What's new

Is this OK to smoke ?

Gry

Veteran
Cannabis has long been known to be an be one of the most effective bio accumulators known.
Seeing it grow beside a drive way, and hearing the soil was loaded with old auto debris,
would be enough for to me to cull the grow.
I already have a compromised immune system, and I may be over cautious as a result.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Can someone clue me in as to what the problem is? I don't see any brown. The purpling seems normal for a lot of strains. Especially cool nights.

DONT CUT THE PURPLE BUDS OFF.

My thoughts exactly.

It doesn't look suitable for the location. I see it's a 10 week haze, listed indoor/outdoor. Anything listed for both, generally means outdoor where it still feels like it's indoors. Spain for example. You may get some very dark coloured buds, about as big as your thumb. Which will be novel. Some Danish outdoor stock might do you better though.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alfalfa meal is the cleanest organic. Any more, blood/bone meal could be from rendering facilities of sick animals. Best quality feed = best quality smoke. MG is horrible. Good luck!

PCBuds

My backyard has some "junk" buried in it and I did bury a railway tie about 3' away from my
plants but I'm just going to grow it out and smoke it.

I used to play with liquid mercury when I was a kid and hold lead pellets and solder in my mouth.

I doubt it will be these plants that kill me.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
My backyard has some "junk" buried in it and I did bury a railway tie about 3' away from my
plants but I'm just going to grow it out and smoke it.

I used to play with liquid mercury when I was a kid and hold lead pellets and solder in my mouth.

I doubt it will be these plants that kill me.

Yeah, nihilism is awesome (eye roll)

Nihilism is the worst disease Mankind has ever seen.

'Boogieman'

I'm at 43° N and grow outdoors every year. It's cold in October and practically all my plants turn purple and shades of red. Phytoplasma is different it's a disease spread by bugs. I really suggest people look into it because this disease is spreading like crazy.

troutman

Seed Whore
I got some plants showing purple now and they have Pakistani genetics in them.
Cold weather also affect some plants and causes purple. Don't worry about it.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
According to religion we only live since 6000 years.They don't mention any Dinosaurs.Was not suitable for the script.

Very nice plants and that purple is just a normal trait you see in other varieties too.
Your soil is not suitable to grow Cannabis or food crops if it is contaminated.Lead and mercury can damage your nerve system really bad.Like some already wrote let your buds test in a lab.
If you gonna smoke it lead content should be < 0.5 ppm
Mercury < 0.05 ppm
As eatable lead < 3 ppm
Mercury 0.1 ppm
Arsenic and Cadmium around 0.1 ppm

Soil can also be contaminated with PAHs and max for that should be 3 ppb.

'Boogieman'

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355016

Look into this thread ^

Anybody who has never dealt with phytoplasma will tell you it's from cold weather. Anybody who has dealt with phytoplasma will pray for you because it looks like it for sure. I'm not sayin cut it just educate yourself on phytoplasma disease. Usually the whole plant will change colors if it's from cold weather, can you show a pick of the purple branch compared to the rest of the plant?

PCBuds

I took some pictures of the purple buds.

They don't seem abnormal to me other than the color.

The new growth is turning back to green.

PCBuds

Here are some pics of a bud under the microscope.

The trichs appear normal to me it's just the leaves that are purple.

PCBuds

This is one of the branches that looks normal.

I noticed that all the normal looking branches we're getting the most sun.
It's the branches at the bottom and at the back that are different degrees of purple.

The plant doesn't look diseased to me and I'm kinda leaning towards thinking it's a strain trait thing.
I did forget to put the lime in the soil so it's got no calcium or magnesium which I'm gathering can lead to purpling as well.

I'm going to do more research on that disease and try to find some pictures to compare to.

I'm thinking I'm going to dig in around the root balls a bit and water in some garden lime.

All the branches and buds that are purple have been that way for months and it doesn't appear to be spreading.

I'm going to take my time and try to figure out exactly what's going on but I am willing to cut off all the purple buds and branches if need be but I don't want to kill a plant that is just naturally purple.

As far as the polluted soil goes, I was just guessing and thought maybe contamination caused the purpling.
I think my soil is OK and I'm not going to bother getting the plants tested. I would just kill the plants instead, especially if the testing is too involved and expensive.

'Boogieman'

This is one of the branches that looks normal.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/h4kPqcyR/20190910-145412.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/kM6XZByy/20190910-145418.jpg]View Image[/url]

I noticed that all the normal looking branches we're getting the most sun.
It's the branches at the bottom and at the back that are different degrees of purple.

The plant doesn't look diseased to me and I'm kinda leaning towards thinking it's a strain trait thing.
I did forget to put the lime in the soil so it's got no calcium or magnesium which I'm gathering can lead to purpling as well.

I'm going to do more research on that disease and try to find some pictures to compare to.

I'm thinking I'm going to dig in around the root balls a bit and water in some garden lime.

All the branches and buds that are purple have been that way for months and it doesn't appear to be spreading.

I'm going to take my time and try to figure out exactly what's going on but I am willing to cut off all the purple buds and branches if need be but I don't want to kill a plant that is just naturally purple.

As far as the polluted soil goes, I was just guessing and thought maybe contamination caused the purpling.
I think my soil is OK and I'm not going to bother getting the plants tested. I would just kill the plants instead, especially if the testing is too involved and expensive.

I dealt with leaf curling, branches dying, and pm bad in the infected areas, yours may be genetics. Did the purpling come out in the hotter months? Always go with your gut feeling.

I grow in a place that was once a landfill, now a briar patch. I never got sick from smoking my weed.

PCBuds

As far as I can remember, it was there almost from the start after I transplanted them outside in late May.
I started them indoors on April 1st.

Latest posts

Latest posts