What's new

Is the real grapefruit still around?

Bobbles

Anyone know if any of the grapefruits listed in seed form are the real grapefruit? By real, I mean it actually smells and tastes exactly like a grapefruit. Thanks. :blowbubbles:

mr noodles

still have a whole pack from reeferman before is euro move and c-ray departure .

the thing was suppose to be the original clone bx but later some where telling it was a pink g x c-99 .

was great and frosty as hell , very smelly , funny thing it has a strong rks undertone . some variation among the plant . the remarkable kiwi tastin pheno was superb for me .

with reef genetic something i got confuse on the lineage . he never wanted to told me what is new berry was made off when he send me the seeds to test them , well , c ray send them to me lol

after c ray departure the communication went to zero and reef forum was full of unpleasant moron , hence the mma challenge for a fistfight between a loud mouth and reef , im not joking it happen there lol..jerry springer kinda place....fuck that . old reef genetic = gold but later was inferior ....same genetic breed in europe where not the same ect , germ rate issue ....i hope he got is act together .

I've been growing packs of Female Seeds Grapefruit for years now, lovely taste and some of the best daytime herb you can get!
Cheap seeds as well!
:)

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You want the SPG (sweet pink grapefruit) - clone only

or

NYCD it also tastes like grapefruit. Both are very good strains.

I grew iced grapefruit outdoors. When it was growing it had a super strong grapefruit smell and kept the taste and smell pretty good in the jar. Very fruity not really my fav.

M

MrSterling

What happened with that dude and ST#4? When I joined IC whoever's strain that was never stopped talking about it, and other members couldn't shut up about it either.

John Deere

Veteran
What happened with that dude and ST#4? When I joined IC whoever's strain that was never stopped talking about it, and other members couldn't shut up about it either.

SOTF

He went AWOL shortly after he had a batch of seeds not make it to the 'bay. Hope he's well but I assume he got busted. There's still a forum in the private breeders forum area.

Bobbles

Wow, I think this is the first time I can easily acquire a strain! Awesome, will pick up some female seeds grapefruit and hopefully there is something in there that resembles what I had awhile back.

Id love to find Sweet Tooth, I really should have picked that up back in the day. Kept putting it off and putting it off, and then gone.

John Deere

Veteran
Id love to find Sweet Tooth, I really should have picked that up back in the day. Kept putting it off and putting it off, and then gone.

Chimera's gf x bb but it just recently sold out unless any relists come up. Guess that doesn't really help, does it?

M

MrSterling

I don't wish ill on anyone, but you do have to assume the worst when someone decides they're going to be a breeder and then they disappear. At the same time there are many many growers in CA or equal or way larger size operating. Makes you wonder what happened...

I'd never looked at female seeds before. Their offerings certainly look great!

I

Iron_Lion

If you repeat something enough people start to believe it.

It was a lot of hype, and then the next strain comes a long peeps get all hyped up again and the cycle starts all over again.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
hortilabs sour pink grapefruit is the spg clone x ecsd v3 that might be your best be find a gf dom pheno male and female and make some f2's and search through those for a spg pheno.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you repeat something enough people start to believe it.

It was a lot of hype, and then the next strain comes a long peeps get all hyped up again and the cycle starts all over again.

Did you grow it? I did, and wouldn't call it "a lot of hype". SOTF was a bit over-the-top in his exuberance, but it's a damn nice plant as well as smoke. It's also among the most effective that I've found in a topical oil.

M

MrSterling

I remember getting an invite to the Sweet Tooth fan social group like a week after joining the IC, despite never posting in a thread or smoking it.

Let me not derail the topic anymore than need he though. OP, I'd also suggest you check out Dinafem's grapefruit. The caveat is that I haven't had it, and all their gear started elsewhere, but I feel safe suggesting it. They've made a business delivering solid representations of staple strains. I want to shake my fist at them in moral indignation for only working others' gear, but they do a really damn good job. Their California Hash Plant might be my favourite pot in the world. If their grapefruit is as good a representation as their lines are, it's worth checking out.

Latest posts

Latest posts