What's new

Is suicide cowardly, brave, depends or just meh?

E

ESTERCHASER

Im offended by people who use air blowers instead of rakes! wtf!

Bobby Boucher

I'm ocd as fuck and the most irritating thing in the world for me to watch people do certain things.. differently than I do.

Raking.. is just the dumbest thing.. ever.

Put a bag on your mower and tamp it down into yard bags or dump it in the street whenever pickup is scheduled.

Boom.

Mulched leaves tamp down into nothing. I'm only on a quarter acre but the whole thing is covered in trees and I get it all in 4-5 bags.

I watch the neighbors spend 8+ hours raking their shit, multiple times throughout the season. It's total madness. I go out whenever they are doing it just so they can see it only takes me 30 minutes to do the side of my house that faces theirs with a standard sized mower, but I wouldn't dare actually trying to tell them what to do, being as they are grown men and all..

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It's generally stupid. Why? Because most people contemplating suicide really have no understanding of their situation. I thought about it many times as a teenager, and several times as a young adult. Had I understood then what I understand now, I would have laughed and said... "Ok."

There's no way I could possibly have predicted what my life is like today, from the perspective of when I was in extreme stress. Every single day, I have reminders of why I'm so glad I stuck around. Sure, it took over 20 years of crap to show up... but I am ecstatic to be alive, and where I'm at in life.

What's the difference? Years and years of continually working to improve how I approached and operate in the world.

LIFE, is all about how you roll with what it throws at you. Were I to offload my issues onto the shoulders of the next 500 people, a good 75% of them would simply collapse under the load. Life makes you strong, understanding yourself makes you stronger.

Life, when viewed from an educated perspective, is fantastic and full of opportunity. When you are uneducated, and you are focused on the wrong things, it's extremely difficult to 'see' what there is in life worth living for.

Learn who you are, and the rest of the world becomes a significantly brighter place to live in. It doesn't do anything for your friends and family, unfortunately, but it will do wonders for you. People will appreciate your having stuck around.

Be good to yourself, not many others on the planet will do it for you. :tiphat:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
it's like that girlfriend who cheated on you & broke your heart, after a time you don't give it a second thought.
i knew several peeps who checked themselves out, a couple friends, my brother in law and his son.
they didn't care about how others would feel.
at the time i grieved, but later turned to apathy and i rarely think of them.
i never pondered what they were escaping or if it really was an escape, because no-one really knows what awaits.
for those with suicidal ideation, get help.

St. Phatty

When the extension cord pulls out of the socket your plane will crash. :laughing:

Speaking of extension cords, I've been making bathtub heaters (sort of like an aquarium heater).

Using wire-wrap wire, which is 30 gauge, about .015 inches diameter.

Rated for .86 Amps, running 3 amps through it. About 450 watts total.

https://learn.adafruit.com/wires-and-connections/wire-guages

My hands are covered with scratches from playing with the cat.

I can feel the leaking current from the coil of wire. When I'm in the bathtub with 120 VAC live. There are about 5 places where the wire broke (it's single strand) and is soldered together & covered with duct-tape.

When I get my hand near it, I can feel the electricity. The cuts on my hand start stinging more.

Heck if someone wants to commit suicide, they might as well make themselves useful and go work as a fire-fighter.

Once their lungs are smoked out (very painful), they will really want to commit suicide.

One partial cure for suicide is procrastination.

troutman

Seed Whore
It all depends on your situation I guess.

Hopefully, you can figure out what is making you feel this way and deal with it.