What's new

is california really "all that" for grower's?

river rat01

lets say that you live in a marijuana repressed state and you saw that show on MSNBC that the've been running recently about marijuana growing in cali. - i think its called marijuana inc.

and you see this grower with his backyard garden saying that it is worth $500,000, so you say, fuck this crappy state i'm in, i'm going to cali where no one will fuck with me and i can get rich or at least make some damn good money.

is that really the way it is out there?
is it really possible?
its got to be better there than here.

SkareCrow

you don't get rich off marijuana

he was a medical grower so unless you have a reason for a 215 then its not all that freindly just more lienient

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know about all that but a normal grower could easily produce enough meds in just one summer grow to last all year.

I did a outdoor grow in the Bay area even though we lived closer to Sacramento with just having 5 plants gave me 144 quart jars stacked full in the closet. The late summer offshore winds keep the buds dry all the way into October some years.

S_a_H

river rat01

you dont???
thats news to me.

well its got to be better than where i am.
in cali im sure a 1st or 2nd offender would only get probation.
where i am.. i'd be ass raped for 50 years.

M

movingtocally

you don't get rich off marijuana

he was a medical grower so unless you have a reason for a 215 then its not all that freindly just more lienient
All of what you said is false.

A)Most people don't get rich off of marijuana, but you certainly can.
B)Anybody can get a 215, and anybody with friends can become a caretaker and have state validated cover for a big fucking grow.

OP, as I've come to find out in great detail in the past few months(from friends, I'm not even growing right now, and I'd never deal)it's just not as easy as it sounds. First, people talk, and people often know what's up even if you're quiet. When a good percentage of the populous is financially fucked, knowing someone has six figs worth of anything growing in your house is not exactly a safe situation. So there is the criminal element to consider. Second, you can't just walk down the street and sell pounds of herb to strangers without fear. It doesn't work like that. While the marijuana trade is, in many circles, a different animal than the rest of the illicit drug trade, people get crazy with lots of money in front of them. Moreover, growing a massive op isn't as easy as some people think. It's a full time job, and then some-you'll need help.

And even if you sell strictly to the clubs, the weed must be absolutely spectacular. Most weed gets turned away.

Moving to california to start your life as a pot dealer is a pretty awful idea, all told

river rat01

maybe so but there are people doing it right now.
whats that saying?
some say it cant be done while others are doing it.
and they are in a WAY better financial situation than me.

M

movingtocally

maybe so but there are people doing it right now.
whats that saying?
some say it cant be done while others are doing it.
and they are in a WAY better financial situation than me.
Sure, you can do it. I'm just saying it's not easy ,and there is a serious chance you'll end in in prison, on the streets, or in chained box somewhere in the Pacific. It's an underground world still, with lots of shady characters.

Just know you're not getting into some mom and pop, 60's child, happy go lucky hippy shit. This is serious shit with people who don't give two fucks about herb, who carry guns, and use them. This is about money. Nothing else.

Alas, can it be done? Sure. You'll need at least 8 to 10 grand starting off so you can get 4-5 months rent paid while grow/harvest, plus security deposit. Plus equipment. Plus trip out there. Plus new california everything-drivers license, DMV fees, registration, 215 appointment+registration, etc. etc. etc.

defeatedtea

B)Anybody can get a 215, and anybody with friends can become a caretaker and have state validated cover for a big fucking grow.

OP, as I've come to find out in great detail in the past few months(from friends, I'm not even growing right now, and I'd never deal)it's just not as easy as it sounds. First, people talk, and people often know what's up even if you're quiet. When a good percentage of the populous is financially fucked, knowing someone has six figs worth of anything growing in your house is not exactly a safe situation. So there is the criminal element to consider. Second, you can't just walk down the street and sell pounds of herb to strangers without fear. It doesn't work like that. While the marijuana trade is, in many circles, a different animal than the rest of the illicit drug trade, people get crazy with lots of money in front of them. Moreover, growing a massive op isn't as easy as some people think. It's a full time job, and then some-you'll need help.

And even if you sell strictly to the clubs, the weed must be absolutely spectacular. Most weed gets turned away.

Moving to california to start your life as a pot dealer is a pretty awful idea, all told

Thats bull shit, SO MANY CLUBS IN SoCAL sell shit weed.
Thats the dumbest fucking fallacy I've heard in awhile.
All the weed that clubs sell are NOT "absolutely spectacular"
I'm sorry that's just retarded.

M

movingtocally

Thats bull shit, SO MANY CLUBS IN SoCAL sell shit weed.
Thats the dumbest fucking fallacy I've heard in awhile.
All the weed that clubs sell are NOT "absolutely spectacular"
I'm sorry that's just retarded.

Let me clarify-it must have high marketability. In more savy clubs, particularly in the Bay area, good weed gets turned down constantly. I know this for a fact, I'm not talking out of ass here. This is tenfold for indica's.

Most of the shit that is in the clubs in CA is very, very good. I know there is a tendency amongst stoners to be anti authority, and the clubs can be seen as the mainstream. Nonetheless, I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran

Item "B" is false...the State Supreme court has determined you have to have an extensive caretaking role in the patients life Before and other than providing medicine.

ReeferRon

Trust when I tell you marijuana is far from easy to profit from. Even in a state like Cali the risk are.... many. If you can pull it off there, you can do it in any state. It's all about planning, risk management, marketing, and of course ability. All need to be practiced and honed before profits roll in, just like all business.

Actually if you did the research I think you would find much greener pastures in other marijuana friendly states. Cali is overrun by growers creating competition thus reducing profits. Never good for someone trying to earn a living.

I guess my point is: The skills it takes to become a successful marijuana cultivator in Cali can be put to much better use elsewhere...IMO.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
The only people getting rich of MJ is the end seller. They have the least overhead and the biggest profit by far. But they also take a hue risk by having many more involved in their "Loop". If your the grower........forget it. You'll pay your bills.......... but don't expect to get rich unless you can run a HUGE operation.

Even though it's legal to grow meds in Cali..........Its still risky biznus and there hundreds of people in prisons state wide for growing.........."Legal Meds".

Don't believe everything you see on TV. 99% of it is bullshit.

biggertom

I wouldn't consider California to be a 'gold mine' any more than any of the other states that are MMJ compassionate.
The CA MMJ market is way oversaturated. If you are out to make your own medicine, you're good. But there is no garauntee of a green gold mine out West. The previous insights provided here have been thoughtfully considered.:joint:

Last edited:

BongBeezy

I moved from a non medicinal state to California and haven't visited any other medicinal states but I'd say we have a unique business niche over here because it's been around in Cali since 1999 there are thousands of delivery services and dispensaries. It's super easy to get your doctor's recommendation and once you do there's grow shops in every gentrified city to get supplies at. You can buy clones and mothers at the dispensaries. Everything you need is here from legit documentation to grow to the genetics imo.

KottonmouthLabs

It is great here but also flooded with purple everywhere and everyone n their mother grows.
So keep it small and for personal use and dont try to turn it into a cash cow. Enjoy our freedoms not abuse them

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
The only people getting rich of MJ is the end seller. They have the least overhead and the biggest profit by far. But they also take a hue risk by having many more involved in their "Loop". If your the grower........forget it. You'll pay your bills.......... but don't expect to get rich unless you can run a HUGE operation.

Even though it's legal to grow meds in Cali..........Its still risky biznus and there hundreds of people in prisons state wide for growing.........."Legal Meds".

Don't believe everything you see on TV. 99% of it is bullshit.

Actually the end sellers aren't getting rich either. Shit I wish, but alas the government requires that I pay taxes and shit, and the growers who bring the quality get the cash, and because some of us belive in providing the best quality at fair prices to the patients, we get the squeeze for the huge mother fucking risks we take. I mean it's really not that hard to get my real name ect, because I am a legit medicine provider.

But yeah it really isn't all that for growers because there are so many skilled peeps who have been doing it for DECADES who have their game down.

Also many localities are becoming downright hostile to mmj. The feds have stopped doing their dirty work and now they are trying to find other ways to fight mmj. Seriously go somewhere else that is just opening up and be one of the first.

SvenB

Lol, End selling is the most profitable, thats 100% false. The grower has the highest profit margin by far, BY FAR. Im not sure where youre getting your information but Ive been at both ends of the stick in my life and I can tell you without a doubt where the most profit is, and no its not the easiest thing(not the hardest either) to profit from.

From what Im told about cali its really only cool if youre going there to grow your own meds.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
lets say that you live in a marijuana repressed state and you saw that show on MSNBC that the've been running recently about marijuana growing in cali. - i think its called marijuana inc.

and you see this grower with his backyard garden saying that it is worth $500,000, so you say, fuck this crappy state i'm in, i'm going to cali where no one will fuck with me and i can get rich or at least make some damn good money.

is that really the way it is out there?
is it really possible?
its got to be better there than here.

Noooooo!!! Cali will give you herpes and AIDS!! Do not move here!! Nobody!!
We have enough Rookies as it is!!!:nanana: