What's new

is this true 100% females

G

dont quote me on this i read it some where else and figure i'd come ask the pro's what they think?

bigmacbuds:

Your Own Female Seeds, Easy as 1... 2... 3....

That being said femenized seeds are easy to make and you can do it while keeping your buds to smoke.

This method is made easiest if you have both a veg and flower cab so once you harvest your buds you have vegged plants to start flowering right away.

1. let your FEMALES of your desired genetics grow out about 10-20 days past harvest time, they should then stress out and start producing male flowers.

2. before the flowers open up and spread the pollen, harvest the plants carfully, and let them dry.

3. seperate the hermaphidite flowers from the buds. smoke a joint of the buds and put the flowers in a ziplock bag and stick it in the fridge. the pollen in the flowers will be good for about 2 months.

4. once your next set of females are 2 1/2 to 3 weeks into flower..... take a watercolour brush and paint the pollen onto the female buds.... you can paint the whole plaint or just the bottom and keep the top have for smoking. the resulting seeds will be 100% females.

okay so its as easy as 1 2 3 4.... but what u want from me. you can use the same genetics with both the plants for the same strain.... or you could cross bread your own strain. either way youll have 100% female seeds to do what ever you want with.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

just curious cause that being said if you happened to get a clone and sucked at cloning wouldn't that keep you with F1 seeds? or hell if you got sick of that stain over the years and you had some them seed saved you could always bring it back.

what you guys think?

It depends on the genetics.

If both parents are of the same true-breeding strain, you'll get seeds that exhibit those same true breeding traits.

If the parents are hybrids, you'll get seeds which exhibit a random mixture of each of the hybrid's parents characteristics.

EDIT: "both parents" can mean pollen from the same plant it's crossed with, "selfed". That is how most plants reproduce - most plant species are hermaphrodites (monoecious).

Last edited:
G

so lets say i pulled a clone off the same plant"mom". and then put it into the veg room for 4 weeks. and during that time i got the mom to hermi all id have to do is pull the flowers and keep em say in th frig. until i throw the clone into the flowering room. then place the pollen on the female plant at any time? or when would i do it. and it would have to be on the flowering buds also right.

and another question would the mom that hermied if it produced seeds would it be 100% female seeds or only when i cross the pollen with the matured clone.

If your goal is to cross a plant with itself, it doesn't matter when you'd do it - pollen from a hermied mom is going to be the same thing as pollen from the mom's clone. The mother and her clones are genetically identical.

I wouldn't expect allowing a plant to go a few weeks after harvest to always produce male flowers. Someone else would be able to explain the most reliable way, but it seems people here most often report getting unwanted male flowers as a result of screwing up the light cycle.

G

i didnt realized there was alot of topic on this so now im just going to read up on it once again thanks

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have ran a POG clone for over three years and am very familiar with it.
Letting it run late often produces 10 - 15 viable seeds in the lower popcorn if left on.
Pollen has not affected other plants in the room and its often just one tiny hidden flower in one bud.

Only problem is a higher chance of hermies than the original clone but only if you go later than normal so not really a problem , just strip of the popcorn .

The plants from these seeds are mostly uniform copies of the mother which is a sativa leaning pheno with a bit of variation like the sativa side from the original large selection and they are free.
DP ,s femmed powerplant produced a bisexual freakshow and they charge good money for that shite.

Seems a good way of backing up a clone or getting lots of femmed for an outdoor seeding.

Latest posts

Latest posts