What's new

Island Sweet Skunk

whodi

Veteran
Anyone know the genetic makeup of this strain? It's from Federation Seeds. Any info on this strain is appreciated.

-Whodi

And a very dank skunk at that. If your looking for a nice fruity tasting, balanced high strain with good med qualities I would really suggest ISS.

Snype

Veteran
According to "The Big Book of Buds", Island Sweet Skunk came to Federation by way of expat Vietnam veterans who settled on Vancouver Island in western Canada. The parent is a 1970's California Skunk #1 strain which was referred to as "Sweet Skunk." Stabilized outdoors.

There is a My Gallery box under the reply and your pics will be there and you just click on the one/ones you want in your post.

Snype

Veteran
I can't wait to post them. I'm getting rid of the Big Bud in a couple weeks. I got the Shiva Skunk to take her place, just testing it out now and keeping the NL pheno. I like it a lot more than the Big Bud and I lost my Shiva that I had for 10 years last summer when one of my 40 gallon resivoirs cracked and flooded the downstairs neighbor and had to leave that place. Can't wait to get it back!

That sucks about the reservoirs and losing the mom. Must have been a little scary too.
Hope the Shiva Skunk turns out good for ya.

whodi

Veteran
SO anyone know what the smell/taste .. bag appeal is like?.. is it mold resistant; yield well?

scaramanga

It's federation's seed version of Spice of Life's(breeder Steve) sweet skunk; which itself is reputed to be the BC grapefruit clone by a nl/haze. The "sweet skunk" is actually a specific clone that Steve ran in 1994, and is still floating around the BC area.

Legends seeds has s1's of the original clone; direct from Steve.