What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

INTRODUCING...ADUB

So, in order to tell this story properly, i'm gonna have to do a bit of backtracking. Around 2003, i hit a point where i had been running the same strain for a good while (Green crack gifted to me out of athens, ga). It was the only thing i had access to at the time and though it is still one of my favorite strains, anyone who's ever had the same thing for long enough knows, you long for something different. I had pondered ordering seeds online but at the time emery seeds had just been shut down and i think it's safe to say we were all a little wary. So, being the quick thinker i am, i decided to try my hand at breeding. I knew the GC would make a formitable momma but i needed a daddy. all i had access to at the time was bagseed so i decided to give it a go. i had a friend that showed up one day with a nice small nugget of a slight pinkish hue. said nugget happened to contain a few nice seeds and from these, i got two very beautiful daddies. one was considerably on the indica side and the other favored the sativa. having the tolerance from hell, i opted for what i assumed would be the stronger of the two and i went with the sativa daddy (the other was regrettably discarded as was the sativa after we had pimped him out). now, around this same time, tragedy hit my family. one of my closest brethren and partners in crime met a tragic end while mowing grass at work. he was struck by lighting during one of the strangest freak storms i've ever seen. suffice to say, one of the finest soldiers i've ever met was left behind that day and i saw it only fitting to name what became one of the greatest strains i've tried to date, after my boy. thus was born...ADUB.

SO, on to the report. the only thing the dub has ever seen is organics. i've seen her run hydroponically but only with organic nutes. she loves em and i wouldn't have it ANY other way. the pheno we've kept stays somewhat short and the structure is very much like her GC momma. i have seen a pheno that stretches a bit more with slightly larger nugs but it didn't have that trademark adub skunk/funk so it's been discarded. it is a slightly lower yielder than her GC momma but she makes up for it in spades. nice sized nugs can be had with a nice veg time. normal flowering time is roughly 70-75 days (some heads starting to amber but mostly milky). the smoke has a VERY strong acrid skunk/rotten fruit odor that cures to a rank, skunky funk. definitely not stuff to travel with. THIS SHIT WILL GET YOU ARRESTED IF OPENED IN PUBLIC! the head is unlike any i've experienced before. the closest thing i can liken it to is nitrous oxide. it lifts your head into a lightheaded stupor and keeps it there for well over an hour. one complaint people have had about the GC is in the duration department and the adub has that covered. i have notices that too much will lead to a slight stupor for the uninitiated and can also lead to slight amnesia (realizing you've driven half way across town because you had hamburgers on the brain when you were supposed to be somewhere else alltogether). i realize i've taken up WAY more space than i intended so i'll wrap it up. this was really nothing more than my maiden voyage into breeding. it was my way of paying tribute to one of the finest people fighting the good fight that i've met to date. i really hope you guys enjoy. i have more pics ill try to add as i can dig em up. i also hope to do a BX to the original GC momma early next year and hopefully these can be used as freebies at the bay. i also want to thank everyone here at ic mag for all the incredible info i've gotten over the years. i've been a lurker for years and have absorbed so much info from you guys it's not funny. this was my first breeding project and was done almost blindly but after boning up here at icmag, i've done tons more that i hope to be able to share. CHEERS!!

NOTE: I DO NOT GROW MARIJUANA NOR DO I IN ANY WAY ENDORSE BREAKING THE LAW. I DO HOWEVER SUPPORT FREE THOUGHT AND THE PROMISE OF "LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS", SOMETHING I WILL DIE FIGHTING FOR. ALL PICTURES/ACCOUNTS ARE FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Well said Brother 💯🔥 and that's Awesome your reason fire getting into breeding was for your buddies love of the plant!