What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

i got the diamond and have had it for a while. it produces good og nugs.. not as good as tahoe and true and some others but still definitely top notch.. but the best thing about it is its one of the better growing og's, less stretchy and viney and shorter internodal spacing.. bushes out a lot easier.. you can definitely tell when its the diamond og even in veg.. it has a certain look.. the leaves are small and different from most og's as well.. i just got a new mother and am about to get some cuts off of it to do a nice run with it. if u get it and post a pic ill be able to tell u if real or not for sure.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Cool man. Waiting to hear back from this dude, prolly won't be for a few months but I'll def post up pics and pm you when/if it comes thru. Good lookin out brotha.

make sure the mother u take it from is as healthy as possible and then just wait.. sfv, louie, $100 have all been really hard for me to root. must just be a clone of a clone times a million.

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
plum creek kush.. i would of of gone with pottery wheel og.. or time of my life og.. ( actually a ghost og? s1..)
got the cut prolly 8 ys ago as just ogk.. smoked alot grown a handful.. pretty sure it's from the ghost...petrol and rubber..maybe a touch of dirt... the s1's crushed the donor in yield.. think from seed it was pushin 10 z from a 5 gal under 4k mixed spectrum( the lab).

Attachments

• feb-11 258.jpg
    feb-11 258.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

P0P3Y3

cotton candy kush

cotton candy kush

I'd say the best og kush strain I've had is cotton candy kush its a old cotton candy x og kush love it so much

vertigo0007

What leads you to believe its "prolly" docs and not afghan face-off? Do you even know what they produce or have you just heard the name docs?

im guessing art is the guy that released that one or put his name on an already existing og which i think is what usually happens.. cuz now we got marks og, scotts og, arts og, fuckin a, prolly everyone has their own og.

its like they get the tahoe and run it for a while next thing you know its their cut and they put their name on it, stupid.

and whats stupider is theres like 20 tahoes. one real one and the rest prolly phenos from cali connect. as well as sfv and larry. and like 10 skywalkers.

a few weeks ago a guy was telling me he had the faceoff og and i wanted to buy some cuts off him but after talking to him for a while he was like "yeah man i got these beans from rare dankness and theyre bomb" thats when i knew it was prolly that docs cut and he was calling it faceoff. stupid, im glad he said that cuz i already got docs cut seeds and i woulda thought i had that real faceoff when i didnt.

another one, a guy was selling private reserve og. which is a dank cut from orgnkid i think but after talking to him i found out it was just the og18 from reserva privada lmao. people stay messing up the og name game lmao.

but as long as the cuts are good and real og's that what i care about.

MrDank

Veteran
Any tricks on getting the sfv to fucking root?

IME the trick with rooting the hard to root OG's is to first take very large HEALTHY cuttings with a nice fat stem. I personally have the best success rooting them with cooler temps. I feel the cold water at the bottom of the clone tray along with the cold water in the rapid rooter plugs gives more cO2 to the root area, which in turn gives faster and healthier roots

the water I use is tap water with cal-mag added to bump PPM's to 200-225. I then raise the ppm's to 300 with pure blend pro grow. I get almost 100% success (and 90% with OG) with that method

that method

big twinn

Veteran
Very interesting MrDank, thanks for your input. Oddly enough, i find that the larger the stems the more woody/lignified they are, and as such they seem to take a lot longer to root for me, even if the cutting was the apical dominant meristem, the smaller lateral meristems always seem to root quicker for me.

ThaDocta

Veteran
slausons...all too common nowadays...if you havn't been keeping your cuts for years at this point, its highly unlikely to get the original from random sources. One giant clusterfuck. If you've got some shit you've been holding onto for years, please keep preserving it! It won't ever come back the same.

ThaDocta

Veteran
The "Legend" cut is the one that came from CALM. I was told years ago it was one of Orgnkid's OGs1's he distributed. Good herb. Same with XXX, Private Reserve, etc..

L

LumpStatus

Cold water may provide more oxygen but not more carbon dioxide. But if you allow your medium to be a bit drier then you will have more oxygen than water can hold at any temperature.

Personally though....I root hundreds of og cuts every month...a healthy mother is most important. Second is temperature, higher temperatures show roots faster for me. I keep my veg room at 80* f constantly. I use root shooters from jiffy and they come properly moistened with no need to soak the shooters. Cut, dip in clonex, stick in the shooters, put a dome over them and wait. Typically the clones will root before they ever need to be watered.

In any medium, the drier you keep your medium without wilting your plants, the faster they will root. The roots will also be healthier and full of fuzz unlike rooting in a medium that's too wet.

So I do the exact opposite of what the other guy does. High temps, not low. Drier medium, not wet. I also find smaller clones root faster but large ones root fine too, just a bit longer.

PicosPoisonftw!

Cold water may provide more oxygen but not more carbon dioxide. But if you allow your medium to be a bit drier then you will have more oxygen than water can hold at any temperature.

Personally though....I root hundreds of og cuts every month...a healthy mother is most important. Second is temperature, higher temperatures show roots faster for me. I keep my veg room at 80* f constantly. I use root shooters from jiffy and they come properly moistened with no need to soak the shooters. Cut, dip in clonex, stick in the shooters, put a dome over them and wait. Typically the clones will root before they ever need to be watered.

In any medium, the drier you keep your medium without wilting your plants, the faster they will root. The roots will also be healthier and full of fuzz unlike rooting in a medium that's too wet.

So I do the exact opposite of what the other guy does. High temps, not low. Drier medium, not wet. I also find smaller clones root faster but large ones root fine too, just a bit longer.

IME the trick with rooting the hard to root OG's is to first take very large HEALTHY cuttings with a nice fat stem. I personally have the best success rooting them with cooler temps. I feel the cold water at the bottom of the clone tray along with the cold water in the rapid rooter plugs gives more cO2 to the root area, which in turn gives faster and healthier roots

the water I use is tap water with cal-mag added to bump PPM's to 200-225. I then raise the ppm's to 300 with pure blend pro grow. I get almost 100% success (and 90% with OG) with that method

that method

Thanks fellas :tiphat:. I think taking the cuts myself will help... I got a tk mother and have rooted all the cuts I took but one. Most in a ez cloner, but I'm feeling like the rapid rooters w/a dome are the way to go. There's one sfv that I moved over to a plug that I think might take. I use distilled water w/camag & sometimes cytoplus for foliar. I have a mini tent on top of my veg tent that I haven't been using because my clone/seedling light is an 8 strip t5.. So I'm happy to hear that the high temps may be beneficial, I'll give her a go.

nomaad

Veteran

that method

I get a low score of about 50% in the aerocloner with the "hard to root" OG's... but... i also probably don't wait long enough for the stragglers as I have noticed that these OG's will slime out and THEN pop roots out of the slime. I give them a dunk in Physan 20 before transplant (into coco).

I have also had 90% rounds in the aerocloner when I have been on my game getting the pH at a constant 6.0. I add nothing but Aquashield as per the bottle directions in well water.

My bad runs come from bad pH control. I rush into a run for one reason or another and fill the EZs before i have my shit stabilized. My well water is all over the place for days.

Before aerocloning, I used Oasis Cubes, as I was taught by one of my mentors. It was from her that my main OG came from. Her method with the OG's in the OC's was botanicaire's overpriced cloning solution, per the directions, watered in at pH @ 6.2 EXACTLY, heating mat with thermostat at 85 degrees. She rarely lost a clone.

nomaad

Veteran
And I disagree with Dr Dank on the point of using fat clones. Healthy for sure, though. I get the best results with thin lower shoots. YMMV.

Last edited:
L

LumpStatus

Nomad....you need to use some chlorine in that ez cloner bro... you will get near 100% success without ANY slime. Pool shock (calcium hypochlorite) or Bob's brew or clear rez at 1oz per 5 gal EVERY DAY.

Check out this thread

Anyone not getting near 100% needs to try this. I had near 0% before dosing daily with chlorine type products. Bobs brew is omri listed as well, which may surprise people.

Latest posts

Latest posts