What's new

Is the new stuff any better?

OldPhart

Taking several weeks off from smoking any can sure change how a strain impacts.
I think the question is very subjective. By "old stuff" I think OP was talking older recent "newer" strains 80's -90's.
Golden Goat is super too

Yeah, you are right on with the time frame, actually the 90's is when I got serious genetics (white widow, skunk, four way), serious lights, and went hydro. That was a fun time, people had never seen shit like that before. Especially in the Midwest! I did run some later strains such as Power Plant and hash plant, but that was the most recent strains that i have run. Of course all the stuff I played with is now 'retro', and I was just wondering how the current strains could beat them. I guess the simple answer is that they don't :D.

OP

DoDad

Just a few years ago I started using the newer high CBD strains. It takes very little (in comparison) for me to reach that "I'm Good" stage and the effect lasts longer again.

I am looking for a high cbd strain that gets me going in the morning.

Which strains are you talking about?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I've been using cannabis for 30 years, 24/7 when at all possible. I'm autistic and have both physical and neuropathic pain sources.

The older strains had more CBD in them. I've noticed it taking more and more cannabis to get to that "I'm good" feeling, as the decades have gone by. It reached a point where I would be massively high, before reaching that point.

Just a few years ago I started using the newer high CBD strains. It takes very little (in comparison) for me to reach that "I'm Good" stage and the effect lasts longer again.

I'm glad to see things returning to normal (well, somewhat. lol). :)
Hi Curtis, my use has been since 1966. Still remember the first joint.. got out of the guys car and felt like all was moving in slow motion.. that happened only once... had no health issues, always though I got high as hell because there were more brain cells to work on, not high CBDs.:biggrin:.
what does "I'm good" mean Curtis, are you saying that the new high CBD strains get you better health wise or better high wise? Either way I'm glad it helps with your dilemmas. What breeders strains/seeds are you using?

I think today you have much more variatys to choose from, and access as well..... I mean, before you had Thai import, Mexico Import, Colombian Import...etc... and you also had the Lebanese, the Paki, the afghan....... well, you can still have that weed today, I mean its not so impossible to get the seeds , but, these strains are highly unstable, with many hermie traits and were never worked on for the commercial grower..... today you have all those genetics, plus the new hybrids, witch have all sorts of terpene profile, most hit above 20% THC, some finish in 7 weeks!!!! .... I mean, if you are a commercial grower, would you grow a 65 day flower OG Kush, that sells at 10$ a gram to the final consumer, or would you grow a 140 day flower Colombian? that would probably sell at a slightly higher price, but would demand much more time to get pushed out, as the market for these strains is a limited one ?...... I mean, if its for your own homegrow, you can easely have access to super sativas and old school strains, as its not hard to understand why there is so much offer of these newer strains in comparison to old ones.

Junk

Just to offer a diff perspective,

When we talk about strength changing from "years" ago, how long are we talking? 20 years ago, I was getting stuff that's the same potency as it is now.

People have been growing indoors for quite some time. I've never had it, but the original Chemdawg, which is going on 30 years-ish, by all accounts is a smasher. Amsterdam has been growing amazing product for at least that long.

If we are going back 50+ years to the 1960's, I could see the potency being higher now.

However, they are often talking about THC levels, and I wish the people who keep quoting that figure would educate themselves. THC content isn't everything.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Just to offer a diff perspective,

When we talk about strength changing from "years" ago, how long are we talking? 20 years ago, I was getting stuff that's the same potency as it is now.

People have been growing indoors for quite some time. I've never had it, but the original Chemdawg, which is going on 30 years-ish, by all accounts is a smasher. Amsterdam has been growing amazing product for at least that long.

If we are going back 50+ years to the 1960's, I could see the potency being higher now.

However, they are often talking about THC levels, and I wish the people who keep quoting that figure would educate themselves. THC content isn't everything.
I'm always up for some edumakation... help a brother undertand..
OH! 1st post welcome... theres always the UK Cheese from early, those who have it don't give it up too easily.. ive had some excellent cheese from seed.. but that was 10 years ago or so.. BB doesn't sell regular seeds any longer.. that I know of and would always like to be informed if available.. from Big Buddah..

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I am looking for a high cbd strain that gets me going in the morning.

Which strains are you talking about?
Currently I have Canna-Tsu. I used harlequin before this and prefer the Canna-Tsu as there's less 'buzz' to it. Straightens my mood, logic, memory and focus while removing my pain and inflammation. (among other things I'm sure)

This is what I mean by "I'm Good." When my brain and body are fluid and working properly.