What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Nirvana seeds still good?

WelderDan

Veteran
Funny...I have over 50 Nirvana seeds of various varieties that I bought back in 2006-2007 that I have been keeping in the fridge with a desiccant. So far, every single seed has been viable.

Currently, I have 5 Nirvana going that are about 3 weeks from seed. 3 Jock Horror, 1 Pure Power Plant and 1 Durban. I'm going through the packs with fewest seeds and I just polished those three strains off.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=556717&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=556716&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I've heard there is a legendary pheno of the Jock and obviously I have my fingers crossed to run into that one. I have plans on starting a bonsai mom tent and would love to have access to that one whenever I want. I did PPP a few years ago and got the purple pheno that Mister Postman also had. Very pretty plant. I had the cat piss Durban pheno when I grew that one out a long time ago. It was unique...that smell was crazy. Not for everyone and tough to carry inconspicuously.

From what I understand Nirvana were f2's of the featured line (Serious AK & Bubbilicious, Sensi Jack Herer, DJ Blueberry, Mango, etc). Unless you are dead set on getting the original genetics, I kind of prefer the crap shoot that Nirvana provides, especially for the price. It looks like they have moved away from regular seeds, which is a little disappointing because the chances of finding a stud from the genetic diversity are there as well.

You have seeds from the right time frame to find the famous Jock. The Jock pheno you are looking for will be a big plant. Long internodes, with fat leaves initially. If you have the headroom it will hit 6 feet. Christmas tree shape with a monster top cola. Side colas can get as big as some strains main cola. Trich coverage is insane.

Nirvana being F2's is not true. They were mostly knock offs or in some cases Mau crossed a given strain with what he called a non-dominate Skunk male. The Afghan was an Afghan clone x that skunk male. The Jock was a true knock off, and used NL, skunk and Haze parents but selected by Mau. The only F2's that I'm aware of were White Widow I believe. Nirvana acquired a single pack of WW and selected parents from that pack. Their White Rhino was their own Afghan x the WW. The Bubbleicious was NLxBubblegum x NLxBubblegum.

This is from memory, so forgive me if it isn't 100% accurate, but that is my recollection.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i started '3' jock's that have been sitting in my fridge for 12-15yrs- all 3 sprouted within days, 1 was a male which i culled as have no room to make seeds... i am hoping to find that special lady once again - this time i took cuttings from both...

unnamedmike

nirvana amnesia
picture.php

northern light

picture.php

Ive been popping seeds for several years at least 6 varieties a year, from $ 25 to + $ 150, and I do not save mothers of almost any, from nirvana I have 2 amnesia keepers from a single pack. And currently vegging northern light F2 from my own reproduction for pheno hunt. Im growing sterling haze too. Great seed bank.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Can you elaborate? How many did you grow? Did you run them more than once?

I limit myself to the 3,4,5 (it's never 6 or 7) females that come up and move on. What I remember is that there wasn't much worth remembering. WW was inoffensively meh but the most popcorny seed I've bought and of average whiteness. AI was the most cold blooded and had nothing close to anything going for it.

bigAl25

Veteran
Here's my recent Nirvana journey and like some previous grows I really fucked up my seedling starts. Paper toweled 5 Durban poison and 5 skywalker kush. The germination pellets I used are shit and too dense to let the root penetrate, thus lost all but one plant and don't know if it's the OG or Durban poison. At this point I just start throwing seeds into the soil. I ended up with an auto fem seed of their bubblelicious, surprise I thought is was just fem photo. It started flowering before I went 12/12. Looks really good now. I also ended up with 4 males that I culled. I have two sativa leaning plants, one topped the other not topped and it's about 4 1/2 feet now. The other is a hybrid mix. They could be delicious candy, Mosca Pink line, or fish scales, Hell I don't know. We are at 6 weeks flowering , and in spite of the few unknowns it's still a hoot to grow your own. Thanks Nirvana, Mosca and whoever breeds Delicious candy(Spain breeders), fish scales I believe is a US breeder.

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 43
I had an Auroro Indica, White Widow and PPP (PurePowerPlant) from Niravana seeds (all femenized) about 6 years ago. I can only recommend PPP, because of the taste and yield

Dirt Life

Veteran
You have seeds from the right time frame to find the famous Jock. The Jock pheno you are looking for will be a big plant. Long internodes, with fat leaves initially. If you have the headroom it will hit 6 feet. Christmas tree shape with a monster top cola. Side colas can get as big as some strains main cola. Trich coverage is insane.

Nirvana being F2's is not true. They were mostly knock offs or in some cases Mau crossed a given strain with what he called a non-dominate Skunk male. The Afghan was an Afghan clone x that skunk male. The Jock was a true knock off, and used NL, skunk and Haze parents but selected by Mau. The only F2's that I'm aware of were White Widow I believe. Nirvana acquired a single pack of WW and selected parents from that pack. Their White Rhino was their own Afghan x the WW. The Bubbleicious was NLxBubblegum x NLxBubblegum.

This is from memory, so forgive me if it isn't 100% accurate, but that is my recollection.

Hey Dan, ive heard that myself, but personal experience tells me otherwise. Mau worked with Wernard, and from what I heard, when Wernard sgut down his operatuon, Mau "aquired" a good majority of the genetics. Also, if indeed Nirvanas strains were just crosses of the "purple skunk" that I heard, then purple skunks phenos would be popping up in multiple strains, which did not happen to me... But, I could be wrong. Just my 2 cents... I have to keepers from old Nirvana strains, one is a Haze19 x Skunk, the other is a NL x Shiva. Both are top quality, and ive had the NLShiva for over 12 years now... Love em both.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Keeping a clone for 12 years is quite impressive! I can see why you kept her!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Were they ever good? Depends on who you ask really. Some ppl say good seeds for cheap prices. Some say cheap shit passed on as decent weed seeds.

I've had both good and bad (their early attempts at fem seeds) experiences with Nirvana.

YEA AND I'M STILL MAD AT THOSE NUMPTIES TOOK MY WONDER WOMAN (the strain) PICTURES AND USED EM FOR MARKETING! Didn't even bother to ask for permission or offer up some freebies.

Other than that, I'm cool with Nirvana Seeds.

I've ran 8 lines from Nirvana. My favorites were Aurora Indica and surprisingly, Critical CBD. I'm not sure I would hunt their regular lines for breeding work but I would buy some cheap fems again.

JockBudman

I know there are a lot of "connoisseurs of fine weed" here on ICMAG, but honestly, when I first started growing, it was bag seed for my first couple runs. And the next step for me was Nirvana gear, and I was really happy with it for the price.

Agreed. Connoisseurs as it were, are usually self-described and basically hype merchants. There are proper connoisseurs on here for sure, but they wouldn't give a shit about who bred the plant if the effect is right for them.

CaptainDankness

They may not be the best but they're far from the worst. For the price they can't be beat, well the Mr. Nice auctions can be a bit cheaper. Thinking about trying some of the new fems they got been about 10 years since my last Nirvana grow but I was definitely happy.

Latest posts

Latest posts