What's new

Is OG kush a sativa or indica?

I

Iron_Lion

^ I am a haze lover too OG is good too tho.

I think I might have struck gold when i smashed together a fast flowering SSH male and my og female. I have 4 of them growing now, all very uniform and stinky even as little plants in veg.

northstate

ICMag Donor
OG is a strange one for sure, I call it my "Ganja Kiwi" because of its growth habits. Interesting T.Hill went hunting in the gene pool and was not happy. Should be motivating I hope! NS

dachieftan

YES AND NO. so many different cuts of OG it's almost impossible to know for sure...
originally posted by xX Kid Twist Xx @ skunkschool.com (this guy seemed pretty reputable IMO)

origins of OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog: “In late ‘93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in ‘95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him “this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro”. The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush.
I would bet OGKush is not an S1 of Chemdawg. Although I will be the first to say they certainly are related. But if you have grown as much OG K as I have, and seen all the different phenos, you would agree. Even the S1 of SFV OGK as its called now, (which is quite honestly the first kushes running around that I came across back in ‘96), make S1’s of SFV, and the offspring are very similar to the parent. Only occasionally do you get indica dom phenos. Most of the phenos resemble the parent signifigantly. (sp)"

In late '96 **** sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sativa in pheno type. **** sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. **** sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush."

Info on the differnt kutz of OG Kush:

Tahoe= cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.

-Larry= The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from

-SFV= There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve

-Ghost= This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.

-Tripple OG= This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Abusive= This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.

-SAC#2= Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.

-P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G= Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Apothecary = O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999

-Diablo= This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley

-******'s OG= Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OG******

-HA OG= Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.

-Poison OG=Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96

-SAC#1 & #3= #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara

V

vonforne

OG kush might not have the desired effects some of yall seek but its what fetches the highest prices in every corner of the country. also not everyone shares your views, i happen to LOOOOVE og and cant get enough of it. the smell, taste of smoke, bag appeal is all what sets it apart. yeah, the high does get old. it really sucks being burnt out by 2pm and ready for a nap. but thats why i just take one bong rip instead of 3.

i wish there was a OG that had all the good lemony taste but maybe less THC lol...but who am i kidding that wouldnt sell good. people want that K.O. punch in the face. and im not gonna pick my SFV early i wanna let it run all the way and see how frosty i can make it. a good OG will get you places in this world no kidding lol....

as for its genetics...i believe that og kush is chemdawg 91 x lemon thai?? and Paki Citral Kush....so its obviously a hybrid. some of my OGs grow sativa like in veg, but all churn out denser indica type nugs and leaf patterns. i ran SFV and Fire right next to a hazy sour D cross and they are both very very different from eachother.

I think that is why it is so popular............

I know a Med breeder that says EXACTLY what Tom said. I cannot mention his name because he is not a part of Gypsy´s vendors but he canned ALL of them......the same as Tom.

I grew out several of them and I never ran them again. I did have a Banana OG x NYCD that threw some interesting phenos but that was about it.

I am positive that there are some great phenos there but not everyone catches them unless they run lots of seeds.

I a not talking bad about it......I am just giving an opinion on what I have run in the past.

But it is as Tom said..........big leaves, thick stems etc.....the norm.

On a lighter note I did have one pheno with a killer taste but.........not the best buzz. Shit made me paranoid. lol Indicas do that to me a lot. I think it is my age now.

V

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm just pissed because I felt I cast a fairly broad net this year to check and see what was floating to the top of other trips, and came up with squat to my liking. To each his own I reckon. Back to the old drawing board for this kid though.

Snap,, we crossed a few 'Kush' strains in 2010,, and are heading back to the Amnesia and SSH lines into 2011.

Hope this helps

A

Aerokush101

Tom Hill is either on some real bullsh*t or his bluedream is really nice, maybe both. Much Respect to Tom, but saying OG is boring as hell and a waste of time is stretching the truth. By the way all the OG's I have seen have been Sativas.... RUDEBOI, where you at???

M

manchild

li serves it's purpose in must gardens as well as many med patients jars.It has a different effect on some.I personally think it's a poly hybrid.Where the Kush came from eludes seasons growers whom have grown and smoked pure aghani strains.I've grown MrDanks Afkansastan which is pure Afghani and the difference is night and day.Maybe some like it for the hype or the mOney it brings so I can also why it doesn't fit into some growers gardens.

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
Yeah, without trying to be too confrontational, I'm going to call a fat load of BS on that comment. OGK isn't a very medicinally valuable strain at all, other than the fact that it has a relatively sedating effect. .

While I was going through Chemotherapy the ghost's Og Kush cut changed my perception and attitude towards cannabis as a true medicine. Most strains of cannabis help in one way or another for the absolute horrible sickness the chemo brings on. Though I did find that diesels increased my headaches. But none made me feel like I hadnt had chemo. except one.

That particular cut of Og though was life/attitude changing. After a bong rip it was like a cloud lifted and the sun was out again. I could have 3-4 hours to play with my kids without feeling like I was going to die. It made me feel normal. Chemo free. No nausea, no headache, no chills, depression etc. When the chemo sickness rolled back in Id take another lil toke and keep going.

With herb I didnt have to take 8 prescribed medications. Most of them were pain and nausea medication but I felt I didnt need the Ativan or diazapam either as long as the jar of og was full.

Moonshine, my grandmother went through the same ordeal when receiving chemo for lymphoma. Definitely agree with you that it has it's place.

Um, what if white wines give you a headache but you really like red's, does THAT make me a wannabe too?:moon:

How does white wine give you a headache? My analogy describes recreational smokers who choose not to try something new because they deem it inferior or beneath them. Absolutely nothing to do with a bad physical reaction. Why on earth would a person eat/drink/inhale something that makes them feel sick?

Always nice to see civility and common decency on this board. :tiphat:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While I was going through Chemotherapy the ghost's Og Kush cut changed my perception and attitude towards cannabis as a true medicine. Most strains of cannabis help in one way or another for the absolute horrible sickness the chemo brings on. Though I did find that diesels increased my headaches. But none made me feel like I hadnt had chemo. except one.

That particular cut of Og though was life/attitude changing. After a bong rip it was like a cloud lifted and the sun was out again. I could have 3-4 hours to play with my kids without feeling like I was going to die. It made me feel normal. Chemo free. No nausea, no headache, no chills, depression etc. When the chemo sickness rolled back in Id take another lil toke and keep going.

With herb I didnt have to take 8 prescribed medications. Most of them were pain and nausea medication but I felt I didnt need the Ativan or diazapam either as long as the jar of og was full.

Nice positive feedback :yes:

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Even if OG fetches a higher price, that's not why I grow it. Fire OG is one of the prettiest plants I have ever seen. Dark leaves, longer internode spacing and nice tight nugs at each of those internodes. I don't grow my Fire as a commercial strain, I grow it for my headstash because its great for my depression and shoulder pain. :joint:

picture.php

Acotaco

Someone should take like bohdi lemon thai and cross it with a citral paki or some afghani kush deal and recreate an og kush type deal. Maybe with less burnout ? Hmm

A

Aerokush101

Thank would be nice... Recreating the mythological OG Genetic Pool, if that's whats really in it.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I dont care what the shits made of ..It tastes so good..I can totally agree with people saying it gets boring tho ..no matter what type of og hybrid i smoked ..as long as it had the overwhelming kush taste it was a instant burnout ..blahhh...

I think alot of people are UNEDUCATED when it comes to cannabis ..And jus repeat what they hear ..so as soon as they smoke this super hyped [crazy name] OG ..its instantly the best they ever had ..Not KNOWING theres some [very popular] haze ..that will have them feeling like donating 2 charity when there done smoking ..BUT like someone mentioned in an above post it may have the MEDICAL properties people like ..plus that taste..unmatched ..For anyone 2 dispute NON MEDICAL properties without 100% research and validation is crazy...
As far as being a indica or sativa ..Im saying mostly sativa ..It has the notorious sativa stretch ..flowers long ..but is does have small indica like buds ..and some really big fan leaves

^ I am a haze lover too OG is good too tho.

I think I might have struck gold when i smashed together a fast flowering SSH male and my og female. I have 4 of them growing now, all very uniform and stinky even as little plants in veg.

I sourced a cut of OG Kush X Super Silver Haze almost a yr ago now. OG name brings in the fat stacks of green and the SSH combo makes it worth growing. We call her momma, because I have to keep a big mum plant as everyone wants a cut. They call OGSSH the "Shhhh" because when they have some it is a big secret because they don't want to share. lol . Here is a couple of pics just for fun.

OGSSHbonsai3.jpg

OGSSHbonsai4.jpg

How funny would it be if this OGSSH cut came from you originally. I am a MI med patient.

Happy Growing.

Rjstoner

How long does that ogssh take to finish i have a buddy with some ssdh (ssh pheno) pollen and i was thinking of hitting my sfv og with it now that i see your plants

I

Iron_Lion

I sourced a cut of OG Kush X Super Silver Haze almost a yr ago now. OG name brings in the fat stacks of green and the SSH combo makes it worth growing. We call her momma, because I have to keep a big mum plant as everyone wants a cut. They call OGSSH the "Shhhh" because when they have some it is a big secret because they don't want to share. lol . Here is a couple of pics just for fun.

How funny would it be if this OGSSH cut came from you originally. I am a MI med patient.

Happy Growing.

Nice buds, looks like I have much to look forward to in the next few months.

I think any OG x SSH cross will be very different because so many pheno's of SSH exist. I used a wider leafed fast flowering SSH male. But that definitely didnt come from me because I am on my first round from seed. So far so good tho, they were heavy stinkers even in veg.

ghostly

hmmmm ...tom hill smokes blue dream? really? man, just bizarre how cannabis affects diff people, ive had, i dunno, 20-30 samples, maybe more, trying to like it, i really am, but i think its the crappiest commercial big name strain to ever hit cali....proof that you just gotta smoke a strain for yourself to really know:)

Snoop likes it too
the dream cut done proper is perfect day moke...mine tested at 23%
I love the afghani taste of chem4, it's a day wrecker...25%