What's new

is this efficient or stupid?

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About ten years back got a call from a mate on a sunday morning , he lived in a flat above a pizza takeaway and said you have to come and see this.
Could smell weed a hundred yards away downwind in a town centre , turns out they were fast drying a large commercial crop in the rotateing grills on a low heat , filters not working very well.

The bud was on sale next day , pale brown with a hard dry outer skin over a damp interior , felt good and dense at first but hard to crumble and dried out properly to a much lower weight , could have been done for speed or to make more profit from selling water.

Poor taste and a bit harsh on the throat , still quite potent but impossible to say what it was before being ruined.

At least it was not glassed or brixed , and better than anything available at street level today from what i see.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
hell no ,maybe for a small sample

Yep, or even microwave a couple buds in ten second spurts for a potency sample, but it will make you cough like a mofo and won't taste very good.

I've had good success using a big commercial food dehydrator to quick dry buds. The trick is to use them to remove the first 80% or so of the water (basically just a fan, no heat) after that put them into a tub or whatever to cure and burp 2X daily. Turns out just fine, it's all about the curing.

I bake my alcohol hash/oil at 200*F to decarboxylyze the THCA into THC and purge out any residual solvents. It works well and makes amazingly potent stuff, I give it to a medical dispensary that bakes it into edibles. Since they started using my oil their edibles get RAVE reviews.

darko_G

i do it on a tester bud that i pull the day before i start flushing, jus to get a feel for how long i gotta flush ect ect. but i put it in the oven wrapped in tinfoil very loosely then put the fan on in the oven with no temp.. i guess it sits at about 40-50 degrees. i will get a digi thermo and fins out for yall..... bud is harsh and v poorly dried. but is a tester non the less deffo wouldnt try rush dry my crop though whats the point in wasting all your hard work

i saw a method about using a microwave and a cup of water on this site a while ago. maybe look into that

NRC

Here are my findings

My mate has a rice cooker (metal teflon coated pot with glass lid with a 4mm hole in it) it heats to about 110 degrees C then shuts off. He puts 1 paper towel on the bottom and fills the pot with buds. When the cooker heats, condensation forms on the glass lid (this is ONLY the water evaporating off.

Buds lose 45% of their weight using this method, their trichs shrink and they lose their smell. Once smoked there is minimal ash and the after smoke smells more so than normal weed.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
let your damn weed dry naturally...

quick drying is no good...

good if your trying to turn a quick buck, but bad if you are trying to keep the quick bucks constant...

ethical? nah...

I've thrown an ounce or two in the dehydrator....didn't seem to make a big difference compared to the regularly dried bud. Although, mine is organic and flushed/metabolized and doesn't need a cure to be dank so YMMV.

Sometimes it's hard to wait the week for dried bud so if you have a good bit I'd recommend a dehydrator. I wouldn't put a whole crop in one....

If you decide to do it, don't leave it in until it's crispy. Dry for a bit and then jar it up to let the moisture rehydrate the drier areas. Check it and throw it back in for a bit if it needs it. Keep doing it until it's to your liking and enjoy.