What's new

Is it legal to join more than one dispensary?

calikush

I've been to a few different mmj dispensaries and I've noticed that in the paperwork that they make you sign on your first visit it says that this is the only place I will get my medicine and that I won't join any other dispensaries/co-ops.

In other words they make it sound like it is illegal to join more than one dispensary (or co-op I don't know what the difference is) and that once I join theirs it is the only one I am allowed to get my medicine from.

Is this true? Is there any law that says I can't join more than one dispensary? Should I be worried if I go to more than one? I know a lot of people go to more than one.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
My brother has had more the 6 delivery/co-ops sign him up and 2 rather new to the area
dispensary's/co-ops sign him up without checking or asking whether he belongs to any other co-op.

vta

Veteran
I've been to a few different mmj dispensaries and I've noticed that in the paperwork that they make you sign on your first visit it says that this is the only place I will get my medicine and that I won't join any other dispensaries/co-ops.

In other words they make it sound like it is illegal to join more than one dispensary (or co-op I don't know what the difference is) and that once I join theirs it is the only one I am allowed to get my medicine from.

Is this true? Is there any law that says I can't join more than one dispensary? Should I be worried if I go to more than one? I know a lot of people go to more than one.

Don't worry about it....there is nothing in 215 that says you can only belong to one collective.

:laughing:
They have a private state wide security program. If they find out you visited another club, they blacklist you. Every club get's the memo by fax or e-mail, they post your face on the wall, and all of them decide unanimously they will no longer accept your money.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Actually its to protect against conspiracy charges.

If they tell you its cool to dispense your overgrow to as many clubs as you want, and one of those clubs isn't doing stuff by the books, well everyone gets investigated.

If they tell you its only cool to dispense your overgrow to one club, then when you get busted moving 100 lbs the club you just sold 1 lb to can say they didn't know anything about the other 99 lbs.

I don't think you have anything to worry about if you're purchasing meds. Just distributing.

vta

Veteran
Actually its to protect against conspiracy charges.

If they tell you its cool to dispense your overgrow to as many clubs as you want, and one of those clubs isn't doing stuff by the books, well everyone gets investigated.

If they tell you its only cool to dispense your overgrow to one club, then when you get busted moving 100 lbs the club you just sold 1 lb to can say they didn't know anything about the other 99 lbs.

I don't think you have anything to worry about if you're purchasing meds. Just distributing.

Naw....even selling...don't worry about it. I couldn't even begin to guess how many clubs I've vended too.

CA that is....no problem:)

Latest posts

Latest posts