What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it legal ??

E

emerald city

For the maine dept of human services,to have access to infomation that used to be considered PRIVATE under the rules of doctor patient confidentuality ?? [hippa regs] or is it legal for them to expect me to give up my rights under the 4th ammendment and allow then to perform random search and seziures at my home to comply with the new rules DHHS has just put in place to be a legal medical M.J user in the state of maine....i THINK NOT...DHHS is stating us patients have untill jan of 2011 to register with them or run the risk of being out of compliance with the law.......
I can see if you want to run a dispensary,or be a caregiver for multiple patients where a little oversite might be needed.But for the state to step in between me and my doctor and start dictating on how its gonna be.Wanting to have access to ALL my medical records,second guessing the approach my doctor and i have choosen to pursue.then haveng the power to come in my home to check that im compling all so i can have 6 plants to help keep my chronic pain at bay..NOT....SO can anyone tell me if this is legal ?? hopfully the cival liberties union will help fight this new B.S in its tracks...uS mainers have been fighting for access to use medical M.J for over 10 years now...Just leave us legal med patient alone..
i VOTE" NOT" to comply as an act of cival disobedience.Let freedom ring....E.C/out :ying:

E

emerald city

There is BIG buzz going on just behind the sceens on multiply issue's.Calls are being made to the dept of HHS,state reps along with the maine cival liberties union.People of maine voted on a volentear registry NOT manditory[hit list].Way to many violations on our freedoms just to be "legal"..Can you say class action??...................On another front, one of maine's pro medical M.J advocate has had to step down for what appears to be greed related issues....Everybody seems more worried about the money then helping us patients...E.C/out