What's new

Is civilization about to fall?

Bulldog11

Veteran
WHAT!!!! You think in California there is a 10 degree drop. You are so full of shit it is amazing. Lets look it up, what city?

Your first point.... that isn't what you said if your first post. You said, "you have not taken the fact that you cannot 'remove' nukes from planet earth. They cannot be dismantled, they were made to be detonated." This is bullshit.

There are no active nukes that are out there. If there were, we would know. People would have gotten there hands on them or try to sell them. There is no evidence of this. There are stories of Russian suit case bombs missing, but let me tell you... They would have already been used if they had been found, period. The only way they wouldn't get used is if a country that already had nukes found them. In that case, they already have nukes so what is the difference?

"Pandemic is a pandemic, bird, pig, still evolving and spreading." = Ignorance at it's best. There are new strains of flu every year that spread all over the world. That classifies as a pandemic. That is why you always have to get new flu shots, because the virus mutates. Don't get all panicked just because this particular stain is getting news coverage. I am still not sure you understand the differences.

Bulldog11

Veteran
I googled 2009 Santa Anna winds and I find countless stories like this one. Stop smoking crack.

What winter? Santa Ana winds keep Calif. warm and dry
Updated 1/14/2009 6:24 PM | Comments 14 | Recommend 3 E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this
Jean Hooper, 45, hula-hoops on Venice Beach in Los Angeles on Wednesday. While winter blasts the rest of the nation, temperatures have been in the 80s in Southern California. "This is our winter," she says. "That's why I'm doing my happy hula dance."
Enlarge image Enlarge By David Zentz, AP
Jean Hooper, 45, hula-hoops on Venice Beach in Los Angeles on Wednesday. While winter blasts the rest of the nation, temperatures have been in the 80s in Southern California. "This is our winter," she says. "That's why I'm doing my happy hula dance."

CALIFORNIA'S WEATHER
Current weather, forecasts, averages
Weather and water at state's beaches
Graphic: The state's two seasons
Weather for travel planning

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Southern California basked in summerlike warmth again Wednesday and forecasters said the Santa Ana winds responsible for pushing highs into the 80s would continue into the weekend.

Warnings of fire danger due to gusty winds and prolonged low relative humidity were to remain in effect until Saturday night in the mountains of Los Angeles and Ventura counties, the National Weather Service said.

A lesser fire weather watch was issued for the coasts and coastal valleys for the period from Thursday evening through Saturday evening.

Dry offshore flow is expected to last into Tuesday, but winds will have weakened below critical levels by Sunday, according to the forecast. Humidity levels will remain very low until onshore flow returns Tuesday afternoon, the NWS said.

Downtown Los Angeles reached 81 degrees before noon Wednesday. Temperatures in the 70s and 80s were reported across San Diego, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Bulldog11

Veteran
This thread is pointless, I have already wasted too much time here. Keep on spewing your bullshit, maybe some other sheep will follow what you say. People that think for themselves will see your bullshit for what it really is, a cry for attention. Peace out.

bakelite

Anyone here read the book "The Long Emergency" by James Howard Kunstler? That book scared the crap out of me! Our insane dependence on oil for just about everything from fuel, to material processing, plastics and most disturbing fertilizer. Earth is living beyond its means and i'm not just talking about global warming and pollution etc., I'm talking food production. If/when there is a severe disruption in oil production the world economy is going to come to a screeching halt. Scary stuff.

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope I fizz out in a nuclear event...I don't want to march into a gas chamber because the goverments have labeled me a Carbon Predator....a terrorist...even grandma is a terrorist until proven innocent.

Whether she falls or not...the goverments are plannig for everyone to behave as if it's gonna fall...and they are using your tax dollars to buy sound and microwave cannons to mutate our organs and make grandma deaf....yes, the republic has fallen already...and it' global...this is pre-2012...some have gotten a head start like the rabbit did to the turtle...yeah...turtles vs, rabbits....

cashmunny

Anyone here read the book "The Long Emergency" by James Howard Kunstler? That book scared the crap out of me! Our insane dependence on oil for just about everything from fuel, to material processing, plastics and most disturbing fertilizer. Earth is living beyond its means and i'm not just talking about global warming and pollution etc., I'm talking food production. If/when there is a severe disruption in oil production the world economy is going to come to a screeching halt. Scary stuff.

Oil won't run out all at once. It will just gradually become more and more expensive as supplies dwindle. This will take decades. Market forces will dictate that when alternative energy becomes more cost effective it will become the predominant form of energy used. The price point at which that happens will be quite high though and people will have to adjust to the fact the cheap energy will be gone for good. What is much more likely is that before oil is even close to running out war will disrupt the flow of oil from the middle east and that will create MASSIVE problems.

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
We are poisoning our water supply ever day. The only thing the whole planet, human or not we need. It's the only thing pertaining to this discussion I am sure of.

nomaad

Veteran

Yeah I have read it... along with a dozen or so other books on and related to the subject. Good information.

IWanaGetHiSoHi

Paradise Seeds decent version of a Super Shiva. Durga is an incarnation of Pavarti (or form of Kali) who is the Wife of Shiva, mother of Ganesha demon slayer etc etc (depending on which version you read)

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I don't think countries are gonna take each other on. I think greedy rich folks have already transcended conventional borders with global economics. Reverend Moon and the Bush cartel together purchased 1.2 million acres in Paraguay that sits atop the world's largest (until now) unclaimed aquifer. It wasn't a fortunate accident. When fresh water starts to dwindle, it will become the world's single most lucrative commodity over night.

The US Treasury chief is printing money 24/7 for the sole purpose of allowing "too big to fail" banks to get bigger. Greed, plain and simple.

The US used to be the world's manufacturer. Now our biggest exports include cardboard and scrap metal we sell to the Chinese. They make products from it and sell back to us. Makes me want to puke.

We've (US) gotta get our imperialistic asses outta other peoples' affairs. Spreading democracy and nation building are too often code words for exploitation at the end of a gun.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Civilization is either gonna change or fall... the choice is up to every human being on the planet to decide if they are going to self-honest and stand as one and equal beside all our brothers and sisters of the cell and realize that we have the power... not a handful of SNAKE pricks that try and program each and every one of us even before were born

HEAR HEAR!!!

antimatter

Veteran
luckily I won't have to worry about Tsunamis or freshwater shortages, or lack of energy any time soon. Food is the one thing I worry about about, long winters have there downsides.

C

cork144

Civilization is either gonna change or fall... the choice is up to every human being on the planet to decide if they are going to self-honest and stand as one and equal beside all our brothers and sisters of the cell and realize that we have the power... not a handful of SNAKE pricks that try and program each and every one of us even before were born

atleast i know some people are making scence

fuck the corrupt banking system, fuck the elites and all they stand for.

prepitual growth and sustainability do not work, end of, we are infact doomed, if we do not do somthing about what is happening.

unforciantly so many have been preconditiond to the "official" version of life, that real change seems to me atleast, neer impossible.

lockehead

I dont even think the "Fall" of civilization would be due to shit like wars and pandemics... Im more concerned that our world is "progressing" so quickly... I mean, compare today to a century ago and youd see shit was SO much different... life was different, how people lived and thrived was different... I think the world just needs to "slow" a bit and settle the fuck down. Seems like we modern humans have some thirst for innovation, whether be in the name of technology... or more jobs or whatever. What i wanna know is, when are we going to realize that what were doing is probably not the best fucking thing we should be doing to the planet and ourselves? That what were doing right now is perpetuating our own fucking doom? Are we ever going to be satisfied with our current lives and state of existence (im not talking about developing or 3rd world countries, as I believe they can still benefit from technology) ? I hope i do live to see the day that the world is satisfied and comes to its senses that the technology today, is far more than we ever really need to enjoy life.. imagine that huh

nomaad

Veteran
Food is the one thing I worry about about, long winters have there downsides.

that's why I have a fallback position set up in the tropics. we're doubling food production there every year. top of the watershed. plenty of water.

Ganglere

Bears in the wood...

Bears in the wood...

It's the bear you don't see that gets you...

The Inka were on their peak, numerous people were subjugated, agriculture were blooming, and they had an army their part of the world had never matched before.
They probably lived in fear, fear of their gods, drought, illness and spousal infidelity...
What they obviously did not fear was a small gang of hairy men on a pleasure cruise. However, when these men met the peeps who during the last century had lost (some of) their power and privilledge, greed and bitterness forged an alliance that crushed the Inka. In the end, the alliance spelled doom for all but the hairy yachters.

Many might claim that we're SO much more advanced than the peoples of old. But the fact is that our advances are so poorly distributed. Nobody on earth can build a computer on their own, every part of it requires speciallised knowledge. At the same time, religion has a stronger hold on minds than it has had for a long time, and it appears to become stronger all the time.
Combine this with extreme oppression, lack of respect for human rights and an economic system that is totally unfair, who knows what alliances of convinience might be established?

And who knows wich bears are hiding in the undergrowth just waiting to pounce on us?
Everything ends, stars, galaxies, even the atoms of the universe will break apart given enough time. Therefore it's safe to say that our contemporary civilisation(s) WILL end, with a certainty of a hundred per cent. But the probability of the end in any given period of time is somewhere between zero and a hudred per cent. This, in my opinion, rather large uncertainty makes it kinda hard to say when...

It'll be a ride no matter what, so I'll just light my spliff and sit with my favourite girl and watch the show. We all have a lifetime to spend on this ball hurtling through cold vacuum, and you're free to spend it full of dread for what might be in store for you. But if you're gonna hate me for not sharing your masochistic fear, well, fuck you :nanana:

And now I'm gonna change the tyres on my car, not due to fear of the snow and ice that'll soon be falling, but because being prepaired just makes good sense :moon:

CANNACO-OP

Farmassist
Veteran
"
the problem they had 250+ years ago, was they had absolutely no comprehension of bacteria. here in the u.k where the plague did some of its best work! people used to chuck their shit and piss into the road sometimes all over other people!

so you know we, as individuals, are a bit more advanced than the peasants that lived in europe the 1300's. "

Advanced yes....but now we have giant world corporations and such doing the same thing, but on a global scale....chucking their shit and piss all over us and our countries......Canna

ddrew

Veteran
This is some serious alarmist shit.
The OP needs to do some big time fact checking on that original post.

Latest posts

Latest posts