What's new

Is there a better career in this world?

gingerale

Veteran
It certainly has its perks but it has a few drawbacks as well. The illegality being the biggest. It's also tough not being able to share my accomplishments with family and friends and after years of toiling away in the bowels of my basement it can get a bit lonely hiding one of the most significant things in my life. Ironically that is also part of the draw to this job.

^ This. Most dudes who are doing anything cool get to show it off to folks. We know where that road leads for us, so.....

whodare

Veteran
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. ~Albert Einstein

Every actual state is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Danks2005

An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. ~Albert Einstein

Every actual state is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is exactly how I feel. Saying that we should follow the law and work to change it, is like saying Rosa Parks should have sat her black ass in the back of the bus. She stood up for what she believed in, and so will I.

The unfortunate part is that I do not have the balls to lobby for legalization while growing.

Man it's been so tough getting where I'm at this minute. Last year all year long I was broke as fuck with zero disposable income, going hungry and shit, not going out or hanging out at all, just sittin at home watering that money tree. Been kinda like that for a few years actually, every since I left a six figure job to go it on my own.

Now I got my 3k mostly dialed pushing out 20+ o's of SSH every month, and as I tweak it gets better and better....still lots of room left for improvements. (Next up: Blumat....) Been sweating trying to get some sales set up and now things are starting to work out, just started an old friend on the street who's a legit hustlin mofo and moved a pound in the first month from scratch. (In the semi rural south, which has one of the shittiest weed markets ever.) Just got all my bills paid up and current. No disconnection notice hanging over this house any more. I even have some spare change to order random shit I need on Amazon like paper towels and soap.

And all this time I sit here and watch......the world is filled with so many marijuana references (especially in hip hop) these days its plain absurd. M.J. smoking is only getting cooler and more accepted as time goes on. The size and purchasing power of this market is staggering. When legalization happens its literally gonna be just like the gold rush.....and I can't fucking wait. Not only for commercial reasons, but simply just being able to walk down the fucking sidewalk and puff a big ass blunt right there in front of everybody, and not give a fuck who sees. Think of all those innocent dudes sprung from jail, the empty prisons and happy homes. That day is coming gents.....

Now is when you should be vigilante,not cocky,and live like you have no disposable income...keeping yourself 'in check' is probably one of the most difficult things to do...unless you have perspective.

IeatCubes

It certainly has its perks but it has a few drawbacks as well. The illegality being the biggest. It's also tough not being able to share my accomplishments with family and friends and after years of toiling away in the bowels of my basement it can get a bit lonely hiding one of the most significant things in my life.

Very well put.
I feel you, man.

I'm tired...just tired of the game. I'll hobby grow for the head.
I'd like to open my own flight school...one small bird at a time.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I guess you guys are either not risking jail time or are cool with jail time :)

whichever, i'm still happy for you

Many...many "Legit" jobs come with the risk of serious injury or death--
Couple years of sitting around playing pinochle and reading books ain't all THAT tough-- (Semi-Joking) :tiphat:

gingerale

Veteran
Now is when you should be vigilante,not cocky,and live like you have no disposable income...keeping yourself 'in check' is probably one of the most difficult things to do...unless you have perspective.

Amen bro....amen. I got busted before and my whole grow confiscated by trusting the wrong peeps and doing the wrong things.......never again. Nobody knows I grow except the dispensary and the 15+ year close associates I am lucky enough do business with. Just finished putting in the new 8" carbon filter tonight cause this tent fucking REEKS...lol

Latest posts

Latest posts