What's new

International Man Of Leisure

Even laziness has its limits. This grow will attempt to find out where they are. I will be using the PPK design to combine productivity and couch time.

Right now I'm popping a cross of Kali Mist and Flo. Not exactly a yield monster so I will put a few on the perimeter just to paint my mind. Until I can get my eventual go to strain obtained and dialed in I'm going to run some other genes I have. After a lot of research, I think I'll focus on Sour 13 in the future for its mix of potency, growth pattern and bag appeal. This is what I have on hand to choose for a first run:
Mazar
Tangerine Kush
Oriental Express
Pakistani Chitral Kush
Spice
Satori
Aurora Indica
Sam's Original Haze x Thai Skunk (yeah right..never again inside)

This will be 1k over a flat scrog and 1k vert scrog. I will use totes for containers and will probably need PVC braces in the reservoir totes to support a two month vegged plant.

I sure would love to use the nutes I have before getting the Jack's. I have CNS-17 Hydro, Pure Blend and Maxibloom. If I'm causing more trouble for myself I'll go ahead and bite the bullet.

Anybody got a suggestion for an economical and effective digital camera? I don't necessarily need macros.

S

SeaMaiden

Mmm.. I love our Panasonic Lumix. $300 or so, but I'm sure you can find a good deal on them.

I know nothing about your strain selections, but I'm tagging along for the ride.

Mmm.. I love our Panasonic Lumix. $300 or so, but I'm sure you can find a good deal on them.

I know nothing about your strain selections, but I'm tagging along for the ride.

I just realized that your avatar was a cat's head wearing a bow. All this time I've seen it as a broken sea creature. Thanks for the tip. I'll search that model out. I wonder if you can rent them?:biggrin:

Well it just got a lot more boring. Due to the typical shit hitting the fan scenario a few months ago I entrusted all my seeds with someone. When I went to get them back today I was told that he had thrown them all away because he figured I was done and "they weren't doing me any good being here". Not cool. That was five years of purchases and cross breeding on river banks to get seed plants.

I'm psyched to grow the Vitality because of its described head but I don't think it will do much for testing the yield of a long vegged PPK. Not a good day. Days like this make me think I'm crazy for playing at this game..rant over.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a Nikon S8200 and it serves the purpose well ... takes great macro shots too - but the bread winner for point and shoot is the Canon S100, albeit a bit more pricey.

dank.Frank

D

DaveTheNewbie

If you're talking about the dude...that's a little more complicated. He has supplied excellent clones for free a few times but today I ain't feeling it.

if he is in the business of supplying clones to people, is it possible he supplied seeds to people too ?

S

SeaMaiden

Well it just got a lot more boring. Due to the typical shit hitting the fan scenario a few months ago I entrusted all my seeds with someone. When I went to get them back today I was told that he had thrown them all away because he figured I was done and "they weren't doing me any good being here". Not cool. That was five years of purchases and cross breeding on river banks to get seed plants.
<GASP> He what?????
I'm psyched to grow the Vitality because of its described head but I don't think it will do much for testing the yield of a long vegged PPK. Not a good day. Days like this make me think I'm crazy for playing at this game..rant over.
Can't say I blame you.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
"International Man of Leisure"! then i guess i'm the "county line, occasionally the state line but not much further man of leisure"!

break a branch!

Last edited:
I found DP review to be the best site that tests and compares cameras two years ago I was looking for a camera and spent months looking I bought the Samsung WB600 it was much less than the new WB650 and very little difference it has 15x zoom 12 megapixel 1000 photo battery strong flash and will fit in you front pocket
it was the june 2010 co-winner http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q210grouptravelzoom/

July 2011 review of compact zoom cameras http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/q311travelzoomgrouptest/

Nov 23 2012 review top five compact cameras http://www.dpreview.com/articles/6698413448/dpreview-recommends-top-5-compact-cameras

Search the site most cameras have different names according to what part of the world your in it doesn't make sense but keep it in mind.

The first two reviews are very detailed but you have to click on the top or bottom of the page where it says introduction there are more than 15 pages of side by side photo and video comparisons it is the most detailed but not the best layout.

Popped open the humidor for the first time in months after being inspired by some Blue Dream a friend shared Thanksgiving night. I have small quantities of several strains going back to 2008 including a couple I failed to list above; Mental Floss and Flo. In going through them I found several had a few seeds.This makes me happy but presents a dilemna. For example, due to my advanced powers of leisure, the Mental Floss seeds could be pollinated with everything from Purple Pakistani Kush to Spice to Oriental Express to Satori. That doesn't even factor in the few plants I call Skunkaberry. That name is not even really accurate because Skunkberry, which Reeferman sent in 2004 instead of Newberry, was accidentally sprayed with an unknown stretchy sativa that he sent instead of Love Potion #1.
In short, I'm looking at a pheno hunt from hell. Label them, grow them up enough to take cuttings, take at least two cuttings, throw one into 12-12 to show sex, kill the male donors, wait til harvest to test the smoke, either try to reveg or have taken more clones at the flip to perpetuate the winners...........or Dr. Greenthumb if you're reading this, please send me the Sour 13 or Chemdawg 13 and I'll kindly do a journal for you.

D

DHF

I feel your pain Bro.....I lost ALL my seedstock from 20 yrs of fuckin around when tweaker crackheads broke into a house I was remodelin and growin my ass off in the process......

The only appliance in the house was a fridge in the basement I had coverin the cubbyhole access to my flip rooms , and every seed I ever accumulated was in the freezer....

When they moved it and took the fridge , they found my access hole and got all my shit........all the equipment as well as the freshly replanted room on 1 side , and the plants maybe a month into flower on the other.....so.......

What they got was buncha larfy bullshit and my seeds......but.......the seedstock was well worth waaaaay more and irreplaceable , so again I feels yas.......anyways.....

Onward and upward......Intestinal fortitude and all that other good shit.......Adapt or perish........believe that.........

Good luck.....DHF......:ying:.....

I feel your pain Bro.....I lost ALL my seedstock from 20 yrs of fuckin around when tweaker crackheads broke into a house I was remodelin and growin my ass off in the process......

The only appliance in the house was a fridge in the basement I had coverin the cubbyhole access to my flip rooms , and every seed I ever accumulated was in the freezer....

When they moved it and took the fridge , they found my access hole and got all my shit........all the equipment as well as the freshly replanted room on 1 side , and the plants maybe a month into flower on the other.....so.......

What they got was buncha larfy bullshit and my seeds......but.......the seedstock was well worth waaaaay more and irreplaceable , so again I feels yas.......anyways.....

Onward and upward......Intestinal fortitude and all that other good shit.......Adapt or perish........believe that.........

Good luck.....DHF......:ying:.....

I remember reading you posting about this once and always wondered how you grew so much in remodels without shit like that happening all the time.

Mister_D

Veteran
Off to a bumpy start VG, but it might just be a blessing in disguise. Hoping for good things in your future. I'll be watching, however she unfolds for ya :biggrin:

I wonder if I need to run RO. My Hanna Primo shows 165 ppm at a conversion factor of .5 and my Ph is 6.6 We have a lot of limestone in our water but I've still had to use cal/mag when running certain strains in coco. I have almost new bottles of Pure Blend and CNS-17 as well as Maxibloom. Has anyone run these in a PPK and if so in what medium. (I've probably read this stuff at least twice but my card index of a brain is overfowing)

S

SeaMaiden

Do you have a local aquarium shop that could test the water (if it's a well)? Otherwise, get a recent water quality report and find out what's causing that level of PPMs first. You might need to add some Ca and Mg, but I personally will suggest separating them out instead of giving a combination product. I like to use a combination of kelp, BioLink's 6% Ca (which is derived from CaCO3), molasses and worm castings, along with rock dusts depending on whether I'm Feeling Funky or Not.

I'm drawing a blank on what a PPK is, but am waiting to be impressed with your Advanced Powers of Leisure. I'm thinking you just might be giving The Most Interesting Man in the World a Real Run For His Money!

WWJD?

Do you have a local aquarium shop that could test the water (if it's a well)? Otherwise, get a recent water quality report and find out what's causing that level of PPMs first. You might need to add some Ca and Mg, but I personally will suggest separating them out instead of giving a combination product. I like to use a combination of kelp, BioLink's 6% Ca (which is derived from CaCO3), molasses and worm castings, along with rock dusts depending on whether I'm Feeling Funky or Not.

I'm drawing a blank on what a PPK is, but am waiting to be impressed with your Advanced Powers of Leisure. I'm thinking you just might be giving The Most Interesting Man in the World a Real Run For His Money!

WWJD?

If you can assure me of your stability, I'll refer to you a thread called Passive Plant Killer under the Hydro forum. Don't blame me if you never come out. I've read it twice but, as you can see from my questions, I'm scared to go back in there to find fertilizer and medium info. Damn that Delta, D9, Delta9nxs or whatever he's calling himself these days.