like enough people have keeper phenos that they manage to keep around, so it probably isn't too difficult, maybe just requires a healthy mom.

Anyone here growing Scott's OG?? Is it easy or difficult to clone???

Edit: another user said their Scott's OG has been very easy to clone, so I think I was wrong!!! Guess I know whats going on the next bean list!

Last edited: