What's new

Is Liquid Karma worth it?

louie

I use LC's soilless mix #1 (peat, EWC, perlite, lime) with Recipe #1 (blood, bone, kelp, greensand). I water with plain bubbled tap and add blackstrap molasses about week 4ish. I have been getting good results with this basic set up, but wanted to step it up a notch and have been looking into Liquid Karma. I know a lot of people out there use it and was wondering is it really worth the price? And when and how much do you use (when mixing soil or when watering)?

relief

Yes, I think it is. I've used it in soil and hydro and I love the results. I follow the instructions on the bottle.

picture.php

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I think it is, too. Haven't done the controlled experiment to prove it, but it seems to give a little vigor to plants. Funny enough, I just used some for the first time in their lives on my day 14 flowering plants. We'll see how they respond.
I'd say use a little LK. My suggestion is to knock down the concentration of the bottle to 1/2.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everybody seems to be looking for that "extra punch" in organic soil growing. I personally think most of them offer little or no benefit. Liquid Karma contains a lot of good stuff that can help an organic grow if there is a need. It isn't "magic". But I do think it offers the best bang for the buck. It contains humic and fulvic acids, amino acids, carbohydrates (molasses) and micro/macro nutes (kelp).
Burn1

GrüneErd

But I do think it offers the best bang for the buck. It contains humic and fulvic acids, amino acids, carbohydrates (molasses) and micro/macro nutes (kelp).
Burn1

so basically it's great if you would like an all-in-one source for all the above listed, but if you already are providing these beneficial substances to the plants in some way it's not necessary? would that be an accurate statement burnone?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it would cost more to add those ingredients than just buying LK. LK doesn't contain nearly enough humic acid, carbohydrates or kelp for a healthy grow. It's a supplement just like your vitamin supplement. You get most of your vitamins from food but the supplement gives you vitamins you missed in the food you ate. Make sense?
Burn1

solarz

Not really related to LK, but is there any way to harden/tighten up buds when doing an organic based grow?

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The genetics determine the bud structure. Giving the plant what it needs lets it fulfill it's growth pattern.
Burn1

medichron

Yes, it's definitely worth it! In my opinion this is one of the best nutrients out there, i saw a huge boost in growth when i started using it in veg.

Peace,
Medichron:joint:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I RECOMMEND LK, I have to all my friends that grow, now they recommend it

louie louie, if youre using LC #1 WHY doubt the sage that told you about it when he's sayin to use LK? since i started my plants look a little better i have to admit. i think it has something living in it plants like. i know that the dirt i made up from the LC#1 mix you are talking about said that when you use the bone and blood meal and kelp and greensand to water with LK so why you left it out in the first place is kinda beyond me. i have some i mixed up three days ago and it is warm. had some fuzzy shit on top of the whole pile. IT liked it and i'm betting my plants love the hell out of it. its not that much more than anything else out there either, like flora nova etc.
this is gonna be my first new mix in a couple years. my last one stunk and when i txplanted what i had into the LC#1 (no ferts) they got way better than without so i am sure that being planted in it from the start is going to be awesome. besides if you don't put the LK in now you will be buying alot more to be adding it every time you water or when ev.

louie

Yeah Ive slacking on picking up the LK I guess. It sound like I REALLY need to pick it up soon then. Burneone, Relief, Itsallover, Dr.Dog, GruneErd, Medichron, Marquis: Appreciate the info everybody! Knowledge is priceless! I'm going to pick some up tomorrow. Another question for you guys:
So once I use it in the initial mixing of the soil, how often do you use it when watering? Do you use it every watering, every other watering, etc. during flowering? And would I be over doing it (with carbs) if I water with LK and molasses?

I

Iron_Lion

I think molasses works well enough, combined with seaweed excellent results can be had. I've used a few different bottle nutrient lines, I think my best results to date come from homemade teas using quality organic ingredients. I think my teas out perform pureblend pro line up, grow, bloom, LK, hydroguard, and cal mag.

J

JackTheGrower

Okay you know some one would say yuck to LC and that's me.

I run a really organic grow when i grow. A micro environment you can say.

LC is like Plant speed from what i saw when using it.. Plant Meth is more like it. Stimulates then the plants crash. I like the even growth myself..

I actually saw a boost and then the droop when i used it.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
So once I use it in the initial mixing of the soil, how often do you use it when watering? Do you use it every watering, every other watering, etc. during flowering? And would I be over doing it (with carbs) if I water with LK and molasses?

I have used both molasses and LK without any undesireable effects

I use LK every feeding/watering. And I used to the max on directions. LK is liquid trichomes, it is quite impressive the effect it has on plants

with my new batch of soil(less) dirt with the lk in it i plan on not using any other ferts in it (including the lk), like the directions say. just to see how/if this all works.. i need to get molasses tho too. good luck. i am having a hard time waiting the full 10 days for my dirt to "cook". i need to repot NOW and it's tough not to.

thanks for the reply to my pm burnone. (says i can use my dirt now-7 days in)

louie

I just picked up some LK today! Im going to finish out my current run, only a few days left and start the fresh soil with the LK. Appreciate the wisdom as always! now if I could only find some powdered dolomite....the pulzerized is working decent, but I had a slight calcium deficiency which I compensated for with extra molasses....next time im going to add 1/3 more pulzerized as suggested by Von, until I can get my hands on some powdered...any more LK experiences out there, let us know

tjmccoy

Veteran
One thing its pretty gentle, I think it works great on seedlings, does seem like its instantly absorbed for the most part, I'm keeping seedlings/germinating on just lk mistings and some castings, keeps seedlings dark with no burn ever, helps germinating seed with a little more energy imo, also seems to buffer ph to about a 6 when I add it, but you dont want to bubble it like teas should be added right before watering imo. In flower I think it does what it says and increases overall plant health I've heard hear say of increasing size of vascular system in plant or something to that effect

I just picked up some LK today! Im going to finish out my current run, only a few days left and start the fresh soil with the LK. Appreciate the wisdom as always! now if I could only find some powdered dolomite....the pulzerized is working decent, but I had a slight calcium deficiency which I compensated for with extra molasses....next time im going to add 1/3 more pulzerized as suggested by Von, until I can get my hands on some powdered...any more LK experiences out there, let us know

Hydrated Lime can be a fast acting calcium source mixed in water, this is what some aquaponic systems use but then cal mag plus from the same company is pretty handy to have around

Gebr'el

at what ratio to water would you mix the hydrated lime?.......been to afraid to used that stuff i heard it can burn your plants quickly.....thx in advance ;)