What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

I

Iron_Lion

The seeds might be a bit different. That's the Fire OG clone, not from seeds.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
People out here on the East Coast are only going to get to know whats up when they get dispensaries.( or legal stores I hope..)
Until you walk into a store and get to stick your nose in the jars and then repeat it over and over are you going
to understand the differences in strains.No states on the east coast with real disp scene except Maine and they got only 8 of em.
Michigan has had lots of shops for some years now and you got an OG scene like Venice Beach in Ann Arbor. ( kinda )
I bet you do a survey of students in AA and you find lots of folks who know OG.

I understand that there are plenty of growers in the know but I'm talking average
consumers who consume all the beaster quality west coast outdoor.
Only the 1% out east have access to the kind of fire that anybody in the Bay Area with a card can grab 24/7.
Either the very rich or the very lucky to be close enough to a grower
are going to be able to get their hands on OG out here.
I recently got passed a cut that is supposed to be over 10 yr old Abusive OG.
From a strain hoarder in CT. Just flipped her over and I'm waiting...

Actually, OG has been sold here on the east coast for quite some time now. Comes in along with blue dream, GDP, and other commercial cali types. It just doesn't fetch as high a price as sour diesel or haze. The OG kushes that I've seen just aren't as pungent as the sour diesel, they smell like a bland/watered down version of it, and usually end up being referred to as just "sour" by the people selling it. So for all the hype created on the boards regarding OG kush, I'm a bit disappointed. Maybe I've just not come across a good representitive of it yet. I hear the Skywalker OG is really good but have yet to try it.

^ I would say you havnt had a good example. I like sour d but the real clone only og cuts are on another level. Iv had the eastcoast sour d for sure and other deisel cuts and id take tahoe or one of the clones only's anyday.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Commercial OG?

Commercial OG?

You dont want that. Get the real deal if You can, grown in small indoor batches, organicly. You will know when you have "The Kind". It will cause uncontrolable white outs, and You will have to adopt safe smoking guidelines. ie, have someone present when your smoking it, and quickly set down glass bongs immediatly away from you after a big hit. Get close to the ground, just in case.

You will know when You have the real deal, grown correctly.

I run both outdoor and Indo. This is in no way a slap to Outdoor Cali Growers. Im one.

theJointedOne

Veteran
You dont want that. Get the real deal if You can, grown in small indoor batches, organicly. You will know when you have "The Kind". It will cause uncontrolable white outs, and You will have to adopt safe smoking guidelines. ie, have someone present when your smoking it, and quickly set down glass bongs immediatly away from you after a big hit. Get close to the ground, just in case.

I run both outdoor and Indo. This is in no way a slap to Outdoor Cali Growers. Im one.

yup

picture.php
i love these little OG buds that sit just below some of the main tops, super frosty head banging dank.

NorCal

Veteran

Well said. Just like with the GSC I tell people if the sample you've got is not super dank looking and smells super dank you didn't get any super dank much less the real deal GSC. We don't hype these strains (og,gsc) all on our own. They get hyped because they're fire and provably because people get the most stoned they've ever been off some of these clone only strains..... Oh and they also taste amazing.

kona

Well i just read the last 30 pages of this thread.....annnnd There went my night.

That platinum prop has is fire. The sfv is dope too but I still like the platinum better.
Been having my folks in the A ask about the Irene alot lately. Im Curious to see what that cuts all about since I've heard alot about it but never read or seen anything about it. Stoney saying it's an OG wouldn't be the first time I've heard that.

Funny how no one In the east coast really knows about OG kush. everyone just wants sour. They apparently don't care much for the OG. Funny It's completely the opposite on the west coast.

LOL When my folks come out and visit if I tell them I don't have any sour but I got some bomb og they look all butt hurt.

I lived on the east coast (currently SoCal) when I was younger... I believe "og" has a bad rap because the cannabis culture is far less educated and "og" is interpreted as "organic grown", "original gangster", etc and has pretty much lost its charm because of the all common ditchweed og... Price is 100% based on bag appeal because unless you know the actual source they call shit whatever they think will ring well with buyers.

OG is the Shiit!....Runnin the Fire, Skywalker, and WhiteFire!

glad im not the only one that realized the skywalker is one of the superior og's, the real deal skywalker that is. its played out cuz theres a lot of fakes but that real one is hard to beat. very lovely plant. cool to see the big ogr rocking it.

i used to pass on it a lot cuz it was so accessible but once i seen how dank the buds are on the real cut i had to get a few to rock. might be my main og.

and i would like to hear more info on the irene cut. i got one and its a stretchy ass girl. someone said its the sfv but whatever i have doesnt look like sfv.. like a lengthy fast growing stretcher so far.

It's funny you mention that.

One of my favorite things about OG, is actually something odd. It's the bud shape and sizes.

Agreed some are little rock hard golf balls, some are a little more spear shaped still retaining that chunkiness. Your Fire cut looks like some serious dank sir.

NorCal

Veteran
I lived on the east coast (currently SoCal) when I was younger... I believe "og" has a bad rap because the cannabis culture is far less educated and "og" is interpreted as "organic grown", "original gangster", etc and has pretty much lost its charm because of the all common ditchweed og... Price is 100% based on bag appeal because unless you know the actual source they call shit whatever they think will ring well with buyers.

LOL its like the hype made it over there but the bud never did.

XOCALGUY

Hello all. Long time lurker first time posting and love this thread about OGs and think that this family of strains deserves the reputation that they have as elite strains and the current peak of the evolution of MJ thanks to the efforts of breeders. The proof being not only in that OG has that great combination of smell, flavor and high but as many lab tests show has the highest concentration of THC of any prior strains from what i've seen. That being said, I think that there is more to come and a good indication is GSC. Different flavor profile but still a great one and still extremely high cannabinoid profile that at times is even higher than the highest tested OG strains. A good indication that there is more to come but this being an OG thread I'll get back on topic. I sort of wish we had a more specific name here in Cali like "sour" as I think people would not be able to sell big giant sweet and fruity smelling and tasting flowers as OG. IMO a good and authentic OG should be sour and have those little triangle shaped nugs that are very "oily" and not as much size and frost as many collectives sell as OG these days. Anywho that's my two red coins for now. Keep up the good work breeders and I look forward to trying the beat you guys have to offer and props to the guys keeping the sour, lemony, fuely with a hint of pine flavor in their OG strains.

shit 28 is killer thats crazy i agree wit some of the above posts where og and sour are more generic terms now cuz deez folks wit da packs in deez states arent growing therefore they are going on what they are told and if its smells like "sour" well then thats what it is

big twinn

Veteran
Just put in a few Topanga Canyon Pure Kushes into flower. So far she is stretching nicely with branches that appear more supportive than my 818 and Ghost cuts. Looking forward to adding a few other OGs to the arsenal in the very near future. what is the optimal flower period for this girl? First time running her.