What's new

Is is me or do some growers in Cali actually not want pot legalised??

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
if you can grow herb, you can grow food for your family. :D

Haha wise-ass ;)

Here's my 2700 square foot veggie garden, most of it was planted from seed just a few weeks ago so much of it is still quite small in stature:

20 Tomatoes (6 varieties)
12 Peppers (6 varieties)
4 pumpkins
8 watermelon (2 varieties)
4 cantaloupe melon
6 Honeydew melon
4 Yellow Squash
3 Zucchini squash
3 crookneck squash
4 Blue Hubbard Squash
8 Strawberries
Potato patch
sweet potatoes
Row of Broccoli
Row of purple cauliflower
Row of early beets
row of rainbow swiss chard
Row of arugula
Row of green ice lettuce
row of butter lettuce
2 brunswick cabbages
Row of noble spinach
Row of giant spinach
patch of 48 sweet corn
row of tall telephone beans
row of sugar snap peas
row of snow peas
2 Cucumbers
17 eggplants
Row of radishes

Plus an herb garden with chives, cilantro, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme and mints.

I get bored easily and like to water.
:laughing:

nomaad

Veteran
that's lame. a real job = paying taxes?! so whatever job I have does not count if I am a tax resister? I'm not, but hypothetically your argument doesn't hold up.

How about homemakers. They neither get paid nor pay taxes because their JOB is not quantified by income. I could probably crunch out a couple of more reasons why its just nonsense to equate a real job with one that pays taxes. I used to scrape the barnacles off the bottom of drydocked boats. Used heavy solvents sometimes. That summer I would wake up with burning in my lungs. Was it not a REAL job because I didn't pay the taxman his share? Yeah... not buying this one.

Not to mention that more than half our taxes (the federal half) are completely unconstitutional. Show me the legally enforceable statute that requires me to pay federal income tax.

Lazy:" Nice veggie garden. If you like watering so much, come over and water ours! My wife planted out a HUGE veggie graden and then took off for 3 weeks to visit the GPs... the extra 30-40 minutes a day it takes to keep it from crisping up is a major pain in my ass right now.

dagnabit: keep your own bees. split/double/rehab your colonies every year. Colony Collapse disorder has been causing 30-35% losses in colonies (down somewhat from 2007) ... vs a normal 15%... beekeeping practices have to change to balance the losses.

CrazyCooter

Everyone is talking legalization but the bill is tax and regulate. The road to legalization starts with a shitty bill? It was bad legislation that got us into this mess in the first place. Get rid of the bad laws, don't write more of them.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words guys, yeah one of my hippy friends told me to plant flowers, so I transplanted a half dozen day lilies and a bunch of other flowers (jasmine etc) spaced around the whole garden. I also just bought a bunch more flower seeds, gotta keep those bees close by! But I did see a honeybee on one of the flowers ten minutes after planting it, so they're around.

Man I can't wait til it's all grown up and filled in, pictures of 3" tall peas and corn don't make for good photos!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Not to mention that more than half our taxes (the federal half) are completely unconstitutional. Show me the legally enforceable statute that requires me to pay federal income tax.

TRUTH!!!! Taxes are pure BS we DON'T HAVE to pay them! Plus the Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE BANK!!!! Not even a part of our government is that not fucking crazy to anyone other than myself????? Bankers run this country and we need to take it back or in the next 5-10 years we are going to be in some shitty times... Peep the FEMA Death Camps google that shit. Not saying we are all going there but I would like to know why they are being built and who they plan to put there????? I see it being anyone opposing the government in the years to come... Cannabis is ours right now and we HAVE TO KEEP IT THIS WAY!!! Medical is the only way at this time all this new bill is to me is a bunch of new ways to put folks into prison for profit!!! The fact 18yr old people can go fight and die for the country but will be put in jail if caught with cannabis is quite ridiculous. Also I go to jail if some asshole minor steals my crop!!! BUNCH OF NEW WAYS TO IMPRISON PEOPLE FOR PROFIT!!! JACK HERER AND DENIS PERON SAID THEY WERE AGAINST THIS BILL SO STAND UP AND SAY NO!!!!!!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Everyone is talking legalization but the bill is tax and regulate. The road to legalization starts with a shitty bill? It was bad legislation that got us into this mess in the first place. Get rid of the bad laws, don't write more of them.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! :tiphat:

Toyot4

TRUTH!!!! Taxes are pure BS we DON'T HAVE to pay them! Plus the Federal Reserve is a PRIVATE BANK!!!! Not even a part of our government is that not fucking crazy to anyone other than myself????? Bankers run this country and we need to take it back or in the next 5-10 years we are going to be in some shitty times... Peep the FEMA Death Camps google that shit. Not saying we are all going there but I would like to know why they are being built and who they plan to put there????? I see it being anyone opposing the government in the years to come... Cannabis is ours right now and we HAVE TO KEEP IT THIS WAY!!! Medical is the only way at this time all this new bill is to me is a bunch of new ways to put folks into prison for profit!!! The fact 18yr old people can go fight and die for the country but will be put in jail if caught with cannabis is quite ridiculous. Also I go to jail if some asshole minor steals my crop!!! BUNCH OF NEW WAYS TO IMPRISON PEOPLE FOR PROFIT!!! JACK HERER AND DENIS PERON SAID THEY WERE AGAINST THIS BILL SO STAND UP AND SAY NO!!!!!!

please explain how you will go to jail if a minor steals your crop?

this so called minor would be charged with theft, because you are growing a legal crop. Guess what, you can call the cops and tell them that your weed got stolen. Can't do that right now can you?

18yr olds can't legally man up to a bar and drink either, why should pot be any different?

Toyot4

that's lame. a real job = paying taxes?! so whatever job I have does not count if I am a tax resister? I'm not, but hypothetically your argument doesn't hold up.

i meant it more in a sense of people saying they have a job, when in reality they are living in the black market not paying taxes or collecting taxes on the product/service they provide.(prostitution, drugs, etc.)

this is the category that a lot of growers fall under, but i do know there are also the ones out there that are trying their best to pay taxes on the income they get from their yearly crop.

nomaad

Veteran
1. you can call the cops and tell them that your weed got stolen. Can't do that right now can you?

2. 18yr olds can't legally man up to a bar and drink either, why should pot be any different?

1. of course i can call the cops if my crop gets jacked. its a legal collective medical garden.

2. The alcohol thing is a stupid law for the reason that Thundurkle posted. The alcohol taboo is what creates young alcoholics. In europe, where drinking ages are lower, so are the rates of alcoholism in the intermediate ages are the same as in the US where it is illegal for 18-20 year-olds to buy alcohol.

Why should an equally stupid provision be written into the marijuana laws?

Just cuz A doesn't always mean B. Or there would never be any progress at all.

cali2

We need to take shit back from the government not give them more! And especially not this sacred plant. Taxes, really? Thats what your concerned about!! Shit is so broken, but people still cant see what is happening.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Taxes have to be paid. Without them we would have no roads, no water lines, no energy. If you grow weed and don't pay taxes in some other way, then you are basically mooching off the people who pay for those luxuries of civilization.

You growers complaining you might have to get up and get a real job or have to move somewhere else, why don't you jump on the Mexican Mafia bus along with the Vietnamese gangsters who really make bank off of the illegal market of marijuana.

You're complaining about "corporations" taking over when there are fools already doing shit on a scale way more major than you.

You're just profiteering off of unjust fucked up laws.

I'd rather vote for an unjust law that is fucked up because I have to pay taxes on something I regularly use rather than stick with unjust and fucked up laws that put me in prison and fine me out the ass if I get caught slipping.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

You growers complaining you might have to get up and get a real job or have to move somewhere else, why don't you jump on the Mexican Mafia bus along with the Vietnamese gangsters who really make bank off of the illegal market of marijuana.

Get a REAL job?

You my friend.....must never have grown.
:whip:
Well...maybe half dozen plants or so.

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Dude. I'm not saying growing isn't a real job. What I'm saying is, if your job is to grow something that illegal, and distribute it to someone to use which is illegal, and you have a chance to make everything LEGAL and remove the incarcerations, the paranoia, the lameness associated with being a "stoner" and you don't take that chance...

I mean, come on. If you grow now on a large scale. And you don't respect this legislation... then tell me WHAT IS KEEPING YOU FROM CONTINUING TO DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU ALREADY DO?

You fear the price will drop? THEN GO GET A REAL JOB. Growing weed can be a healthy hobby. There are other things we need in a functional society than people who grow other peoples' jail ticket.

cali2

Look at northern California where alot of thier economy is based on marijuana cultivation. You dont think that money doesent end up being taxed down the line. Wether it gets funneled into legitiment buisness or buying goods that are taxed. Taxes are important for our society, but our government needs to be held accountable for how they use our money. Look at our defence budget, its ridiclous. Why people have to get angry at the little guys for "mooching" off of society is beyond me. Big corporations get away with all kinds of tax bullshit. Plus how much will taxing pot really make a difference in the big picture. Its like tryin to put a band aid on a gaping wound. I say that marijuana is too important to just hand over at this point, the time will come when its right not just to make the state a couple a bucks cuz they fucked up with the budget. C'mon guys shes more important than that.Plus in cali if you have a doctors recommondation you shouldnt have alot of problems with the law, unless your doing stupid shit.

cali2

Just a side thought if pot is legalized I think there will be a switch from somkiing flowers to smoking hash. Not sure this is relevant to the conversation but whatever. lol

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Get a REAL job?

You my friend.....must never have grown.
:whip:
Well...maybe half dozen plants or so.

having grown a few gross of plants at a time and been a professional land surveyor...

being a professional grower is NOT a job unless you suck at it.

496 flowering plants and i did not have to spend 40hours a week working at it...

so either your kung fu is weak or you are blowing smoke up someones ass

------------------------------------------------------------------

as for those squealing about how bad taxing can. would be..
i personally want to see can. treated like any other comodoty. TAX IT!!!! normalize it!!! dont tell me how "special" and "sacred" it is..its a fucking plant!!! ive been telling people ITS A FUCKING PLANT for years..
i just cant believe i have to tell people on this site ITS A FUCKING PLANT!!!!! legalize it and treat it like anything else.

if i buy a dozen roses i pay tax,if i buy a bottle of fine wine i get taxed,if i buy herbal medication guess what? im FUCKING TAXED!!!! why should pot be any different

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
having grown a few gross of plants at a time and been a professional land surveyor...

being a professional grower is NOT a job unless you suck at it.

496 flowering plants and i did not have to spend 40hours a week working at it...

so either your kung fu is weak or you are blowing smoke up someones ass

------------------------------------------------------------------

as for those squealing about how bad taxing can. would be..
i personally want to see can. treated like any other comodoty. TAX IT!!!! normalize it!!! dont tell me how "special" and "sacred" it is..its a fucking plant!!! ive been telling people ITS A FUCKING PLANT for years..
i just cant believe i have to tell people on this site ITS A FUCKING PLANT!!!!! legalize it and treat it like anything else.

if i buy a dozen roses i pay tax,if i buy a bottle of fine wine i get taxed,if i buy herbal medication guess what? im FUCKING TAXED!!!! why should pot be any different

holy shit you figured it out!

i just cant figure if i just suck at it, my kung fu is weak, im blowing smoke up peoples ass, or you just don't have a fucking clue what your talking about......most likely the later....

i dont have a 1/4 of your 496 plants and i work way more then 40 hours a week.....

i wish i had it figured out like you...........

by the way, it wont pass...........

Latest posts

Latest posts