What's new

Is 1 gram per watt realistic?

G

i feel ya there im pretty good at the getting stoned part lol...peace
Haps said:
Since I do not approach any GPW goals, I choose not to define my success or efforts in this fashion. I also have never weighed a crop out to see what final weight is, I count it in gallons. And a gallon of blue nepalese and a gallon of hashplants or sweet tooth crosses have a significant weight difference.

As long as you have some way to measure your crop from cycle to sycle to see if you are improving or not, I reckon folks should think about it in whatever way makes sinse to them.

My goal is to get stoned, hehehe.
H

G

50 oz or more in my room at all times..never have to chop a crap load of plants at one time...dont have to worry about the over powering smell of pounds of weed at harvest..never run out of grass...thieves jack you they get a little bud instead of a lot..perpetual is how to grow....happy growing yall...peace

Last edited:

Momerath

brainthor said:
ok what about the veg room how to you calculate that into your equation of gpw...i mean i have 4...4 foot...40 watts each fluorescent for veg room i can veg for as long as i want without it slowing me down at all so do i get less than a gram per watt in my flower room because of this?

Actually, I read somewhere to get accurate measurements with time as a factor, you have to calculate lumens x time and light cycle / total yield to accurately measure yield in comparison to the total amount of light output. If you had 500 watts worth of fluorescent lighting, but its spitting out as many lumens as a 1000 watt HPS (unlikely, but for the sake of argument...:)) running on the same light cycle, if measured in gpw would have very different results, however, if measured with amount of lumens over a specific period of time, you would have corresponding results no matter what kind/wattage of light was used.

G

lumens dont mean shit except to the human eye.......par watts and you guys dont even know how you want to measure grams per watt which is a pretty freaking simple equation that should not be complicated...if someone has what they consider to be the proper way to measure it than by all means im listening but it has to make sense for me to agree

Last edited:
I'll agree with the perpetual, I do it myself. Lumens are important if you have a meter. This is how I see if I get enough light. I used to grow large sativas that went 100 days or more. I had no reflectors on my cooltubes because of this. Now its a 75 day strain or less and I do have reflectors and 60 watts per square foot, and a co2 controller. Just one week of adding reflectors and new bulbs has made an amazing difference.

quantbender

i would suggest the semi new cO2 bucket you can order it online, ebay, or at your hydro store it is a one time with means 1 plant life use no generators or anything. and after you can buy the refil bucket for cheaper, i am going to invest in one in the spring time.

G

i love sativas and have never suplimented co2...one of these days maybe i will give the old co2 a try

bio-forte

It should be noted that size of your garden makes a big difference. If you only have a few plants then you lavish them with all your love and attention. If you are like me you spend hours just staring at them in the span of a grow. Your yield depends heavily on how much attention you can give each individual plant especially if they are larger. The super high yields are much harder to achieve in larger spaces but I guess it all depends if you've got a real job or not. Heres a pic of a little cfl experiment I did. Time to love em' makes a big difference for me.

Last edited: