What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is this a ph issue??

G

Guest1298

hi there folks here is some update pics of these plants and to me they are getting worse and i dont no what i have done wrong in this grow!! because these plants are clones from my last plant and it yeilded good..i have feed them 2 level tsp of epson salts
in 10ltrs of water..and today they where feed 10ml of bio grow
& 50ml of bio bloom to 10ltrs of water with an ec1.2 did they lose
the leaf colour due to me not feeding them correct and could somebody recomend a better soil feed thanx in advance Dank

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
hi. looking at the first pics and how the plants are progressing it seems that you just need to feed more. im guessing the flowers just started a week or 2 ago? when did the flowers start? 4 weeks ago? you say you are in week 4 flower, is that from when the plants started showing flowers or from when you flipped 12/12?

im not sure what nutes you're using or what the bottle says, but you said before you were giving 1ml nutes per liter of water? isn't that a lot? a liter is roughly a quart right? so you would be feeding 4ml per gallon of water? what does the label say you should feed for mature plants?

its looking like you just need to up the dosage of nutrients. but before you do please tell me again your pH and what the directions on the bottle say and how long it has been since they started showing flowers.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
This is why we don't put 600 watt high intensity discharge lights 13 inches from the plant. Even though it doesn't seem to hot when you hold yer hand there. It takes alil time, but it will slowly bleach the color right out of it.

I have no idea why you gave em epsom salt? A magnesium deficiency affects the lower and older leaves first. The leaf will yellow but the veins will stay green.

If a plant needs nutrients the bottom and older leaves will start fading first.

Perhaps you could take a picture of the bottom halfs of these plants for learning purposes? Although I've burnt enough plants in my time to know what Im looking at, many others can learn from this in the future. BC

G

Guest1298

hi B.C thanx for the info i am making mistakes because i am a noob at growing but with the info i am getting here at icmag
i wont make the same mistake twice.i made the mistake of joining
another forum & they told me to feed epson salts..as thats what the plants neede..do you reckon the 660watts should be about
24ins away from tops of plants..i trimmed most of the bottom
branches off but the leafs on the bottom of the plant are healthy
and are a darker green thanx for this post dank

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
im afraid im not familiar with this all mix, but im going to go ahead and assume it is peat based like most mixes. im also not familiar with this line of nutes. but judging by the feeding schedule it is made to be used in conjunction with this allmix. one must come with ferts in it and the other doesn't.

whichever one you are using i would bump up the dose of the grow nutes a little. like 50%. 1.5ml per liter. or 15ml per liter of grow instead of the 10ml they recommend on the label. i would also stop adding extra epsom salt. there should be enough magnesium in your nutes and that soil and your water combined that you don't need to add extra epsom salt. that aside everything else looks fine.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

3 gallons that looks questionable those gals are pretty decent like that man hash told us. But Idk....next time try putting them in 5 gallon containers..now you ought to probably ride it out.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you are having trouble keeping your ph balanced you may need more humaric acid. It helps plant's roots regulate ph.

I am dwc though. all these soil guys maybe able to guide you better on that

G

Guest1298

i have just bought a bluelab ph pen so my ph should be fine now!! and i have a ec bluelab trunchion too so happy days i hope

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
hi B.C thanx for the info i am making mistakes because i am a noob at growing but with the info i am getting here at icmag
i wont make the same mistake twice.i made the mistake of joining
another forum & they told me to feed epson salts..as thats what the plants neede..do you reckon the 660watts should be about
24ins away from tops of plants..i trimmed most of the bottom
branches off but the leafs on the bottom of the plant are healthy
and are a darker green thanx for this post dank

Yup its usually people that don't have a fuckin clue whats wrong that will tell ya "you have PH problems" or "You have a cal/mag defiencey" but they cant tell ya the tell tale signs of it. Therey're jus pokin in the dark, leaving a newbies head spinning!

Do yer self a favor and google humic acid and or humates and see what role they play in yer soil. You will see that with enough humates ( which means compost and worm castings) a plant can feed REGARDLESS of what the PH is! It acts like a big claw ( cheleating) attaching itself to ions and compounds of ions and pulls it all through the cell wall of the root. It allows a plant to feed on things it normally couldn't, regardless of PH.

There's a ton of info here for you to read and learn from. Fuck takin some jack-offs word for it, find out fer yer self!!! READ!-READ!-READ!

Seeing yer picture confirms my thoughts. The light was jus too close. 24 inches would be a good place to start, but there is no set rule for this kinda thing. Pick several leaves and keep yer eye on em, if it progresses, take it up alil more...

I wouldn't go crazy up-ing the nutes, bring em up slow. The farther you get into flower the less grow you should need. The plants feeding profile is changing and they will use more Phosphorous and Potasium and less Nitrogen. Remember, if a plant is hungry and needing more nutes, it yellows from the bottom and older leaves first. So jus watch for the tell tale signs and yul always know.

Btw, if ya learned somethin, it wasn't a mistake. ;) BC

G

Guest1298

Alright everyone here is an update of the cheese sorry about the hps light..there 4.5 weeks into 12/12...i was thinking of using house & gardens top booster at week 5 of 12/12 anyone no if is ok to use then...here is a pic of them so far...cheers Dank

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts