What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IRISH POLICE SEIZE '500,000 euros' WORTH OF CANNABIS IN NORTH DUBLIN

therevverend

Veteran
The barbarians arrested a man and a woman for having a nice stash of herbs. I don't know what cannabis goes for in Ireland. The picture shows a pile of plastic bags full of something, presumably cannabis. The pigs announce the stuff is worth half a million euros. I wonder, I don't know what cannabis goes for in Dublin but it seems a little high to me.

It looks like it's broken up into half kilos or lbs, 25-50 lbs worth, maybe 10-25 kilos. Unless it's very dense. That's $5-10,000 a lb/20,000 a kilo. Not California prices. Maybe I need to move to Ireland...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The barbarians arrested a man and a woman for having a nice stash of herbs. I don't know what cannabis goes for in Ireland. The picture shows a pile of plastic bags full of something, presumably cannabis. The pigs announce the stuff is worth half a million euros. I wonder, I don't know what cannabis goes for in Dublin but it seems a little high to me.

It looks like it's broken up into half kilos or lbs, 25-50 lbs worth, maybe 10-25 kilos. Unless it's very dense. That's $5-10,000 a lb/20,000 a kilo. Not California prices. Maybe I need to move to Ireland...

I bet somebody is pissed off.

Lumpy-Gravy

I know in the past cannabis was frowned upon in Ireland by the paramilitaries. I’ve read of kneecapping weed dealers and the like. How times have changed.

therevverend

Veteran
A good price for weed in Ireland is £600/oz …that’s why the numbers are crazy
That's ridiculous. When my friend was there in the late 90s they didn't have green bud. Only hashish. And the hashish wasn't very good.

My point is that's the price for an oz. Not wholesale. No way they're selling a kilo for that much. The cops always assume that their victims are going to sell the entire stash in one gram increments for street prices.

BusyB

Customs are a bitch in Ireland (North and South) since 2018 it seemed to tighten up bad.
Apparently it stopped alot of online drugs, especially weed sales being shipped in.

Rider420

A good price for weed in Ireland is £600/oz …that’s why the numbers are crazy
£600 equals 995 Canadian dollars.

Meanwhile in Canada a legal ounce runs you from 63.99 Canadian or 38.60 pounds sterling.

Smoking a joint enjoying the fruits of my labour, I grow my own four legal plants that costs me about five bucks an ounce.

Sorry eh.

singlecoiled

Isnt it crazy how legalization has dropped prices? Its almost not worth it to grow where I live.

I'm in the Wash DC area and prices are as low as 80 a zip for decent bud. (not great, but pretty good for the $) Just a few years ago, those same buds were selling for 300-400 a zip.

Cost of soil 25 bucks (or more), Lights and electricity for 3-4 months, around 25 bucks. Seeds are around 10 bucks a pop these days for Fem and good genetics. So, if you subtract the costs, I'm not really saving that much..

I'm sure a lot of illegal growers are hating life with the prices dropping like they are in the US. Maybe a move to Ireland would help....

Latest posts

Latest posts