What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it worth the risk to bring back Afghani landraces from a deployment?

Look up 'Alien Technology'
It's an Afghan Landrace brought back to NorCal by a US soldier...

It is everything one would imagine a high quality afghan to be

On a side note...it shouldn't be that hard to find some quality beans...

d25_20684383.jpg

zenoonez

Veteran
Lol TEV nice pic man. Yea I don't doubt it would be hard to find some nice beans but I would try to keep your eye out for those plants that stand out against the rest. Whether that be a color, smell, taste, growth pattern, whatever it may be. I know some people like the piney taste of most afgani stuff but I would be looking for something unique :)

indicasyndicate

That pic is motivating as hell. I don't expect to be able to determine taste or high while I am there. I may get a chance to smoke but I seriously doubt going around sampling the hash like I am in Amsterdam. Most Marines don't smoke and don't think its okay. Getting ratted out is a very real possibility. I think I will primarily be looking for resin production. Afterall, that's what the farmers there have been selecting for for all this time. I am hoping that I see a clear winner that has solid, sturdy growth and a squat stature but those other characteristics should be pretty much universal in Afghanistan.

indicasyndicate

OK, now here is a crazy question. What about also doing the reverse? What if I could trade beans that I bought with a farmer there and possibly effect a change in their life as a farmer? I am sure they have excellent strains growing there now which is why I am interested in bringing some back but perhaps if I found the right farmer, I could provide him with some stable, flavorful genetics that would do well in their country but also add a unique quality to that crop? I seriously doubt it would change the cannabis landscape there especially since they probably dont use cloning so whatever I gave them would just become a small part of that grower's seed crop after just a couple seasons. Just a thought. Blueberry hash or soemthing...

Look up 'Alien Technology'
It's an Afghan Landrace brought back to NorCal by a US soldier...

It is everything one would imagine a high quality afghan to be

On a side note...it shouldn't be that hard to find some quality beans...

d25_20684383.jpg

:yoinks: Wow, If i saw that field of ghani I would go AWOL, dig a hole, and live amongst the cannabis. Become Tarzan of the cannabis!

natrone23

Dude just but them in your pocket or anywhere.

I went to Iraq they don't search you like your prison or something man.

You and hundreds of your buddies are herded through a building where you drop your packs and seabag in front of a person and they quickly look through your shit.......................They are looking for big shit............granades, automatic AK 47 shit like that.

Do you really think the military searches through people pockets ect thousands and thousands military member who fly in and out of there everyday.

I don't know how they use drug dogs though or if dogs can even smell seeds

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Next to your balls, you'll be fine dude. Took seeds past US borders many times.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^agree even with all the security at airports they dont make you empty your pockets just make sure no metal. If your that worried about it put them in a ballon and swallow them you will be diggin in your shit to get them back lol. I have taken beans through many airports no problem.

M

medi-useA

come back safe and well...that's the very first thing!

If you're going to mail beans, here is one to try now, before you go!...wrap an item, in this instance a book, in bubble wrap and puncture 3 or 4 of the bubbles in a tight cluster. Insert beans using tweezers or a straw, fill with some cotton wool or such as needed and whap! a big O'le Sticker on it! Slide it into the parcel bag, seal and post. Ultimately, the bubble wrap can be around anything.

muA

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are very good ways to ship beans. I dont want to post them here as LEO does read these boards.

BPJR

OK, now here is a crazy question. What about also doing the reverse? What if I could trade beans that I bought with a farmer there and possibly effect a change in their life as a farmer? I am sure they have excellent strains growing there now which is why I am interested in bringing some back but perhaps if I found the right farmer, I could provide him with some stable, flavorful genetics that would do well in their country but also add a unique quality to that crop? I seriously doubt it would change the cannabis landscape there especially since they probably dont use cloning so whatever I gave them would just become a small part of that grower's seed crop after just a couple seasons. Just a thought. Blueberry hash or soemthing...

Thats how were loosing our landrace strains. Places like Thailand, Jamaica, and Mexico have imported strains from places such as Holland over the years. It is becoming harder and harder to find non hybridized strains. With the way cannabis reproduces its almost impossible to control pollenation as once it is airborne it can go for miles and miles.

Via my contacts in the region I have 3 seperate landrace indicas coming...... Cant wait!! Im told one is Afgan and two types from Uzbekistan.

Attachments

• beans_004.jpg
    beans_004.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 10

kweb1989

comment and question

comment and question

i dont think it would be hard to smuggle ganja from deployment

when all else fails... Boof it!!! speaking of that...

This may seem gross but then again i hear shrooms are grow in poo... if you collect like dog poo in a like bucket, can you really grow a healthy plant from it? Now dont hurl cause organic people use bird poo and other seemingly nasty stuff....
STRAIGHT DOG CRAP... if your nasty enough mix some perlite!:noway:
so scoop the back yard dog crap, pop seed/clone in the pooo bucket and bam, you got some weed called "The Brown Eye"...
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

619Sativa

It's really not that crazy of a process. Put it in your breast pocket, if they do find it, which I doubt, they will probably think it's a little rock.

Kiffen

Please refrain from doing this. Cash will help those farmers allot more. risking local genetics is not worth it at all. You want to trade, bring cash.

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
I think the seeds are so small, that you could easily find a place to stash em.

Be creative. Hell, you could even "cut yourself and put them under the bandaid.

I would try all the ways. Mail a few letters with a couple in there. Maybe 50 or a hundred. Send them to a trusted friend. Then when you get here, distribute them to a few savvy growers (Ahem) and let the search for a nice cut begin. Whoever you give them to, make them promise to return any keeper plants for your enjoyment. This way it wont take a huge commitement on your part to find the grail.

You can sew them in to your clothes, shoes. I mean, seeds are probably the easiest thing to stash. Besides LSD which can be soaked on to anything. Just ponder a nice spot.

The bottom line is, we are talking about some seeds. Not herion or something. Are you returning from and base or something? Or will you be leaving from a civilian airport? This means a lot as to how to go about getting them here.

You could sew them in to a belt, or something.

Sewing them is probably one of the best things to do. And even if you get x-rayed, I dont think the seeds will be big enough to show up. Even with a few hundred.

Me, personally, I would not leave there whithout getting as many seeds home as possible. I would mails some seeds with every letter. And smiggle some home somehow.