What's new

intruducing the Green Mama!

Green Mama

hey everybody,
I'm new to icmag and to the grow community. But thrilled to have been introduced by a fellow member of this site. so far he has taught me most of what i know, but now I'm on my own.
I live in northern California and am prop 215 compliant. I have recently endeavored in my own set up and am very pleased so far. My first strain will be Blue cheese, a blueberry X cheese cross. don't know much about it. I've seen different kinds of blueberry around but know nothing of cheese if anyone has any helpful info.
I'm sure I'll have lots of ??? in the near future when i get further along. And will post some pics also soon.
can't wait to meet you all.
peace, Green Mama

M

MEDI-EVIL

welcome green mamma,cant wait to see some pics.
take it easy and enjoy..
i love b/berry nice choice i think cheese is a uk strain not sure tho.

me.

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Welcome Green Mama , glad to see you here . Curious , what kind of space / lights are you gonna be working with ? . If you can remember , did you like the Green Queen ? . I got lots of GQ x Chem DoubleD beans that should be very nice , or if height is an issue PurpleUrkle x ChemDoubleD .

J

JackTheGrower

Welcome Green Mama.

I am 'round Modesto and Am on Skype

The first grows are the best.. Watch it closely learn learn....

If you need help with curing and storage I can offer some opinion.

Jack

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, the bb x cheese....controversial...lol, good job to start!

There was a sport (distinguished/special pheno) of skunk #1 that has been in the UK for over 20 years...it was held and maintain by a grower that goes by Exodus. He called it cheese. Cheese was mad popular and a must have in the UK for a long time, and then a seed company got it. (Big Buddha) They took the UK cheese clone only, crossed it to an Afghan male, and then bx'ed (back crossed) those seeds to the original clone mother 5 successive times. So it is a hybrid, that is several generations bx'ed. However, it (Cheese) was not very well received by the growing community because it was not an accurate representation of the original clone only cut from Exodus. So...it (seed form) got trashed and everyone got disgusted and pretty much quit growing it or talking about it.
The BB x Cheese aka Blue Cheese, is a blueberry crossed with the seed form of Cheese...i believe. So, to my knowledge, there is no specific claim as to what blueberry was used, ie.. where the blueberry came from (company / breeder) So, still I understand that the Blue Cheese we better received and more throughly enjoyed, than just Cheese alone.

However, neither compare to the quality that is the Exodus Cheese clone. That is the one you want...mostly famous not for strength of high...but for smell and taste.

That is it in a nut shell.

dank.Frank

headimonster

i assume the bluecheese is the Big Buddah Seeds cut going around norcal...HELLO GREEN MAMA!!! glad to see ya here---and around my neck of the woods!! awesome , ---the bluecheese is OKAAAAY, im sure done organically and RIGHT it can be insane, it tastes kinda like blue cotton candy, its more of an indica, or the onei tried, and from my understanding the UK cheese is a sat dominant, either way good lucK!! and enjoy!!!

Green Mama

Hey Jack, nice to meet a local. thanks for the support. i do have questions about how to know the best time to chop. but I'm not anywhere near that point yet. I'd love any advice or opinions you wanna share.

Dank Frank, thanks for the background, i had a feeling there would be something like that behind it because of the source it came from, but it was gift, what the hell.

HeadiMonster, i'm sure they are what you've seen going around norcal. I'll make it the very best it can be though, thats a guarantee. I'll be getting better genetics soon. I'm so excited.

Green Mama

Joe bean, i was really impressed with the purple in the pics of the green queen you posted. i do remember the green queen, she was more green though. height is not an issue for me. i would love either of those.
i have a great setup. it's a walk in closet. about 8'x8' but i have divided it in half with landscape plastic so the flower room is completely sealed in white plastic it's about 8'x5' with a full height ceiling. I will be ventilating through a vent in the attic. this will be my latter veg and flower room because i got a 600w quatum balast that will use either mh or hps lamps and dims to the wattage you need at the time. i have 2 solarmax bulbs both 600w (but dim-able, if necessary, of course) one hps and one mh to switch out. on the other side i made a cloning and youngling box out of something that was already in the closet and Perfect. it is about 2' x 4' and i hung a reflector that holds 4 sunblaster tubes that are 24w each. only 2 are going currently. i wanted to ask you what timing you recommend for the clones and mother write now. i had it on 24hr then i read a thread on here about lighting and put it on 18/6. the plant seems to be growing very slow mabee its just a squatty breed. i tried to post pictures of the clone box, let me know if it didnt work. ive never posted picture before.

Attachments

• IMG_4359.jpg
    IMG_4359.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4358.jpg
    IMG_4358.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 10

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not a problem...just wanted to give you a bit of history behind what you have there...seeing how you DID kinda ask...hehehe.

Should produce you some nice smoke...treat her well, and you will be rewarded.

dank.Frank

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Awesome ! , That plant is in perfect health ! . I almost always veg 24 hours but 18/6 will work just as well just a few hours less photosynthesis a day . With that fluorescent you'll want to hang it closer to your plant(s) . I would recommend setting up that 600w when you can , that will get you growing much faster . Maybe start some bending or any low stress training to get her to bush out and fill more horizontal space . Your off to a good start , I'm proud of you .

J

JackTheGrower

Hey Jack, nice to meet a local. thanks for the support. i do have questions about how to know the best time to chop. but I'm not anywhere near that point yet. I'd love any advice or opinions you wanna share.

closeted?

I work for no one the the exchange is friendship.

So pay up or get out LOL....

Jack

Green Mama

Hi back, knife hitz

Thanks Joe bean, I'm gonna put the light back to 24 hr. Your right, i should get the 600w going, i went to set it up this afternoon and when i pulled the cool tube out of the box IT WAS WAS BROKEN so i had to drive 45 min to the store to get a replacement. in the mean time i also bent all the stems to help them branch out more. the ventilation is being a pain in my ass, but i almost got it figured out, I'll let you know tomorrow how it all turns out.

J

JackTheGrower

jack,
whats this skype thing about? am i missin out on something?

Na it's just video chat. It's a free program you can download called Skype but there are others as well I think Yahoo does it, MSN does it and more.

I'm trying to break the habit of fear about being on grow sites.

I'm a medical person in California and I hate the mind set that I'm a criminal..

Your are welcome to chat with me if you like.. And thanks for having a sense of humor..

I also need to exercise the friendships more... I tend to do the solo thing too much.

So breaking old habits, getting past the fear and trying to enrich my life with new friends.

That's the Skype thing.

Jack