What's new

is canna boost worth it??

grow101

2nd that. Use it with the application of pk13/14 for a week and you will see an increase over the usage of just pk13/14.

you could skip boost and simply buy some triacontanol, which is the secret ingredient in boost.

Dkgrower

Veteran
i dont think it is worth it, to damm expensive i use molasse..

@HAmmer, i recently tryed out that bio, try and taste it..=)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no I dont think I will e tasting the nutrients. Canna Products are highly recommend. This will be the first time I have there boost. I dont think this is the same as Molasses. I will read the ingredients to see what so expensive there is a reason why it is I just dont know what yet. the rest of there stuff is top notch nutrient's. I was using PBP with sweet with PK13/14.

walindour

I have used Boost quite a bit and it does work but I can't keep dropping the cash required to keep using it. Time to Google triacontanol to see if 1971 is on to something.

Grizz

Veteran
i love canna nutes but i wouldent use the boost at that price . the pk13/14 does me just fine, its a total rip off and waste in my opinion,

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well I was running organics.. not salts with there boost. I was running bio-boost in a organic setup, and the results seem I'm not gonna keep using it..

now I know they say, use p/k if using bio-boost. but why make bio-boost if it's organic to then turn around ans use chem???

so anyways I used bio-boost. I increased my P/K a couple week ahead, and gave them ramped versions of p/K throughout flowering.. my results is don't waste your money. it seemed some plants grew bigger using boost, and some didn't which tells me that's most likely just the plants ( root structure , lighting ... ) and maybe the ones that got boost and were bigger would have just be plain out bigger.. as not every plant I fed boost to weighted more..

to me, what I saw, is that the plants got a tad shorter using boost. I also used it starting at week 2. I didn't want to hit them early when they are switching hormones.. also ran 6-8ml per half gallon which is 12-16 ml a gallon

can't really say I saw more trichs or a different smell to them ?????

some how I always keep coming back to the phrase. the simpler the better

you can score 5g of Triacontanol off amazon or ebay for like 22 bucks. now you'll need to buy polysorbate-20, but that too is super cheap :)

but going back to the original question... no, boost is not worth the price.

something to also consider... cycocel and B-Nine WSG... both of which can be found in generic form :)

T

thefatman

you can score 5g of Triacontanol off amazon or ebay for like 22 bucks. now you'll need to buy polysorbate-20, but that too is super cheap :)

Polysorbate-20 is just an emulsifier (as is detergent). Triacontanol is best used as a foliar application Emulsifying it in watewr just makes application easier and more efficient as less is used. An emulifier does not make it a product that is as effective when added to reservoir nutrients. Polysorbate-20 is just an emulsifier (as is detergent). Triaconanol is best used as a foliar application Emulsifying it in watewr just makes application easier and more efficient as less is used. An emulifier does not make it a product that is as effective when added to reservoir nutrients.

Would I recommend Canna Boost? Not unless your using an old media that has a high CEC that will not come out through aan acceptable amount of flooding/flushing. What Triancontanol works best for is making nutrient available even when their are an excess of salts in absorbent growing medias. It really seems to not make any real yields from increased nutrient uptake when their are not an excess of salts locked up in the media.

T

thefatman

but going back to the original question... no, boost is not worth the price.

something to also consider... cycocel and B-Nine WSG... both of which can be found in generic form :)

Wow, I myself would not use these products for anything I would smoke or eat. Most generally they are only recommended for ornamentals.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bio Boost is cane sugar. I wont be buying more. I needed to try it. I have other stuff that works as well or better.

Latest posts

Latest posts