What's new

iphone: worth it?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why does it seem , if someone is on a cell phone or looking at one, it makes them seem really dumb? look next time your out, and you'll see there look retarded

whatever happened to enjoying what your doing in that moment?

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
that was pat buchanan on the mclaughlin group yea funny chit! as long as they can tell that they were texting when they run into me i'm fine...

Thats it!! that mclaughlin character was crackin me up - fuckin loud angry sona bitch that guy is.. pat buchanan - what a little biotch!!

thanks for clearin that up man Much K

Edit - hey amstel Light, if you're looking into the palm pre, consider the fact it does not have a camcorder function.. also the keyboard is so crampt its hard to text (while drving lol) and doing google search's or navigation.. just a PITA in my experience.. other than that not a bad phone.. ohh one more thing - the GPS NAV on those phone SUCK. crazy deleys you'll pass your turn before or while its telling you to turn. just my personal experience

S

silent_lemon

ive had my iphone 3g since they came about sometime around spring 2008. Ive dropped it quite a few times, have the protective transparent film over the screen, that's it, no rubber case(annoying as hell as it sticks to the pocket lining, and wont come out of your pants!).

i have 2000mins/unlimited text, 6gig transfer, iphone voicemail, call waiting, all those things, it has a 2mp camera. and also doubles as an ipod/video player. 8gigs is enough. for 70canadian+tax. also my provider gives the phones away for 100 bucks CAN with a 2 year plan. such a steal, YEAH ill use it for 2 years.

ive used the BARE BONES cellphones for a long time. im not going back to them after this experience, it's proving too invaluable.

i figure it's worth it. i dont regularly use the apps, i think theyre mostly a waste of time/money, but i use the map feature(DOESNT HAVE GPS, it has celltower triangulation) i look up traffic, weather, stocks, internet, youtube, email, messenger, everything those other phones have but clearer and more concise with the iphone. it simply put all the other phones that came out on the market at the same time, to shame. However, soon there will be more iphone copies coming out with better processors, and better screens/cameras; everything you buy is going to be obsolete in less time than is cognitively comfortable.

the keyboard is fine as long as you dont have parkinsons or poor poor eyesight. dont try driving and working it, since it has no tactile keys, makes it fairly hard to multitask and use.

id say that sounds like a good plan, similar to mine. it's no portable computer, but it comes damn close. I even took it on a roadtrip, abused it so much in a few days, and never had to charge it, as long as you dont waste hte battery on music or videos, it lasts forever/few days which is decent from a utility phone.

it's mostly a toy, but it has good features, the good visuals and the map feature, internet browsing is simply imperative i find.

my ex bitch gf went through quite the blackberry selection, i am not a fan of those phones.

ps. youll be the life of the party when someone cant think of something and you WIKI it in 2 minutes and show off your E-KNOWLDGE!1!oneoN!!

pps. ALL my pictures in ALL my albums ive taken with my iphone. not as good as a digi PnS but it works just fine!

bens lab

I've had one since they were released, it's great but costs me £30 a month, very good for browsing the internet during a quiet 5 minutes at work, etc.

Can come in handy for alot of things whilst you're out and about, some brilliant apps out too, just got a good one for helping stay in shape called 'lose it'. I'm quite satisfied and I only use about half the stuff on it tbh.

DKBuddy

Remember iPhones and several new smart phones record your GPS location on every photo.....

Take care ICers....

http://techmaster.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/iphone-20-stores-gps-location-data-in-photos/

great info there +rep
didnt know that.... i dont have one on my own but i know a guy who used to take pics of his plants with an iphone..
now that is sick storing gps data.. well im pretty sure there is a tool to make this not happen but still...
take care of this guys and stay safe!!!!

M

MoldyFrogToe

Only prob is that aim and face book free apps stopped working they just open and automatically close.....why is that?

whiterabbit9

Veteran
damn no one knows what those giant phones where called ?

they where grey
slim but wide and had a rubber antenna on the top

U4ic

I've been using the samsung instinct from Sprint and like the umlimited mins/text/data...3 phones for the family with that plan is 129 a month....

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn no one knows what those giant phones where called ?

they where grey
slim but wide and had a rubber antenna on the top

zack_morris_mark_paul_gosselaar.jpg

Dude is still rockin' that shizz!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_DynaTAC

M

MoldyFrogToe

only annnoying thing is that u cant have multiple apps open like multitasking in windows

keeganmichaeli

YES! My iphone has been about the most useful thing I've bought in a long time! E-mail quickly at fingertips, fast internet, apps for anything and everything, ipod, youtube player, itunes on the phone, good picture and video recording, and now you can send pics and vids for same as text!

There are also some awesome apps for using it as your organizer, I found one that works great, better than the palm I had

Latest posts

Latest posts