What's new

Is eating meat like playing russian roulette

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
What up bro? I dont know if people realize that beef cattle as we know them at one time did no exist. people breed them for the fat content of the meat which of coarse is more tasty but also not really that good for you all the time. venison is a much healthier alternative!

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
AAAaaahhhh, meat....

AAAaaahhhh, meat....

I was told by an old school (45+ yr) farmer a few yrs ago that all meat changed big time during the Clinton yrs. He told J.C. that because the economy got so good u had people that were eating more beef pork chicken etc because they could afford it. We had to start changing things like the grain and adding steroids and shit like that to increase yield. Funny, when he was talking about this I thought about how I had to add PK that week to my girls. :thinking:
He also told me that the chicken we buy today that is called organic and free range and we pay like quadruple the money for it, it is just the same chicken we had as kids, not the crap with chickens stuffed in cages and force fed and shit.
Funny, ever notice a major difference in the steak or beef at WAL-MART vs. SAM's club? :yoinks:

Pretty soon we living in Soylent Green.
:laughing:

the only thing I know for sure and can guarantee you.... if you cut red meat and sugar from your diet and eat more fish fruit and veggies you will have ALOT more energy :) !

BTW "D", on a side note...J.C. tried cutting red meat from diet and lost chub...had to eat the meat to give the gift of life.
:underwater:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I was told by an old school (45+ yr) farmer a few yrs ago that all meat changed big time during the Clinton yrs. He told J.C. that because the economy got so good u had people that were eating more beef pork chicken etc because they could afford it. We had to start changing things like the grain and adding steroids and shit like that to increase yield. Funny, when he was talking about this I thought about how I had to add PK that week to my girls. :thinking:
He also told me that the chicken we buy today that is called organic and free range and we pay like quadruple the money for it, it is just the same chicken we had as kids, not the crap with chickens stuffed in cages and force fed and shit.
Funny, ever notice a major difference in the steak or beef at WAL-MART vs. SAM's club? :yoinks:

Pretty soon we living in Soylent Green.

BTW "D", on a side note...J.C. tried cutting red meat from diet and lost chub...had to eat the meat to give the gift of life.
:underwater:

Sorry to have discount your friend's assertions with facts, but pumping our meat full of hormones began when Bill Clinton was just a 12 year old child.

The US cattle industry started using hormones to enhance beef produciton in 1956. They used DES (diethylstilbestrol) – which had been approved for use in beef cattle in 1954. In the 1970s, US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved six hormone growth promotants (HGPs). These included three naturally occurring hormones – Oestradiol, Progesterone and Testosterone – and three synthetically prepared hormones – Zeranol, Trenbolone, and Melengestrol.

Federal law does NOT permit the use of added hormones in poultry or swine (pigs and hogs), so farmers use antibiotics as growth enhancers.

The Food and Drug Administration approved the use of antibiotics in animal feed nearly 50 years ago, again prior to the Clinton era.

I would never buy my meat from Wal-Mart.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....when people are hungry.....really hungry, then they will eat virtually anything....

....whether its meat, plant, family pet, wall-paper or shoe leather....

...so it is not a real choice that most people have to be able to actually choose to eat only veggies or meat......or just veggies....most of the population have to be omnivorous not by choice but thru necessity ..... initially it's about getting enough good nutrition from around where ever a family lives and into their kids so that they can grow well......usually in this day and age meats and dairy products, cereals e.t.c are attributed to better growth in humans.....so is that true?... or are we led to believe that the better growth in humans can be attributed to growth hormones?

....funny old world....

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
anything that don't kill you...only makes you stronger...I think nature calls it...adaptation?

sometimes doing things the old way is a sucker bet

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's expensive in the US to eat healthy.

My wife and I both changed our diets almost a year ago and it's tough to buy food without sugar and white flour. We pay almost double for groceries then we did before. You're also very limited on things to buy.

G

Guest3498

More than anything, this makes me wish I still lived near a whole foods...

sac beh

My wife and I both changed our diets almost a year ago and it's tough to buy food without sugar and white flour. We pay almost double for groceries then we did before. You're also very limited on things to buy.

Very true. Depending what city you're in and what type of diet you need, the cost of healthy foods can be a barrier, because healthy foods usually aren't subsidized by huge factories and networks of corporate farms.

I've found eating healthy in almost any country besides the US to be easier, as the presence of factory farms and mass-production of food is less.

But in the end realize that food is about the most important item you'll ever spend money on, and if it costs more well you'll probably be receiving a greater benefit in overall health and well-being.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran

good point! it is almost cheaper to eat steak every night.
He said"Growth hormones".They make things bigger not smaller.:tiphat:

:laughing: :moon:

B

Blue

Can you bake your own bread JJ?

I used to suffer acid from white bread but now I make my own fresh brown every two days for less then the cost of two whole grain loafs from a shop. You do need to buy a food mixer of course, you can also add different seeds like we do.

El Toker

I love animals, particularly when they are well done with a side helping of vegetables. I've no doubt that I could survive on a vegan diet, but no notion of why I would want to.

I've never seen any convincing evidence to support the idea that a meat-dairy free diet improves health or longevity. On the other hand I have seen plenty of weak, pale anorexic looking vegans who clearly were suffering from one or more nutritional deficiencies. I'm sure there are some healthy looking vegans out there, somewhere, but I've personally never come across any.

Theres no question that people eat whatever they can to live- and they should. But for the majority of the people consuming the majority of the meat- in industrialized nations with factory farms-
I feel that those people have lost their relationship to their food. Everything is so processed now that it loses its identity, how easy it is to forget that "meat" is animals, lol.

I just feel that eating meat on a regular basis racks up a lot of bad karma that is easily avoidable- and vegetarianism is so much healthier too- some day your colon will thank you! lol.

Some people don't know any better, and others turn their heads from the suffering and continue scarfing their delicious cheeseburger, or just don't care. Meat tastes damn good, there's no denying it. But for me it seems like a selfish reason to support it.:rant:

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
When I have encountered vegaterians I have noticed that they usually look sick to me.

Anybody have a idea how I can attach bull horns to my bbq?

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
I love animals, particularly when they are well done with a side helping of vegetables. I've no doubt that I could survive on a vegan diet, but no notion of why I would want to.

I've never seen any convincing evidence to support the idea that a meat-dairy free diet improves health or longevity. On the other hand I have seen plenty of weak, pale anorexic looking vegans who clearly were suffering from one or more nutritional deficiencies. I'm sure there are some healthy looking vegans out there, somewhere, but I've personally never come across any.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...s celebriies&FROM=LKVR5&GT1=LKVR5&FORM=LKVR10 :D