What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is K (potassium) translocation within the plant and root true?

HHILL

I have been searching throughout the web to see if K (potassium) will provide translocation within the the root structure and the plant. I have read many scholarly articles about root exudates, rhizosphere, microbes, bacteria and fungal hyphae.

I did find out that Calcium will translocate, if introduced in a concentrated area. (Roots will either tap into it and bring the Calcium to the whole root structure and plant... or shy away from it if it is not needed.)

Nothing I could find about K. Anyone know?

Thanks, HHILL

Dr_Gonzo

Hello! I know it's not very scientific, but I found it: "Potassium is found throughout the plant, being needed for all activities that have to do with (water) transport. These include the opening and closing of the stomata (air holes in the leaf). Potassium also helps determine the sturdiness and quality of the plant and controls countless other processes, such as carbohydrate metabolism."-Zamnesia.