What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is there a such thing as enjoying your job?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Many would say becoming adept at your position is the
path to an enriching career.

If your skills exceed your position, teach others your skill.

If your job sucks, keep it until you find a position you like.

Learn to avoid the pitfalls of a defeatist attitude, sometimes
a job just sucks.

Accept it and adapt because nobody likes a whiny bitch, lol

Good luck, and keep us posted, we're all counting on you.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the best job ever, my boss is amazing.....I have to wear lots of hats but it’s very rewarding and stressful at the same time. (Budtender) :D

coldcanna

Veteran
I have the best job ever, my boss is amazing.....I have to wear lots of hats but it’s very rewarding and stressful at the same time. (Budtender) :D

Yes! I've been wanting to get involved in the rec market but Maine keeps diddling on pushing through the legislation. We voted it legal a year ago and they haven't managed to pass a bill yet, fucking politicians. I digress ....

St. Phatty

When I was younger, some of the jobs I enjoyed the most were the lowest paid.

E.g. washing dishes at a fancy restaurant in Connecticut, smoking it up with my co-workers in the bathroom. In the early 70's ... oh sh.t we should have saved the seeds.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

If yer in with a good group of co-workers that you really like and have a good laugh with it makes any job do-able.:tiphat:

kaochiu

Veteran
I like the farm animals very much, cows, pigs, horses, sheep, chickens, dogs, etc, but they're very demanding. I need time in spring and summer to grow hay and grain, then the autumn harvest for fruits and vegs and packing the hay for winter.
Animals don't know sundays either, gotta feed them all daily, some twice or even more often for the newborn.
Then i also have to sell some of them, need to cover expenses and buy coffee and tobacco and other things, like clothes and electricity and essential social relations.
So I cannot answer the question if there's such a thing as enjoying your job 'cos i just don't even have time to look for a job.

Satyros

the happiest guy in my workplace is the dishwasher in the kitchen...he has the shittiest job but is always smiling and being upbeat...he tells me things could be worse...he could have my job....

Yeppers. I'll have to say, I always preferred working at "mom and pop" type places, but in recent years, I have struck out versus three different corporations.

Firstly, those jobs are not there for you to enjoy; the corporation only exists to fatten its bottom line, and whatever they say to employees or customers is basically a lie to try to make this happen.

But the first thing I did was dishwashing, and, looking back, it may have been the funnest. Nobody really bothers you, and you don't really have to deal with complicated situations. Sling out some glasses and silverware quick, and you're golden.

Spending 30% or more of your life to make someone else rich and you poor is not a very good deal. I suppose the "for profit" motive is something that should be tossed in the flames and replaced with something a little more humanistic.

I like what I do now. Goat tender. There is no corporation involved; there isn't even any money. I believe the future is more with the "gray sector" than it is with the "system".

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many hats are we talking about here?

There are a lot of symptoms that ppl are looking for relief from and asking the right questions really helps with getting the closest dosage they are looking for, every one reacts and tolerances are so different it makes it challenging to find what’s right for each individual.....

Then there’s ones that want to just unload on you and tell you all their problems

Stoners looking for the best high....

There are a lot of quirky stoners....it’s a very interesting job, never the same lol

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If yer in with a good group of co-workers that you really like and have a good laugh with it makes any job do-able.:tiphat:

I second this.

I've always been in high stress jobs.

I thrive on thrill.

Work hard, play hard.

All that being said, I would love to retire.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Growing and selling weed was mostly fun for the 30+ years I did it...OK trimming got a bit tedious but other than that..Yeehaw..I need to relocate and start over

coldcanna

Veteran
Growing and selling weed was mostly fun for the 30+ years I did it...OK trimming got a bit tedious but other than that..Yeehaw..I need to relocate and start over

I know from old threads you were in Maine at one point.... aint how it used to be, all that shit coming from out west, last 12 years I've seen the numbers on dank drop from 5k to low 2's.... starting to become a blue collar job these days when you factor in all the costs. but i would def agree it was a good long run and had a lot of fun

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i have had jobs i really enjoyed. some of them were the most physically demanding and/or lowest paying ones though. you never know what you got until it's gone & you miss it...:comfort: