What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ipad 2?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
just think of all that money flooding out of the usa as well to china :p

(i should say work really not money, though they dont get paid that great so everyone kinda loses)

but for functionality i hear the i pad 2 is pretty good,,

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i use it all the down. it is a higly portable and functional. watered down computer. it is great. excellent broweser for surfing. not a real workhorse. i think it plays its role very well

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Let it go.

If you bought the wifi ipad and sat in my backyard, you could not make calls, no matter what app or skype (lol) you had. If you had an iphone and sat in my backyard, you could make calls.

It is a big iphone that does not make calls.

That's why they make a whole other model with 3G. If you're looking to make calls outside of a wifi hotspot, that would be the model to make it possible. The iPad 2 is completely capable of making calls.

Snoopster

Veteran
That's why they make a whole other model with 3G. If you're looking to make calls outside of a wifi hotspot, that would be the model to make it possible. The iPad 2 is completely capable of making calls.

why would you want to make calls on an ipad? The whole point of apple products is to look cool, you would look ridiculous holding that big thing next to your head

you missed the point, of course it is capable of making calls, derp, so is any other tablet

it is the same as an iphone, but bigger and much harder to make calls on

it is great, get one

What can an ipad do that an iphone or ipod touch can't?
none can access 4g

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
It is basically a bigger iphone that doesn't make calls.

The whole point of apple products is to look cool, you would look ridiculous holding that big thing next to your head

you missed the point, of course it is capable of making calls, derp, so is any other tablet

it is the same as an iphone, but bigger and much harder to make calls on

it is great, get one

What can an ipad do that an iphone or ipod touch can't?
none can access 4g

So can it make calls or not? What's so hard about opening an app and dialing a number? Why would you hold it up to your head? It has a speakerphone or you could use a wired or bluetooth headset. And no one says that you have to make calls on it just that you can if you were so inclined. You buy Apple products to look cool?

WasntMe

airplay is a great feature, I use it constantly for household music ...Pandora usually.
my house lighting system, HVAC and AV is controlled from my iPad. My Security cameras can be remotely viewed on my iPad. I also can remote access and control my macbook air through my iPad when needed.
There are a lot of integration/intercommunication options that become available when using multiple apple devices in a household ...i.e. AppleTV, Airport Express, iPhone, iPad, macbook, etc.
iCloud option now opens up a whole new range of productivity options.

the apple or pc world both have pros and cons of using them. ask around and see what is going to work out for your situation the most.

Hubble, let me know if you have any specific questions

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was at my cellular retailer this morning and they had a white ipad2 on display.

I must say, that thing looks impressive.

But it cost more than a laptop!

Anyone got it yet?

Being an uber geek I gotta say without any question the Ipad's are one of the best inventions of our time. To be able to find one for 300 or so if you look hard enough will give you a bedside book and quick sports VIDEO update your e-mail stocks book a trip movie tickets...... you get the idea.

Also for the older generation who thinks computers will blow up if you hit the wrong key.... all they gotta do is hit power slide to unlock and push the envelope. Done easy peasy and grammy is a hacker :)

Many have tried to copy it and most have fallen by the way side while others have achieved much success. The Kindle fire compared to a pad is laughable if you try it in a side by side test but yet the Kindle is only what 249.00 ?

To me the Ipads are like a Hortilux Bulb or an Ez-Cloner. Yes there are others on the market and most are much cheaper but for those that understand that a little bit now will save you a to in the future well it;s a win win and besides you deserve the best so go for it.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
i dont own one personally, but the 2 friends that own them absolutely loves it. it is used multiple times just in the 2-3 hours im at one of my friends place, and he says he only uses his laptop for downloading shit now.

i love the HVAC controls and home security options the Ipad2 provides. i plan on getting one by the spring, gotta buy tickets to Hawaii first.

Hubbleman

Veteran
waw lots of good reviews :)

Of course it can make calls with 3g

If i didnt have a laptop and a PC id definetly buy it!

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
waw lots of good reviews :)

Of course it can make calls with 3g

If i didnt have a laptop and a PC id definetly buy it!

We have 3 laptops and 3 desktops. One of the desktops is an Alienware Area 51 Alx that is used for serious gaming and a Media Center for the Mitsu Dlp and we have 2 Pads that like I said are next to the beds. We are snuggle bugs at my house so the idea of all of us laying in bed watching a movie is common place and having a pad handy makes it SO MUCH EASIER to do what we do and never leave the warm spot on the bed and can check my mail read headlines and catch up on the days scores all b4 my laptop boots :)

They are not a replacement imho because I'd take my Alienware all day long but they do serve a purpose and do so better than anything else in it's class and legal to Jailbreak as well.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

Snoopster

Veteran
Snoopster tryin to make apple look snobby, ends up getting snobbed himself. LOL

You should learn how to read and perhaps buy a sense of humor.
I was being facetious in the face of people that were either unable or unwilling to understand my point. You know, dimwits.

I said to buy one if you can afford it and that I would buy one if I traveled more.

Superhoops

I love mine but hey I am a bit of an apple fiend...my only gripe is the camera is garbage IMO and you know that apple could do a whole lot better but they will save the better camera for the ipad 5.

WasntMe

I love mine but hey I am a bit of an apple fiend...my only gripe is the camera is garbage IMO and you know that apple could do a whole lot better but they will save the better camera for the ipad 5.

iPad 3 will likely be 8 mega pixel dual cameras, front and back.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Now if they could only get Siri out of beta and make her work like she's supposed to... or at all for that matter...

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
I still love it. Take it when I travel and is always at the office with me. I'm hooked and am officially a fanboy. Just joking. Nt a fan boy but I do love my pad and iohone

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
I have airvideo streaming my video collection in the house or on the go. Avi's Mkv's 720p,1080p, everything!!!! Even have the netflix app just incase my own collection isnt enough.

Got this progam called Djay, and with bluetooth i can hook my laptop up to my surround and use the bluetooth to stream the audio, so i can sit comfortably and chop n screw my favorite tracks.And of course theres garage band and fruity loops to play with as well

Might feel like vegging out and reading a book, so then i bust out the kindle app and have a booked sized read right in my hand. I love my Lenovo T-420 laptop, but sometimes its overkill and bulky and cumbersome. I can just grab the pad and go. I can lay in bed and play few games of poker before i crash out.

Latest posts

Latest posts