What's new

is a crossbow considered a firearm by the feds?

G

guest3901

i can reload my crossbow pretty quick . and as far as accuracy mine is very accurate . i would only need one gutshot and the bolt would continue to the spine and your toast .i do agree on most shots are bleeders and would give the victim of the shot some time possibly . all i can say is practice alot dont expect to be a great shot without hours put in practicing.
hey superman...you sound knowledgeable on xbows..ive always wanted one.
Is there a certain brand you recommend?

supermanlives

Veteran
i am a barnett fan . i have had sevceral models. my favorite is the revolution xs. the reason being as it is 2 pieces making it easier to pack. good stats too. 160 lb draw. 340 fps 7.9 lbs tho

So quick question? If you live in a "legal" Med State and have a rec. Are you not allowed to keep firearms? So MMJ = give up your 2nd Amend. Rights????

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Considering even a simple baseball bat will get you charged with felony posession of a deadly weapon in California, I decided that having a gun is really no worse and is far more effective.

I also have a shitload of functional battle axes, spears, swords, maces, flails, knives and a pistol crossbow, but they're all stashed in boxes in the garage.

supermanlives

Veteran
everything gets you in trouble in cali LOL i too have quite a few stashed away in boxes. i blame it on being stoned latenight and watching those damn knife shows . sometimes i would order a whole lot just for a few pieces as sometimes you cant get some stuff seperate

G

guest3901

i am a barnett fan . i have had sevceral models. my favorite is the revolution xs. the reason being as it is 2 pieces making it easier to pack. good stats too. 160 lb draw. 340 fps 7.9 lbs tho

Hey thanks...il check it out ..:joint:

M

mugenbao

Huh. I never thought about this question, and apparently I should have. I have no interest in firearms now, even though I have owned several in the past, but I do have a bow and a crossbow in the house. I also have a variety of melee weapons. It simply never occurred to me that those weapons might work against me legally similar to a firearm. I will have to contact my lawyer and find out how that works in my area.

Glad you brought it up :)

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
So quick question? If you live in a "legal" Med State and have a rec. Are you not allowed to keep firearms? So MMJ = give up your 2nd Amend. Rights????
Nope sure don't. The questions on most of our gun forms in Mi ask if you are an 'illeage marijhuna" user. So, nope I R legal. Some members of law enforcement may feel differently. Feel free to post we kno u r watchin.

Nope sure don't. The questions on most of our gun forms in Mi ask if you are an 'illeage marijhuna" user. So, nope I R legal. Some members of law enforcement may feel differently. Feel free to post we kno u r watchin.
On the michigan medical marijuana forum, a member recently posted a copy of his arrest report and sentencing with his name blurred out. He was 100 percent legal, but was charged with intent to distribute based on the ounce in his car. The licensed handgun in the glove box was used against him in this way. He did like 4 years.

I lost the link but it's still on the forum if you care to look.

bad gas

in another thread, a poster talked about a product similar to mace, but will stop a bear at 30 ft. supposedly available at hunting stores and legal. i would think aiming it would be more accurate than most anything else. i've taken my guns to a relative's house for safekeeping. in cali, if you use a gun, you're probably in lots of trouble even if you are defending your family and property. other weapons, check with your lawyer. i know a deputy sheriff. he says that most shootouts occur at a range of 8 ft or less and you would never believe how many missed shots occur.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I understand the bear spray looses its co2 charge over time. Friends from Alaska play with year old cans that where replaced with new. Keep them fresh check dates.

T-type

I don't understand the whole gun registration thing. Around here we just buy/sell/trade guns all the time without doing any sort of paperwork. Are we doing something illegal?

Sorry for being off topic.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I don't understand the whole gun registration thing. Around here we just buy/sell/trade guns all the time without doing any sort of paperwork. Are we doing something illegal?

Sorry for being off topic.

You ain't first! Long guns can usually be transfered legally between private citizens-no felons of course. This is referred to as the "gun show loophole" While waitin in line to enter the show I notice U hav just the gun I want, U take my $$ or trade. Gunshow loophole.
Most states hav some kind of pistol regestration. Here havin an unregestered handgun is manditory hard time.

T-type

[/U]
You ain't first! Long guns can usually be transfered legally between private citizens-no felons of course. This is referred to as the "gun show loophole" While waitin in line to enter the show I notice U hav just the gun I want, U take my $$ or trade. Gunshow loophole.
Most states hav some kind of pistol regestration. Here havin an unregestered handgun is manditory hard time.

Yikes i might need to tell some of my family to visit the sheriff and let them know about their guns. Is that how it is done?

So the handguns that we have gotten from other family members, sometimes from them passing away, and friends are jail time?

God... Who cares if you have a gun or 3 as long as you aren't shooting people or carrying it loaded in public right?

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Yikes i might need to tell some of my family to visit the sheriff and let them know about their guns. Is that how it is done?

So the handguns that we have gotten from other family members, sometimes from them passing away, and friends are jail time?

God... Who cares if you have a gun or 3 as long as you aren't shooting people or carrying it loaded in public right?

FIRST _ ADVICE HERE SHOULD BE VALUED AT THE COST - WHICH IS FREE-- much of what you speak should be addressed individually. Many posters here live in cali land - their firearms laws are a lot like back east - Nevada, right next door - different state rules entirely.

State and local laws can vary GREATLY - about crossbows AND about firearms. Concealed carry may be legal in one town and not right next door.

Federally, it's not against the law for 2 persons, who are legally able to possess any firearm, up to semi auto firearms or transfer ownership. - BUT - interstate transport,, and a few other details can be a fly in your ointment,, so you need to get into specifics.

Private party sales and dealer purchases are different - All dealer sales are run thu ATF - and they are the ones to disapprove a sale. - The sale is usually considered a done deal, and goes ahead if no contact comes back. (I THINK)

Black powder is non regulated - then there are Curio's and Relics - (That old M1 Garand from Grandad) then "Modern". - I think "Assault" has taken a back burner, - so to speak. And then for the testosterone deprived - Class 4 "Full Auto"
Then there are a myriad of strange shit - short barrel shotguns, Auto shot guns, folding stocks, - Silencers

There's a agency called ATF - Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms - they handle the Federal aspects and enforcement. I believe they are also involved with the NCIC checks for firearm sales. DO NOT ASK THEM. ANYTHING. EVER. Kapish?

As far as locally, Texas is a lil different than Boston - and everywhere in between, so if need-be - check it out.

IMHO,, "Gun Control" is hitting the target; and an armed society is a polite society.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts