What's new

Is the Master Kush from Nirvana and the Master Kush from White Label the same thing?

Waxman

I grew the master kush years ago and loved it I want to grow it again last time I grew Nirvanas Master Kush but I noticed this time that a company called White Label also Carrys Master Kush. Is one of these better then the other? Are the genetics the same either way? Or does one company have the original?

I've found a few good moms in Nirvana's MK packs over the years but I've also found more bad than good in them. Either way, there's gold in there. I never ran white label's personally but I have seen it in action. She finishes about a week or two faster. Yields weren't drastically different but aroma and flavor were better on my Nirvana keepers. Potency was all white label though. This guys MK was a killer when he had it.

kin_dawg

Mr nice has the master kush. Check the grow reports over there on his 'master kaze' (master kush x afghan haze) it comes highly recommended. From the pics it looks something akin to og kush which perhaps gives creedence to og kush being lemon thai x old world Paki, just speculating.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
After looking at some nirvana master kush I am convinced that was what I was getting as a teenager from the smell description to the way the buds looked. I may have to await to get some when restocked

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Guessing White Label's is a Dutch Passion knockoff based on the description.
Damn I was wondering about those guys as I have been eyeing their white rhino regular seeds but if you say hey are a knockoff seed Co then I wanna avoid getting bunk gear

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I grew the master kush years ago and loved it I want to grow it again last time I grew Nirvanas Master Kush but I noticed this time that a company called White Label also Carrys Master Kush. Is one of these better then the other? Are the genetics the same either way? Or does one company have the original?
Master Kush was bred by Shantibaba from Mr Nice. Both Nirvana and White Label make copies of famous strains. Nirvana has been around for a longer time and used to do their own breeding. White Label is Sensi's second brand that I guess they started to copy other strains without messing with their main catalogue. Although seeing the bullshit they sell now on the Sensi website, having a second brand like that seems redundant.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I am hoping for similar expressions to what I had smoked as a teenager so much good weed came thru in my youth. Thanks for the insight guys
That's gonna be difficult unless you can find the same seed stock you had in the day. I grew 2 different crosses of the original Master Kush from Mr Nice, and both were very skunky with harsher afghan terpenes. I also grew White Label's fems like 6 years ago and the plants came out very fruity and looking nothing alike. It's a lottery with seedbanks, you never know.

Dutch Passion I wouldn't even bother with, as they are known for being a shady company. They partenered with DJ Short to sell his Blueberry and decided to just stop paying him one day. They stole the Destroyer from Cannabiogen and just changed the name and sold it as theirs. They just take a famous clone, revert it, put a ® in the name and pretend it's theirs, because they know it will fool the noobs. There's a famous spanish autofem bank that does the same and it's worked pretty well for them too.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
That's gonna be difficult unless you can find the same seed stock you had in the day. I grew 2 different crosses of the original Master Kush from Mr Nice, and both were very skunky with harsher afghan terpenes. I also grew White Label's fems like 6 years ago and the plants came out very fruity and looking nothing alike. It's a lottery with seedbanks, you never know.

Dutch Passion I wouldn't even bother with, as they are known for being a shady company. They partenered with DJ Short to sell his Blueberry and decided to just stop paying him one day. They stole the Destroyer from Cannabiogen and just changed the name and sold it as theirs. They just take a famous clone, revert it, put a ® in the name and pretend it's theirs, because they know it will fool the noobs. There's a famous spanish autofem bank that does the same and it's worked pretty well for them too.
Yeah that would be my fear. Maybe I will get lucky and someone with seeds made by the same cultivars of the expressions that are most favorable. I wouldnt trust dutch passion either I have read how sketchy they are. I bet cropking seeds had learned from DP

goingrey

WL MK grown by FJ

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Yeah that would be my fear. Maybe I will get lucky and someone with seeds made by the same cultivars of the expressions that are most favorable. I wouldnt trust dutch passion either I have read how sketchy they are. I bet cropking seeds had learned from DP
And that's without mentioning their hermie fem seeds. Maybe it's changed now but for a long time they used to make their fems by rhodelization while the rest of the industry had been reversing plants with STS for many years.

Maybe you can be lucky, but classic dutch strains are a crapshoot, as dutch seedbanks got massively raided during the 2000's and lost most of their parentals. Sensi and others have never admitted this because they only care about the money. The Dutch care a lot more about money than honesty, as you can tell from the shit they sell to tourists in their coffee shops.

I personally would get started with Nirvana. They're a copycat seedbank themselves, but at least they (used to) do their own breeding.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
And that's without mentioning their hermie fem seeds. Maybe it's changed now but for a long time they used to make their fems by rhodelization while the rest of the industry had been reversing plants with STS for many years.

Maybe you can be lucky, but classic dutch strains are a crapshoot, as dutch seedbanks got massively raided during the 2000's and lost most of their parentals. Sensi and others have never admitted this because they only care about the money. The Dutch care a lot more about money than honesty, as you can tell from the shit they sell to tourists in their coffee shops.

I personally would get started with Nirvana. They're a copycat seedbank themselves, but at least they (used to) do their own breeding.
I didnt know that part. And know of someone who makes seeds in that fashion.. He wants to become a breeder too.. But has yet to comprehend the ethics of this community when it comes to breeding standards even as a one person show. I would trust Nirvana personally had spoke to him once on here he was 100% respectful so I would see myself running the gear he provides for the community even if it is someone elses work sometimes breeders stop running stuff and when someone else drops seeds it becomes a blessing to bean hoarders/collectors like myself. What's has been your personal best experience with Nirvana gear?

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
[EDIT] Sorry I was wrong White Label is Sensi Seeds not Dutch Passion
.But DP has decent stuff, I have seen myself some of their grows, and a friend of mine grew out their Fresian Dew which was just fantastic to look at and a great smoke...
So, yeah, they're a better company than RQS or Sensi, but that's just my opinion, haters gonna hate irrespectively.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I didnt know that part. And know of someone who makes seeds in that fashion.. He wants to become a breeder too.. But has yet to comprehend the ethics of this community when it comes to breeding standards even as a one person show. I would trust Nirvana personally had spoke to him once on here he was 100% respectful so I would see myself running the gear he provides for the community even if it is someone elses work sometimes breeders stop running stuff and when someone else drops seeds it becomes a blessing to bean hoarders/collectors like myself. What's has been your personal best experience with Nirvana gear?

Rhodelization was the first way people used to make fem seeds. Soma was the first one if I'm not mistaken. Ethos Genetics has some rhodelized seeds available and they cost hundreds of dollars. They have R2 in the name. People buy them I guess 🤷‍♂️

I think you may be mixing up Nirvana the seedbank and Gypsy Nirvana? Gypsy Nirvana is the owner of icmag and a seed collector.

I haven't ever grown anything by Nirvana myself, but I've been a part of spanish cannabis forums for a long time, and have seen many people satisfied with their grows, a particular grower I know comes to mind (Miguel_83) who had a terrible experience with Sensi's Jack Herer, and grew Nirvana's copy (Jack Horror I think) and was much happier with that. Seeds were a fraction of the price too.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
BTW Just wanted to say that White Label is Dutch Passion, white label is just their "premium" strains...But DP has decent stuff, I have seen myself some of their grows, and a friend of mine grew out their Fresian Dew which was just fantastic to look at and a great smoke...
So, yeah, they're a better company than RQS or Sensi, but that's just my opinion, haters gonna hate irrespectively.
White label is Sensi's second brand, not Dutch Passions'

edit - just saw you edited your post (y)

Latest posts

Latest posts