What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Irrational Fears

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I worry every night about getting robbed...while guarding this giant pot farm....hahahaha...silly me!! lol

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone else have any irrational fears?

Anyone else have any irrational fears?

that my chewing would lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight.......

baittis

Don't get me wrong. (Some) Fish are quite cute, and what a taste! Mm-mm-mmh.

BUT! I'm fukken afraid of 'em. Even the tiny ones. I know they (or at least the small ones) don't bite, and realize they're pretty harmless, but there's something creepy about fish..

For example, I don't go swimming if I see a fish in the water, but if I see none (still knowing there must be lots) it's okay.

I'm an outdoors person, and I guess I'm missing a lot. Would be so cool to fish my own food while in the wilds, but hey. Can't touch them fish. At leats while they're still alive.

Don't really know where this stupid phobia comes from. Had quite a few laughs about this w/ friends.

dgr

They call them phobias so that people don't have to feel the shame of knowing they are irrational.

I fear swimming in the ocean by myself. Should there be a shark attack, it is 100% certainty that I will be the one to die. Should there be one other person in the water when that attack occurs, the odds drop to 50%. Much better odds.

baittis,
You ever been attacked by polliwogs? I remember being a kid and being swarmed by little black ones. It didn't hurt but they were definitely biting my feet.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
I never saw a little brown mouse till I was 15yrs old FREAK me out I was staying at some friends house in the city. I slept with the lights. I only got a little bit of sleep that night.
The next night I MADE there family dog sleep with me with every light in the room on.

C

Classy@Home

i like snakes. if i found one it my toilet i would consider it a gift. and keep it
Me too...

My irrational fear (nobody laugh, plse) is deep, murky water (over my head) - I fear "something" will get me, and I rarely swim in lakes or bodies of water where I can't see the bottom. Pools, no probs. I can swim - no probs. I know there are no monsters/sharks/"things" in the freshwater bodies of water - until I get near or in the water.

Then I can't wait to get out - immediately...

sso

Veteran
this fear of deep water is rather common...

yeah, i suspect Jaws.. ditto on the cant see the bottom thing lol.

but im ok if know there arent any biters there where im swimming, though i also know in the sea arent any walls, so dont like it much. :D

dont see the point really of swimming in really deep waters either.. unless i was snorkeling or scubadiving. and if its really deep water, i dont see the point at all (hugo moneyo diving there)

plus, have you seen the giant squids that live in really deep water? lol, even the suckers on the arms sting into your flesh while they pull you into this giant parrot beak that rips you to shreds as it eats you alive. fuck. sharks what?! :)

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive had the irrational fear of not having a job,or losing my job ,and running out money again.While having a new job.But that fear was recently erased forever .With death of some family members,and a new change to my financial landscape.

litebuzz

bats.....and I was traumatized by this incident on a cold Dec. evening while feeding/watering my plants.
It took me an hour to get up enough courage to pick it up and put it in a container so I could bring it to the wildlife rescue.
of course I even had a thick leather glove on....I'd go to put my hand around it and it would open its eyes....aaaaaack!!!!!! Then I 'd pull away....lol...probably weighed a 1/2 oz.

Attachments

• batyikes.jpg
    batyikes.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 7

Lawladash

Same thing with the deep water that I can't see in. I've been scuba diving in clear water and had no problems, a pool? Piece of cake. A lake or river that I can't see everything around me? No sir, I'll fish there all day, but I just have a feeling something is going to come up and start eating me, even though I know this won't happen.