What's new

is gravity and PurpleMaxx safe?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Hi guys...

I heard good things about Gravity and purpleMaxx from Humboldt County's Own. But i haven't been able to find any info or humb's website about ingredients, or anything at all.

Where is the information page about those products by Humboldt County's Own?

What are they made of?

Does anyone has a bottle in the nearby and can tell me what's inside?

thanx dudes.

mudvaynefan

Ive got some too.

All I can say is what the hydro guy said, and he is really good, never really pushes one product, so hes not just out for a sale.

He gave me some free, said use it in flower, and its not yet ready for sale, and on the bottle I got it said it used to be stacker, so it used to be a known product, maybe its a case of plain repackaging, pharmicutical industry will market one med for several different ailments if they can.

I was given a stupid stop smoking pill for an anti depressent, made things worse. But, I will be using it, as soon as I can fix my ph problem.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Last edited:

Dr. Bloom

gramsci: Auxin exists in all plants, as well as its antithesis called cytokinin.

Auxin inhibits side-branching, while enhancing vertical growth.
Cytokinin enhances side-branching, while inhibiting vertical growth.

Gravity is meant to stop vertical growth....now which one do you think is in gravity?

Answer:
Gravity contains cytokinin, not auxin.

In addition, how is something that exists naturally in all plants extremely dangerous to humans? I'm stumped to think of how this works, unless it is only dangerous in concentrations much higher than those found in plants.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Dr. Bloom said:
gramsci: Auxin exists in all plants, as well as its antithesis called cytokinin.

Auxin inhibits side-branching, while enhancing vertical growth.
Cytokinin enhances side-branching, while inhibiting vertical growth.

Gravity is meant to stop vertical growth....now which one do you think is in gravity?

Answer:

The plants doesn't work this straight, maybe a combination of auxin and cytokinin works better.

Like when people take heroine and cocaine at the same time to get higher.

I'm still really curious about the ingredients of gravity and PMaxx.

In addition, how is something that exists naturally in all plants extremely dangerous to humans? I'm stumped to think of how this works, unless it is only dangerous in concentrations much higher than those found in plants.

Think to amanita muscaria, a mushroom very typical in center europe.

A very small dose can kill you, a medium dose will make you trippy and can cure some health issues, a big dose will send immediatly to grave.

coolx

Dr. Bloom said:

Answer:
What are you talking about?! Total crap, sorry. It's bushmaster that inhibits vertical growth, gravity hardens the buds, and purple max adds crystal. It isn't derived from stacker, a 'known' product, it was simply renamed from stacker - the exact same product - cos people noticed some of their plants turned purple.

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Well I just bought a bottle of the Purple Maxx tonight. I got some Garberville Purple going and Im hoping that this purple maxx will help bring out some of that color.

I've experimented in different mediums with all of their products, including the famed Bushmaster.

They all work fairly well, the only thing with this line of additives BE CAREFUL WITH DOSAGES. I can't stress it enough, this stuff burns very very quickly, and irreversibly. Start small, work your way up. Tailor your dosages per strain as I have found some strains don't take very well to some additives. If used correctly Gravity can make the buds into ROCKS. I have heard of people getting nuggets so solid and heavy that customers actually disliked it because of the bag content of a properly weighed sack. Gravity should be really be used only after buds have set, to harden them up. Purple maxx should be foliar fed only, with a wettting agent or penetrator (which I use).

Bushmaster ofcourse is kinda offtopic but the shit stop vertical growth and sends them straight into flowering. It's good stuff but even easier to burn with.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
surfingrob said:
I've experimented in different mediums with all of their products, including the famed Bushmaster.

They all work fairly well, the only thing with this line of additives BE CAREFUL WITH DOSAGES. I can't stress it enough, this stuff burns very very quickly, and irreversibly. Start small, work your way up. Tailor your dosages per strain as I have found some strains don't take very well to some additives. If used correctly Gravity can make the buds into ROCKS. I have heard of people getting nuggets so solid and heavy that customers actually disliked it because of the bag content of a properly weighed sack. Gravity should be really be used only after buds have set, to harden them up. Purple maxx should be foliar fed only, with a wettting agent or penetrator (which I use).

Bushmaster ofcourse is kinda offtopic but the shit stop vertical growth and sends them straight into flowering. It's good stuff but even easier to burn with.

yeah they work very well in very small dosage... aren't you warried that they can be harmful to human beings?

It is a possibility that it can be harmful to humans, but we don't know how the plant processes the chemicals, it may intake the harmful chemicals and only allow the the benign components to make its way into the buds. I think until we learn more about these toxins and how they are uptaken we can't say much about their toxicity.

So far, with these additives, it has been hit or miss. Talking to other growers and hydro shop owners, its either "I HATE THIS SHIT IT BURNED MY ENTIRE CROP!!!" or. "Dude, you gotta get this stuff, it's amazing."

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
surfingrob said:
It is a possibility that it can be harmful to humans, but we don't know how the plant processes the chemicals, it may intake the harmful chemicals and only allow the the benign components to make its way into the buds. I think until we learn more about these toxins and how they are uptaken we can't say much about their toxicity.

Humb. say they don't know, but veg. biology is VERY well known. So it's simple a question of taking the list of ingredients to my local biology department and ask them-

So far, with these additives, it has been hit or miss. Talking to other growers and hydro shop owners, its either "I HATE THIS SHIT IT BURNED MY ENTIRE CROP!!!" or. "Dude, you gotta get this stuff, it's amazing."

Yeah i heard that :D

been runnin this shit for years. good ol local product finally making a wave with the masses. if you have veggies that have a perpensity to purp out.id suggest to induce with this and ruhn to finish

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Dr.Kevorkian said:
been runnin this shit for years. good ol local product finally making a wave with the masses. if you have veggies that have a perpensity to purp out.id suggest to induce with this and ruhn to finish

please can you post the ingredients?

You know gramsci, if you are so worried about toxins what are you doing smoking or eating cannabis? If you want to go totally organic use a mix of guanos and liquid bone meal and make teas. Or only smoke cold water bubblehash.

Or call the company and ask for a listing of what they put in their products.

I'm not trying to be an unpleasant poster, but when folks tell you what is in it, you respond with wiki posts about how deadly the stuff is, when wiki is made from the postings of uncredited individuals with very little editing.

Humbolt County's Own is in a business to make money no different than Advanced Nutrients. Right now, those three products have the hype so folks want to buy them.
But you can get Dutch Master Phosopho Load at half the price and it does the same thing. There are all sorts of algae based products on the market and I use Maxicrop myself with great pleasure as it is cheap and effective. Farmers have been growing with algae for centuries; they are safe. For flower I use some Bio Canna with guano or some PK 13/14 also does the trick. And yes, I know PK 13/14 is not organic. It is a risk I am willing to take for successful plants.

I understand your concern. But I feel that the likelihood of 1.5 ml per gallon for five days early in flower for these humbolt products is a far lower risk than the tar generated by a single joint due to asbestos in rolling paper. Yeah, foliar feeding does leave a residue that I take great pains to wash off my plant after several days.

Just my 2 cents,
The Afficianado

The Vermonster

Gravity works fine for me...makes the buds very tight and girthy.....i use weeks 8 and 9 for a 10 week flower cycle......i also use AN's Final Phase which will flush all the chemicals out.....i use it 7-10 days before i harvest so it gives me the piece of mind im not smoking any toxins associated w/ chemicals.......i recommend gravity if used correctly.

N

Neptune

hate to be the snake oil police, again...
but that's what it is, snake-oil.

show me a grower who is producing higher quality/quanity marijuana by using these products than a grower who is using the basic GH Lucas Formula, and I will quit growing weed and take up basket weaving.