What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is neem oil safe now?

Treevly

Buds are developing on some, and it would be difficult to spray leaves while being certain not to hit some young, developing buds.
Would that be OK?
Thanks.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions out on the interwebs.. I brought some recently and user it for the first time at my gurillea site but not sure if I'll use it on the plant I have in flower that's got about 4 weeks to go.

Would like to hear what the opinion is here too.

LizardMan

I personally would not go pass week one or two of flower, it is organic but its still not safe for smoking or even consumption. As i believe the plant does absorb and hold onto trace amounts of neem... I find it can also fry the pistils on the bud and discolor them.

I use it roughly once a week in my foliar spray as a preventative to PM and bug damage but stop after flower begins and hope at that point all the effort i have done will hold out till harvest

Treevly

Thanks for those answers, very good.

On principle, I don't give too much weight to something being 'natural and organic.' Rattlesnake venom, rabies virus, and thrips are all natural and organic, as are poisonous mushrooms.

I think that I will hold off on the neem this late in the year.

Thanks again. Soap it is.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Yeah agreed thanks for asking the question and thanks lizardman for the answer.. however I brought some Columbian cubensis "poisonous mushrooms" from Camden Market when there was that odd period in time when they were legal if fresh (in the UK).. was one of the best night of my life, though never wanted to do them again.