What's new

is there any substitute for Canna Nutrients that still offers that sweet, full flavour??

Cannamatrix

Why don’t you consider making your own? I do it for soil and the results are very satisfying…Unfortunately I only tried hydro once, so lack experience and savoir faire, but I am sure you can produce same results
I've honestly never tried...with a brain injury there are just so many factors I was prepared to pay for a pre mix. Funny thing is I do make my own for soil when I grow outside in the summer at the lake.....I had never thought of this and no idea what it would take as I would assume there would be no micro or macro nutrients I can count on being present.

Persianfarmer

I do not have enough experience in hydroponics but I am pretty certain that you will need Epsom Salt, Calcium nitrate and a liquid NPK solution…
I am sure one of our dear member will most probably have a recipe (if it was soil, I would have provided you with recipe such as super soil from Subcool for example)

Persianfarmer

Brother Canna i went surfing around and got a bit high on this amazing wet LA Amnesia (see how desperate I am)…and did not save the threads but there are amazing post on organic and organic hydro here…will try to get them again if not high…but do surf around you will love the info

Persianfarmer

Just to show i am not bluffing…am i so desperate ???But I can’t believe an oven dried weed can be so tasty and makes u fckn high😂😂😂

Attachments

• 70DD036F-C356-4072-90F3-DA439A4B138F.jpeg
    70DD036F-C356-4072-90F3-DA439A4B138F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57

Cannamatrix

I do not have enough experience in hydroponics but I am pretty certain that you will need Epsom Salt, Calcium nitrate and a liquid NPK solution…
I am sure one of our dear member will most probably have a recipe (if it was soil, I would have provided you with recipe such as super soil from Subcool for example)
Subcool was the man...RIP. His genetics rocked the house. Have his soil recipe as well as Ed Rosenthals...just nothing for hydro.

Cannamatrix

]@Cannamatrix[/USER] is adv. Hydro clean then? I'm sorry. I must be a bit slow.... I dont understand "is adv. hydro clean then?" was this a question about my grow....ie: is your grow clean? or did you mean something else...? "is adv." ...Is advice? I dont know what this means....so sorry.

420empire

Veteran
Advanced hydroponics is a brand of fertilizer , my q was if it was clean salts they use.
Cheers

weedemart

it might be , i never looked at it because it's at the bottom of my list. AN have an extremely bad reputation for making expensive product thats doesnt deserve attention. Comparing AN with Jack would be like comparing a T-bone with milk-bone. :D

general hydroponic is a solid contender to jacks. It's almost cleaner than jack.

canna substra vega all the way and you're good. canna is not that expensive if you dont overfeed. stay below 1.3ec and you should not go above 2-3ml/L and dont use their additive,

There is a lot of alternative to jacks if you want something clean but nothing compare with jacks if you speak about price/quality.

Last edited:

weedemart

Canna is pretty cheap to run, if you run just coco a&b with some cannazym it's like 15cents a gallon. Personally I run boost, pk13/14, rhizo after transplanting for a couple weeks.

15cents a gallon is... A LOT. I pay 2.9cent a US gallon(3.75L) and its better than canna.

mexweed

Veteran
Don't put all of your trust in those fertilizer databases, if you look up the same products on that Canadian one and the Washington State one some of the heavy metals results are different, for example Washington State lists masterblend as 16 ppm and the Canadian 4 ppm, that is a large magnitude of difference

It is likely that not every batch of minerals those companies use to make their nutrients consistently comes from the same source, it is also likely that those databases are not testing multiple batches of each companies' nutrients and may only perform tests once a year or every few years, in other words they are not producing consistent replicable results which nullifies the test's scientific validity

It is also important to consider the application rates which indoor weed growers use the products, generally growers are using them at a tsp or so per gallon of water, so the actual ppm of the heavy metals in the water that gets fed to the plant is far less than what is listed

Brother Nature

What is the different between a clean salt based fertilizer and one that isn't clean? How and why is Canna specifically better than other nutrient manufacturers?

It's always seemed odd to me that in the horticultural wold, there are many plants that are significantly harder to grow indoors and out, yet none of these have such a lucrative 'plant-specific' nutrient market as cannabis. If you want to find better alternatives, you should figure out what comprises these ferts, why, and how you can replicate that and produce things yourself, brands don't really mean anything unless you're in marketing.

Terppalooza

What is the different between a clean salt based fertilizer and one that isn't clean? How and why is Canna specifically better than other nutrient manufacturers?

It's always seemed odd to me that in the horticultural wold, there are many plants that are significantly harder to grow indoors and out, yet none of these have such a lucrative 'plant-specific' nutrient market as cannabis. If you want to find better alternatives, you should figure out what comprises these ferts, why, and how you can replicate that and produce things yourself, brands don't really mean anything unless you're in marketing.
I'm trying to make a website right now to make this easier. Where you can input cannas coco schedule for say flower phase. Get the NPK values and then make a (a&b)stock solution based off those NPK values. With whatever (cheeper) fertilizers you choose.

Cannamatrix

I don't know why Canna is better...I just know I tried over 15 brands in the beginning and never liked the taste of anything but the Canna grows. I'm very fussy on taste....I don't get high at all so the flavour is my only enjoyment from cannabis.

i.love.scotch

I've been using Canna for years now but the price is starting to be too much now that the cost of food and gas has skyrocketed. I've now tried three other nutrients only to find I hated the crop off so much I didn't smoke or vape ANY.

anyone reccomend another brand or line that has as good flavour but maybe not so pricey for hydroponics?
Very interesting. Can you help us out and tell us what specific Canna nute line and additives you are using and also the 3 others you tried? Might help narrow it down a bit

Cannamatrix

Very interesting. Can you help us out and tell us what specific Canna nute line and additives you are using and also the 3 others you tried? Might help narrow it down a bit
I sure can. I use Bio Canna for hydro...I use everything (though it seems a lot of members suggest not using them) I use it very weak...almost half what it calls to use.

I use Gaia Green (many additives as well as the dry veg formulation) for my outdoor (and soil mums) at the lake as well as dead fish and millfoil. On the farm (sadly) we use a lot of farmer type ferts as I dont have a lot of say out there. :( so that means green pellets that are high in nitrogen that he uses for his corn as well as my always hated Miracle grow. He loves that shit....

I have used the powdered six pack (my first grow), canna (my second and third), advanced nutrients my fourth...(hate the taste of this one the most), some dutch nutrients, Growtek and more recently Mills (from a sample from a European guy I met at the Lift Expo in Toronto) and rootfarm from Canadian Tire (which shockingly isn't terrible). I've tried way more than four but not always the entire line as I was always given samples from my local hydro shop when I was friendly with the owner.

Ive been growing for a lot of years but find that I dont like the taste of the finished product with a lot of nutes...the additive I hate the most is BRIX as it makes everything taste the same! what is the point of different strains if they are to taste the same???