What's new

Is domestic mail being checked in UK

T

Terps

I recieved uk cheese in thailand by mail from uk in a foil bag in a jiffy bag no trouble ,no smell foil bag rinsed in bleach as were the senders hands,with printed address =no hand writting and a printed company logo on the address label.A

Your a brave man lol.

MJBadger

Veteran
they cant possible x ray every fricking letter coming thro the mail??

They don`t , just the ones they think are iffy . Country of origin , weight size & packaging , any addy that has been flagged for whatever reason .
I have successfully sent seeds to USA & have received from Thailand & Australia with no probs .

Andyo

Veteran
Thai post

Thai post

They have phases here,2011 they even looking in jiffys by making small gap in envelope corner ,i had 3 seed deliverys to false name po box could see theyd tampered but not seized ,maybe looking for cash.

Another time just on 6th sense and a look the post guy gave me at sub office ,i handed jiffy told him EMS please he asked whats in it ,i told truth trace elements,send to S.korea

ok i got out side n thought hmm im sure my po box fee due must be 6 mnts up now
i drove the 30 mins to main post office said to girl i think my po box rent due ,she asked what name ,oh they allready had my post file out with 3 others and rent not due for 4 weeks fukers
End of that name.

e

W

willyweed

i use a screw top plastic container ,super wrapped in tape,to be sure .never had a prob.all the best.never ever sent to a running opp,for obvious reasons! peace.ww

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 'smelly proof bags' that some places sell certainly didnt stop the smell of my weed. 3 one inside the other just about worked.

are the mylar ones better?

my weed really stinks, i tend to use old weed that the smell has faded on if i need to take it anywhere where there might be dogs etc

VG

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
the 'smelly proof bags' that some places sell certainly didnt stop the smell of my weed. 3 one inside the other just about worked.

are the mylar ones better?

my weed really stinks, i tend to use old weed that the smell has faded on if i need to take it anywhere where there might be dogs etc

VG

The heat seal mylar bags are 100% smell proof if you don't get any smell on the outside. It is non permeable, no odour molecules make it through the mylar. If it is only a sealy bag type one then the weak point is the grip-seal part but as I say, the heat sealed ones are the on to use.

Gry

Veteran
With US mail, a digital image of each package or envelope is stored for future reference.

S

SPG.

jus' a thought
Surely if "weed" was sent abroad and their "customs" x-raying machine was'nt able to Penetrate Foil wrapped packages they would pull it aside and manually check it!?

MJBadger

Veteran
Watching the Customs at work on tv shows foil is not effective against x-ray . They have showed 100`s of packages/parcels with something iffy & all contained foil sheets . And yes if they have any suspicion it`s manually searched .

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Watching the Customs at work on tv shows foil is not effective against x-ray . They have showed 100`s of packages/parcels with something iffy & all contained foil sheets . And yes if they have any suspicion it`s manually searched .

Nobody said the foil was effective against x-ray. It is 100% against smell. Dog proof!
Aus puts everything through the x ray. Here in the UK, even international mail doesn't all go through, they profile packages and scan the likely targets. The foil blocks the x-ray, but the presence of something blocking the x ray raises a flag.

People are sending millions in drugs through the mail every single day.
The postman brought SWIM's dog some LSD very recently:biggrin:

S

SPG.

Heard that foil blocks the X-ray = Arouse's suspision
For Inland mail 3 Equal size click-lock bags inside a sealed takeaway box is perfect

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Heard that foil blocks the X-ray = Arouse's suspision
For Inland mail 3 Equal size click-lock bags inside a sealed takeaway box is perfect

Internal mail in the UK doesn't go through x rays, nor does it get sniffed.
I wouldn't trust plastic for smelly weed. Heat seal mylar is the best for internal mail.
I've bought fancy coffee in plastic bags, and I've bought it in Mylar, I've never smelled it through the mylar.

Takeaway boxes are fantastic for crush protection, but I would use a grip-seal/sandwich bag, inside mylar, in the takeaway container.
There is nowt you can do about x-rays that won't raise a flag.

mack 10

Veteran
Some good tips in here, Heat sealer and thick plastic are your friend. You must be clean of any product,including no smoking when you do the packaging, Always put your sealed herb into another hard container,(tupperware) as some posties are known to stick a pin through the package.
It will pop any bags inside and release the smell. Most know about them ripping the corner or edges so use good packaging/envelopes. Most postal workers at the depot dont want the hassle of taking the package to there managers plus the volume of packages that they have to get through is immense.
Use printed label's and signed for/tracked postage and you should be sweet.

Latest posts

Latest posts