What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it DEAD?

leon25

In your opinion can I still save it?
The plant is 3 months old, seems never grew (15cm tall) and now started to become brown ...I have others with same exposition same diet and have no problems.
I was thinking maybe to take it our from the pot and wash the roots...any idea???

Attachments

• 20200815_191935.jpg
    20200815_191935.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200815_191944.jpg
    20200815_191944.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 18

roybart

Try putting it in a high humidity environment it may recover, if not I would dump everything and sterilize the container.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Seed plants? Most likely that one does not want as much nutrient as the others. I'd try diluting your soil a bit and see if that helps.

Pick up a bag of quality seedling mix, something light and fluffy with only a trace amount of nutrients. Mix it 50/50 with the soil you have now and transplant that puppy. Personally, I would drop the plant in a bucket of cool temp, clean water for 15-20 minutes to soften the root ball, then gently tickle as much of the soil out (while under water) as you can easily get. (Yes, washing the roots is a great idea. Good one!)

Gently massage the new mix into the roots, you want to be sure each root is covered in soil. Roots touching roots in soil (during a transplant) tend to rot instead of grow well. :( Once that's done I transplant to a new pot with the new mix and back to business as usual.

I believe this is your issue, so you should see it perk up in a few days and start looking much healthier. :)

leon25

Thanks a lot I tried on one plant and on another one that does not look healthy...I think it could be an excess of Spinosad, I had and still have problems with leafhoppers (outdoors) and maybe the plants got "cooked" by spinosad...btw for me was absolutely not efficient on leafhoppers, they are still jumping happy on my plants! :(

therevverend

Veteran
I'd cull it, no need to keep a diseased scrag around. There's plenty of seeds in this world. I have leafhoppers every year, they've never stunted a plant I'd never use poison on them. Let the spiders, wasps, and ladybugs have some prey to attract them to your plants. All the spinosad did was wipe them out. Some leafhoppers are predatory, in between sips of your plant sap they eat stuff like aphids and spider mites.

Latest posts

Latest posts